Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

March 26th, 2020 – Development Update

There was a brief clip of lots of labelled AI landing and taxiing at a major airport (zoomed out shot). It was only a few seconds long but it seemed like there were a lot of coordinated landings and ground movements (it was time compression shot). 

at first I thought there must be some seriously improved AI arc to handle this, but then I thought maybe they don’t even require this because the AI aircraft are simply doing what the data is telling them, not necessarily having a sim atc “direct them”.

That plus the fact that there has been no mention of any atc so far makes me wonder if they have just ditched it entirely?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Thank you Asobo for providing the video during difficult times.

Love the new trees (shape and variable heights) and grass length.

Turning the filter to Off (group only) and then not creating a group should instantly get rid of all players and leave you with only live or AI traffic (should you choose that).

Forza Horizon 4 has a multiplayer system where you can see other cars but they become increasingly ghost like as they get nearer to you and if they try to collide, just pass straight through you. That could be one option for griefers. In fact I suspect any player collision will be disabled in the game. Lastly, since the game can select who to visualise and who not to (the 50 closest system), then surely you'd be able to specify which annoying player can be disappeared to your view.

3.26 - 3:30; Elevator of lower cub on the left. Is that a lighting glitch or the elevator oscillating?

World map, airfields with stars; Most likely the players favourited airfields?

4:11 - 4:21; Small island to the left. Looks like a single giant tree?

6:22; Nice daylight moon.

6:39; Bottom of screen. Looks like an open cut mine that has correct elevations. Cool.

7:00 - 7:04; Above mid-section of TBM.  Looks like 4 shadows of A380s on the ground but white instead of black (unless that's a separate formation flight at lower altitude).

19 minutes ago, Purr said:

That plus the fact that there has been no mention of any atc so far makes me wonder if they have just ditched it entirely?

The upcoming IFR video should have some info about ATC, because there is no such thing as IFR flight without ATC. 

• Like 6

Is that world map with realtime weather? Clouds were moving. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

7 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

Perhaps both orgs should start thinking of ways to integrate their live ATC services?

I would like this very much.  They could both integrate into the “Live” server.  Instead of both competing, they could work together to fill the World w/ ATC in one realistic server.  IVAO could focus on Europe, VATSIM on SA & Africa, POSCON on Asia/Oceania, PilotEdge on the USA/Canada.  Real life control providers work together and integrate into one global system.  No reason why the virtual providers cannot do the same.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, pracines said:

The upcoming IFR video should have some info about ATC, because there is no such thing as IFR flight without ATC. 

Hmmm yes that is a good point. It just seemed to me that reworking the default atc would be a major feature of the sim...certainly to handle that kind of traffic volume, but it seemed strange to not hear anything so far.

but I guess it would also be very complex so maybe it needs more dev time. I’m optimistic given everything I’ve seen so far though! It truly looks amazing!

• Upvote 1

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

6 hours ago, domkle said:

In the nitpicking dept , the OperatorLand468's shot is bizarre. A setting or rising sun in a black sky  with only some golden hues on the haze below ? Except for the clouds, it looks a little bit like an alien  world !

Tbh, I think that is the moon.  The glaring light from below may be a gigantic city lighting the clouds from below!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

At least some of the airplanes in the LAX timelapse were true AI vs. ADS-B targets. You can see one of the arrivals take the high-speed taxiway then stop, turn around, and take a different high-speed taxiway in the opposite direction.

Classic AI move.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, ual763 said:

Tbh, I think that is the moon.  The glaring light from below may be a gigantic city lighting the clouds from below!

He he, could be, I don’t think so, but it could be’. A small hyperactive moon though and a truly gigantic city. An alien world 😁 !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, frila said:

Thank you for clarification! A little bit of disappointment if this really affects whole Europe. So Bing has to "invent the wheel twice..."

There are some cities. But it's really not all that much. In Google we have european towns with 100 000 pop as photogrammetry. On the other hand you have to give them props to have hand modeled Hohensalzburg. 😉

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

3 hours ago, bonchie said:

The seamless world mode means you can join an area and there could be 50 other online players within 200KM displayed. That's how they are managing server loads. AI aircraft display is via graphics settings.

What about the liveries of these 50 aircraft? For instance will all the Airbusses of the same type have the same livery as we have seen in the preview?

4 hours ago, frila said:

A little bit of disappointment if this really affects whole Europe. 

There are shots of two cities in this update, Rome and Salzburg. Show me anything close today in our sims 😏 . 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, domkle said:

There are shots of two cities in this update, Rome and Salzburg. Show me anything close today in our sims 😏 . 

You are absolutely right! But if you look at the new FS2020 the screenshot of Rome has very correct buildings, also Berlin in an earlier screenshot compared to Salzburg.

13 minutes ago, frila said:

You are absolutely right! But if you look at the new FS2020 the screenshot of Rome has very correct buildings, also Berlin in an earlier screenshot compared to Salzburg.

Yeah... Berlin and Rome are photogrammetry cities. Thats why.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I want some Canadian shots, we haven't seen anything from Canada since that B-Roll footage from last year, and that was a very foggy approach into Toronto-Billy Bishop.

Also Hawaii.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1