Sign in to follow this  
simtom

March 5th, 2020 – Development Update

I like these screenies, they really give me a good idea as to the capabilities and limitations of the scenery engine and its source data.

Great shots; Madrid (Eigil A) a bit colorless and needs color correction. Clouds look too fluffy to me. I have seen clouds looking photoreal in this sim but others too fluffy. Wonder if that has to do with settings.  

Watershot by Momedia 1, breathtaking. 

We really are getting spoiled; standard got risen almost impossibly high by MS/Asobo. 

Edited by 767lover
  • Like 1

Man, these pics are both exciting me and killing me.  I want to fly in this simulator right now!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Finally there are colours in sim!

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

4 minutes ago, 767lover said:

Great shots; Madrid (Eigil A) a bit colorless and needs color correction. Clouds look too fluffy to me. I have seen clouds looking photoreal in this sim but others too fluffy. Wonder if that has to do with settings.  

I pretty much think you mean Barcelona 🙂

Cheers

Carlos

• Upvote 1

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Scenery observations:

• Photogrammetry scenery does not have overlays (Road networks etc). 
    • But the resolution is impressive in some screens (terrain precision + stadium)
  • Procedural scenery has overlays it seems but looks like a first draft (bridges connections and alllignment)
  • Color correction is not done on aerial imagery as it was speculated using AI... (I could be wrong).
  • There is what seems to be a mix of photogrammetry and the procedural evergreen trees as far as my eyes could see.
  • Procedural infrastructure seems to me a bit more customized than previous shots but depends maybe on locations...
Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

19 minutes ago, aleex said:

A lot of things are coming next update.

Just wonder what they have prepared for April/May 

The only real positive from todays update.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

12 minutes ago, 767lover said:

Watershot by Momedia 1, breathtaking. 

Amazing!   Can we have boats/ships too?

• Like 1

Matthew S

4 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

Photogrammetry scenery does not have overlays (Road networks etc).

How do you know, and are you talking about a specific picture?

Also, if you look at the Icon32 picture, you can see bridges are still giving them trouble.

Great batch of pictures.  Nice to finally see rough water in a screenshot, and some cloud skimming (photo is named silver lining.)

16 minutes ago, chass32 said:

I pretty much think you mean Barcelona 🙂

Cheers

Carlos

Yes, indeed!

37 minutes ago, cepact said:

I predicted coronavirus will cause delay, everyone laughed at me !

not everyone,

whole economy is so much connected, everything has an impact on
everything the result or in other words the payday will come anyway
but delayed (domino effect).

They've been killing it with those screenshots, more and more impressive every time (especially that water). Hopefully the team manage to avoid any health issues.

I have one request to make though, please do your best to include HDR support on the PC version (some games lock those to the console versions). Those blown-out highlights would benefit a lot from capable monitors or TVs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Every set of shots is more and more impressive. I continue to be amazed at what I’m seeing. Yeah I know the shots are cherry-picked, but what is being done at such a huge scale is still just stunning.

Chris

59 minutes ago, cepact said:

I predicted coronavirus will cause delay, everyone laughed at me !

Here is the thread, and yes people did make fun of you.    ☹️