Sign in to follow this  
kand

P3D v5 is DX12

Will buy it immediately! Performance increase, new clouds, water, DirectX 12!

Great!

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, simbol said:

Cloud shadows are still present don't worry.

Simbol 

What about shadows on borders/angles of the picture? They gone like it is now?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

40 minutes ago, YoYo said:

What about shadows on borders/angles of the picture? They gone like it is now?

Could you be more specific? I will try to responde the best I can..

S.

P3D generates external shadows only to front and something like 100 degress from front, so if you move head you see the same part or area with shadows, a little move and no shadow in the same place. Result of this = disappearing shadows if you change angle of view. Its very visible on mountains area even with max shadow range.

something like on this vid: 

its very annoying ... 

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Could you be more specific? I will try to responde the best I can..

S.

I did one topic about this some time ago, here You have more 🙂 :

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

15 minutes ago, YoYo said:

I did one topic about this some time ago, here You have more 🙂 :

The clouds are all new with True Sky.. hard to compare with 4.5.. their were new bugs with this since early Beta and LM is still tweaking the new clouds as we speak. 

S.

5 minutes ago, simbol said:

The clouds are all new with True Sky.. hard to compare with 4.5.. their were new bugs with this since early Beta and LM is still tweaking the new clouds as we speak. 

S.

Thx but any words about this disappearing shadows 😉 ? Does this issue is present still? Do You know it, maybe ...?

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Just now, YoYo said:

Thx but any words about this disappearing shadows 😉 ? Does this issue is present still? Do You know it maybe ...?

I will check on the next beta build.

In the meantime a here is a Video showing V5, credit to Maurice from Aviation Lads:

Regards,

S.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Sometimes the clouds look great ... sometimes like a tragedy :biggrin: , luckily we will have REX for v5 I suppose ...

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

1000x better trailer.  I liked the rain shower passing over the airport in the beginning third of the video.  But, yeah..MSFS is a tough act to follow that is for sure!  I still will 100% buy P3Dv5.

BTW..did I see clouds moving in different directions at about the 1:10 mark?  Higher layer seems to be moving differently..cool!

Edited by Sticky
  • Upvote 1

After being disappointed watching the initial trailer, everything else I have seen so far makes me think trueSKY alone is worth upgrading to v5. I remember when I first watched demo videos of trueSKY. I was stunned. And I'm having the same reaction now when looking at the sky in v5. The fact this is actually default P3D makes this seem pretty surreal. I'm thinking I won't need PTA anymore for all things sky and atmosphere because that looks even better. The new water engine also looks really good and the overall world lighting seems to be more natural as well, which seems to play well together with the trueSKY atmosphere and PBR terrain. I didn't think I would ever be that excited about P3D again since MSFS showed up.

Edit: PBR world textures (terrain etc.) seems to be another new feature which seems to be missed by many. If Orbx implement PBR in their Global and Landclass products and regions I think we're going to have a stunning world in P3D, even though not on MSFS standards. This seems to be a load of work, though.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

That is a trailer!

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

23 hours ago, virtuali said:

I'd say video memory is the most important thing in V5, and 8 GB is the probably the absolute minimum. Below that, you'll really have to play with settings to memory usage under control, because the sim cannot even use all of it, the OS reserve some for its own use. With 8GB, you have about 6.9 GB free, and we managed to exhaust them by raising settings, and we didn't use many add-ons.

Don't want to spend too much for a 2080 Ti ? Do the smart thing, and get a USED 1080 Ti, which has 11GB. P3D V5 doesn't support RTX anway, so the 2080 Ti is a bit wasted. Or an used Titan, or maybe the AMD Radeon VII, which is the only consumer card I know that comes with 16GB.

I appreciate knowing what V5 requires, but this post dampens my enthusiasm.  My system is 4 years old now with a GTX 970 card (4GB), and apparently it won't be able to handle the new clouds this version offers.  That's really a shame, but I guess that's the price of progress.  I read you can use the older cloud model in V5 and I sense a lot of simmers will have no choice unless they upgrade their cards first. 

10 minutes ago, curt1 said:

I appreciate knowing what V5 requires, but this post dampens my enthusiasm.  My system is 4 years old now with a GTX 970 card (4GB), and apparently it won't be able to handle the new clouds this version offers.  That's really a shame, but I guess that's the price of progress.  I read you can use the older cloud model in V5 and I sense a lot of simmers will have no choice unless they upgrade their cards first. 

Software advancements necessitate hardware upgrades, which in turn drives software progress...the wheel forever turns but you only have to look back a few years to see what strides in realism have been achieved - I'd love to see LM drop some hints as to whats still in the v5 roadmap!

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

6 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Software advancements necessitate hardware upgrades, which in turn drives software progress...the wheel forever turns but you only have to look back a few years to see what strides in realism have been achieved

At least, Prepar3d5 seems to be usable if you have up-to-date hardware. Some previous simulators - including the original FSX - were barely usable even with a state of the art system at release.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11