Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

March 26th, 2020 – Development Update

58 minutes ago, 767lover said:

Where in the video do they mention this?

And what is with those blurry mountrain textures at 2:02 in the video? Must be ultra-low graphics settings (or at least I hope)!

Not this video but a previous one, as far as the blurry textures I'm guessing it's a lower setting 

21 minutes ago, honanhal said:

So let me start by saying that I echo everyone who was blown away by this. It looks great and even better than we dared to hope!

But am I the only one seeing what seem to be fairly significant stutters in this video during the in-sim footage? I’m hoping it’s just my computer lagging while playing the video!

James

James, you gave me an excuse to watch it another time. No visible stutters here on my iPad. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, tweekz said:

Bing in general does not have lot of photogrammetry outside the US I'm afraid. Not even cities like Vienna, Cologne or London.

Thank you for clarification! A little bit of disappointment if this really affects whole Europe. So Bing has to "invent the wheel twice..."

14 hours ago, suncoastflyer said:

Fixedwing.jpeg

Proof they are really simulating the final frontier of flight. This is the sim we have been waiting for.

When will the Virtual Cockpit be shown for this aircraft.  Better be learning level detail or NO BUY

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

13 hours ago, simtom said:

A maximum of 50 rendered aircraft seems low, no?

ya, seems low.  kord for example would have many more even at the gates.  I hope this can/will be expanded based on computer hardware capabilities.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Those low altitude shots are outstanding.  This is going to be a bush pilot's virtual wet dream.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ident said:

One thing to keep in mind when thinking about PilotEdge or Vatsim is that this is MP not the sim itself.  Meaning its an option and when FSX came out a user could join a MP session, Vatsim or not.

My question is can we get live traffic without having to join MP?

I don't see why not since you get live weather that isn't tied to mp

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

40 minutes ago, Brandon01110 said:

ya, seems low.  kord for example would have many more even at the gates.  I hope this can/will be expanded based on computer hardware capabilities.

Do you see more than fifty aircraft on ground or in the air,  from your seat in the cockpit, when at the gate, taxiing, taking off, on short final or landing ? Isn’t what matters  ?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 minutes ago, domkle said:

Do you see more than fifty aircraft on ground or in the air,  from your seat in the cockpit, when at the gate, taxiing, taking off, on short final or landing ? Isn’t what matters  ?

With my current AI levels in fsx, I do see more than 50 aircraft if I pan in spot plane view at the gate zoomed out, and when i'm landing and taking off. I also understand that the model detail of what they are offering is much higher so what would demand more from the graphics card.  I'm also planning of getting a 3080ti (if it ever gets released based on current situations).  My guess is that this card could display more that the limited 50 planes.  Just saying that I hope this option can be expanded and not a limitation. 

15 hours ago, simtom said:

Yeah I know, but for fly-ins or other group activities it doesn't seem like that many. Of course, it isn't the same as 50 players in a shooter but still. Maybe I'm expecting too much here, though with their whole Azure cloud technology you would expect to see more capabilities from it.

Unfortunately, that's just the reality of online gaming. Even the largest shooters are typically 80-100 players max on a server, and that's pushing it.

1 hour ago, Brandon01110 said:

They are talking about multiplayer aircraft, not AI.

The seamless world mode means you can join an area and there could be 50 other online players within 200KM displayed. That's how they are managing server loads. AI aircraft display is via graphics settings.

Edited by bonchie

1 hour ago, Mengy said:

Those low altitude shots are outstanding.  This is going to be a bush pilot's virtual wet dream. 

You can say that again! huey1177.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bonchie said:

They are talking about multiplayer aircraft, not AI.

Perfect!

"The goal was to bring all the pilots together, whether they are flying in the real world and real world traffic or whether they are flying virtually in the simulator."

That seems a little confusing to me... How is it possible to join real world pilots with virtual pilots inside the simulator?

What about ATC? Will we have an AI capable of providing us with this type of service while we are flying together with real world live traffic?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Trovis said:

"The goal was to bring all the pilots together, whether they are flying in the real world and real world traffic or whether they are flying virtually in the simulator."

That seems a little confusing to me... How is it possible to join real world pilots with virtual pilots inside the simulator?

What about ATC? Will we have an AI capable of providing us with this type of service while we are flying together with real world live traffic?

The AI aircraft are produced via ADSB and radar tracking data of real world pilots flying real world aircraft.

Those are displayed in multiplayer mode, to some extent at least depending on server load.

Edited by bonchie