Sign in to follow this  
kand

P3D v5 is DX12

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

The performance gains look very promising.

I really hope so ... Regarding FT YSSY the fps increase is about 37% which would be enough to push me into the 20s with PMDG's 747. Though, I recognized that FT numbers are without any AI.

- Harry J.

i7-7820X (@4.8 GHz), 32GB RAM (@3467) 2080Ti (3440x1440), SSD 500GB, (Win10x64),  SSDs 1+2 TB (P3Dv5.x + ORBX). FSGlobalNG (mesh), ORBX (Global+OLC, all FTX Regions, all TE products, many Airports), DDscenery (NY, CH, MIA), Airports (FT, FB, FSDT, AS); PMDG (737, 747, 777), MJC DQ400, RA Piston Duke, A2A C172. Weather ASP5. F1 GTN complete. AI Traffic: AIG OCI

37 minutes ago, joherszch said:

New video from Rob, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMgJ9W7CVf4 showing off Orbx NorCal, SoCal, KMRY.

The waves! What’s even more impressive is the resolution...everything cranked and yet still smooth in SoCal...sure His hardware is top of the line but it leaves me excited for next week!

• Upvote 2

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 5 3600, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 2070 Super, Samsung Odyssey +

Two comments after watching Rob's latest video.....

• The wake generated by the floats needs to stop when the plane is airborne
  • I miss the sloshing sound (audible in Flight Unlimited 2 and 3) as the plane bobs up and down on the water :smile:
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I hope with their continuing improvement of the water, they are able to introduce some natural 3D waves for shorelines instead of those 2D effect based ones they are using now. They don't look particularly nice.

8700K Delid @ 5GHz | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (2004) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

20 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:
  • I miss the sloshing sound (audible in Flight Unlimited 2 and 3) as the plane bobs up and down on the water :smile:

Accufeel is your friend

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sethos said:

I hope with their continuing improvement of the water, they are able to introduce some natural 3D waves for shorelines instead of those 2D effect based ones they are using now. They don't look particularly nice.

Yes I agree, when they used the Triton water it was a dumbed down version just using the basic features of the SDK with P3d still doing the render work. It looks like they have used this approach again with the nvidia water when compared with the capability Still I am pleased with the platforms progression. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, joherszch said:

New video from Rob, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMgJ9W7CVf4 showing off Orbx NorCal, SoCal, KMRY.

Thx for link. Just still I dont know why people did blocked FPS in XXI century and in modern computer on level 30. Its a nonsense :D. The differences between for example 30 and 60 (or more) are very visible and on 30 its not smooth picture.

btw. I dont see clouds shadows on ground/water ...

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 3

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900K, RTX 2080 Ti 11Gb, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5  [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX, FC] VR HP Reverb v2

6 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Thx for link. Just still I dont know why people did blocked FPS in XXI century and in modern computer on level 30. Its a nonsense :D. The differences between for example 30 and 60 (or more) are very visible and on 30 its not smooth picture.

I feel the same. 60fps is way smoother than 30. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Rob should be the one posting videos for LM. 😀

His is in a way. The amount of time and effort Rob puts in to instruct us all on the flight sims happenings is highly commendable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, joherszch said:

Very nice, but VideoRAM above 12 GHz ... too much for my 2080Ti

Edited by Nemo

- Harry J.

i7-7820X (@4.8 GHz), 32GB RAM (@3467) 2080Ti (3440x1440), SSD 500GB, (Win10x64),  SSDs 1+2 TB (P3Dv5.x + ORBX). FSGlobalNG (mesh), ORBX (Global+OLC, all FTX Regions, all TE products, many Airports), DDscenery (NY, CH, MIA), Airports (FT, FB, FSDT, AS); PMDG (737, 747, 777), MJC DQ400, RA Piston Duke, A2A C172. Weather ASP5. F1 GTN complete. AI Traffic: AIG OCI

Posted (edited)

Great video! Water spoils from floats. They look like crumbled polystyrene. And I did not see a shadow from the clouds.

Edited by BMW969

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

If you don't want VRAM usage to get to silly levels, stick with 1920x1080 resolution. Heck, I was running P3Dv4 on my old PC with 2GB VRAM.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

Very nice, but VideoRAM above 12 GHz ... too much for my 2080Ti

I'm assuming it's two things; Rob is running TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP above its default value, which will absolutely eat up VRAM, as it does in v4 as well. Games and software in general also has a tendency to allocate much larger chunks of RAM / VRAM when available, despite it not being strictly necessary. Rob is running a Titan RTX, so P3D has plenty of headroom to allocate a large chunk of VRAM. Wouldn't put anything into that number for your own hardware. 

8700K Delid @ 5GHz | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (2004) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU