Sign in to follow this  
dpergau

PMDG long hauler sale - 25% off (not an April Fools joke)

1 hour ago, rightseat said:

That is correct: you cannot say PHAN Male on here. 🙂

Ones got to ask, why not? Just genuinely curious

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

10 hours ago, threegreen said:

You didn't get banned for voicing your concerns, don't be ridiculous. The way you voiced your concerns was hostile from the beginning and after an admittedly somewhat heated reply from Robert you went on an insult spree like a 13 year-old getting killed in Call of Duty which immature doesn't even begin to describe. And now this is at least the second thread here on AVSIM where you continue to insult Robert and the team as soon as the letters PMDG pop up and I don't even want to know what your post would look like if there was no censoring. I'm actually surprised this post hasn't been deleted. And no, I'm not a PMDG word not allowed.

Edit: Apparently the word describing an underaged, male fan of something isn't allowed.

Gee that’s bad luck threegreen- the guy is a word not allowed. He can’t take criticism and bans all that dares challenge him after using profanity towards a customer first - in a most cowardly fashion I would point out.

He doesn’t own Avsim and I showed a moderator here exactly what he posted at the time and had a ban overturned when I went too far here on Avsim in response on that basis.

As long as I don’t breach the terms of Avsim’s forum you will have to suck up my opinion on him and his lousy company.

You cant handle the truth obviously.

I will continue to point out the false and misleading promises and statements made by this company to any potential new customers whenever I see fit, within the Avsim guidelines of course.

Buyer beware of these masters of milking their customers dry and it’s strong sycophantic base. They have a long history of promising updates to older products like the B777 that in my opinion they have no intention of updating despite the rhetoric and then get upset with people when they complain about it.

Anyone who buys the B777 these days has rocks in their heads in my opinion.  PMDG just don’t want that info out there because it’s a great cash flow earner for them.  They can make all the promises they like but bad luck to the consumer if it doesn’t eventuate.

As for the costs of updating your product from one platform to another that’s just another can of worms these guys played everyone for suckers for in the past and who knows into the future...

Edited by barramundilure
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

53 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Ones got to ask, why not? Just genuinely curious

Great question, but only a mod can tell you that. I don't understand many of their rules and ways.

11 hours ago, threegreen said:

You didn't get banned for voicing your concerns, don't be ridiculous. The way you voiced your concerns was hostile from the beginning and after an admittedly somewhat heated reply from Robert you went on an insult spree like a 13 year-old getting killed in Call of Duty which immature doesn't even begin to describe. And now this is at least the second thread here on AVSIM where you continue to insult Robert and the team as soon as the letters PMDG pop up and I don't even want to know what your post would look like if there was no censoring. I'm actually surprised this post hasn't been deleted. And no, I'm not a PMDG word not allowed.

Edit: Apparently the word describing an underaged, male fan of something isn't allowed.

thats  the  issues  users   can  go  to other  forums  and  abuse   any  Devs  they  like  and  get  away  with it

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What I have wondered most with PMDG is that for example the MD-11 they did not allow modders to touch the plane. I was lucky to get updated cockpit textures before they were "banned". Something similar was going on with J41 and these are the only planes I own. Found the disc versions from the sales. For the Boeings there is also the iFly... 

2 hours ago, pete_auau said:

thats  the  issues  users   can  go  to other  forums  and  abuse   any  Devs  they  like  and  get  away  with it

Before you judge perhaps you should know the circumstances. I was the one that was abused by the owner of PMDG before I retaliated.  

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

1 hour ago, barramundilure said:

Before you judge perhaps you should know the circumstances. I was the one that was abused by the owner of PMDG before I retaliated.  

Perhaps it's best if you take this subject elsewhere, it certainly does not belong in this forum. 

11 hours ago, barramundilure said:

You cant handle the truth obviously.

I don't agree with Robert's way of replying to your original post either, but I can see his frustration with your way and attitude of 'voicing concerns' in your post at their forums and the truth is it does not justify your behavior after his reply. So as someone who's witnessed what happened on their forums I'm pointing out how the story is being twisted, given the fact you're ranting about it yet again on another forum where most people don't know the context and the people being insulted (!) and accused aren't even around to defend themselves.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

For a long stretch PMDG was by far the most advanced developer in our community for airline addons.  I personally think they have lost their lead as we have seen some others model things that PMDG has either not wanted to or couldn't.  I choose to think this may have brought them back down to earth.  I think they make some great airplanes.  I enjoy flying them.  

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

11 hours ago, threegreen said:

I don't agree with Robert's way of replying to your original post either, but I can see his frustration with your way and attitude of 'voicing concerns' in your post at their forums and the truth is it does not justify your behavior after his reply. So as someone who's witnessed what happened on their forums I'm pointing out how the story is being twisted, given the fact you're ranting about it yet again on another forum where most people don't know the context and the people being insulted (!) and accused aren't even around to defend themselves.

It’s funny how RR is allowed swear and insult me and then ban me in his cowardly fashion however when I post my experience with the company you see this as unfair play for some reason. RR can come and defend himself within the Avsim terms any time....in fact I would welcome the opportunity to have a debate with him without the one sided protections he currently enjoys from his ivory castle.

If you want to throw your hard earned at them, fine - a fool and their money are easily parted however I think that the empty promises from the company and the character of guy running it are extremely relevant to anyone who has not yet purchased them.  For goodness sake, the only excuse we haven’t had from him is his dog ate the update....

My earlier comments didn’t even cover the ‘built from the ground up” NGXu that is very little more than rehash with some improvement in graphics.....another full bubble purchase.  Chaching.

In any case, I worked it out that I purchased B737 and expansion and B747 in FS9, B737 and expansion, J41 and B777 and expansion in Fsx and B737 and B777 in P3D to be treated like something Robert stepped in on the sidewalk,....never again though and I hope people that haven’t been stung by this company take this as a strong warning to look thoroughly before they leap - especially with all the empty promises they make especially on older products like the ones on “sale” and their ability to convince others to pay and pay again business model.  

There are a number of other equally as good products out there, especially in the shorter haul space that don’t have the same levels of autocratic management, misleading information so as to lure new purchasers and ability to fleece their customers at every opportunity.

Edited by barramundilure
  • Upvote 1

Regards

Barra

On 4/2/2020 at 12:12 AM, himmelhorse said:

Mgard78,

Point taken mate. I was unaware of anyone charging for both systems.  I cannot recall, on my limited range of Payware/freeware, of ever being asked what my OS was. I just pays me munny and download. Electricity here, notwithstanding, these programmes just install into my system, sometimes with some difficulties, but generally, I am only asked where I want to install it.

Regards

Tony 

Yeah, if you go to their site, and check products for purchase, if you go to the x-plane section the DC (only product they have), you’ll see they have “two products” for which is the same one for the same sim, just one is for Windows and the other for Mac... 🙄

19 hours ago, barramundilure said:

It’s funny how RR is allowed swear and insult me and then ban me in his cowardly fashion however when I post my experience with the company you see this as unfair play for some reason.

No matter the heated fashion of his reply, you can't seriously expect not to get banned after an insult spree like that. If you want to 'voice concerns' do it without accusing them of all kinds of shady business practices and don't react like you did just because you got a reply that wasn't nice either. The unfair part about your posts is how you can't seem to post your concerns without hostile accuses and personal insults. Keep it civil and people will listen.

And for the record - please quote the paragraph/sentence in which I said he is allowed to insult you. I literally said I don't agree with the fashion of this reply either.

If you want to throw your hard earned at them, fine - a fool and their money are easily parted

See - you just can't keep the personal side out of things.

My earlier comments didn’t even cover the ‘built from the ground up” NGXu that is very little more than rehash with some improvement in graphics.....another full bubble purchase.  Chaching.

I didn't want to weigh in on this initially because it's your opinion and I respect it - as long as it's kept civil. But I do wonder - what are your claims actually based upon? What proof you do have that the NGXu is nothing more than a rehash and not build up from the ground up but just slightly improved. But don't tell me it "feels like it" because that's purely subjective. Personally, the only plane I fly is the NGXu (and the NGX before that) so I have tons of hours in both and I see no reason not to believe them when they say it's new from the ground up. There's a long list of what's new compared to the NGX but you choose not to believe that - why?

As for the 777 - the reason they say why the update is delayed is that it didn't work out as planned and is giving them some trouble and this is basically everyday life in software development so I don't see why it has to be untrue. In the meantime they have other products to update as well and had a new release of a completely new one (2 if you count the 747-8) which obviously requires most of the resources to iron things out after releasing it to the masses. One of the most asked for features of the 777 update is the EFB. The person who was developing this actually passed away, so apart from the tragedy of the death of a friend itself it requires that somebody else who's working on something else needs to take over.

Now instead you choose to assume that what the NGXu is is actually a lie (again - based on what evidence?), as is the 777 update of which the entire purpose is to lie about so people keep buying the product thinking there will be an update which doesn't exist. How can you expect them not to get frustrated with this?

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

11 hours ago, tktheo93 said:

Off topic alert. Lol 😂

Yes, but if the off-topic subject consists of allegations and insults I'd rather not just shrug it off.