Sign in to follow this  
kand

P3D v5 is DX12

4 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Only without new features. (inclined runways and PBR grass)

PBR has been around since P3D V4.4 and is a material setting to make light seem more natural ... many vendors have implemented PBR in aircraft and airport structures in V4.4+.  Sloped runways has been around for a while also but AI aircraft wouldn't work well with the sloped runway ... sloped runways are now officially part of the SDK with support for AI aircraft.

Yes many airports will work "as is" in V5, some might need a little tweaking here and there.  Some aircraft might need a little work (minimal), those that used DX11 directly.

Cheers, Rob.

• Like 2

I know Tues is right around the corner, but I ask if all 24000 airports have been updated to include new parking and such? The reason I’m asking is for years my home airport (KRME) has had no parking besides the single fuel box...frustrating because all the traffic programs don’t include traffic for it due to no parking.

2 hours ago, otreblA said:

That is a trailer!

I just wish these videos, would show much more low level water...so far, I see v4.5 water...hoping for someone to take off and land with an amphib!  Let's see some of that nVidia Water 2.0 magic!

Remember : Fs2000 , as real as it gets ..... 😁

• Upvote 1

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Sticky said:

I know Tues is right around the corner, but I ask if all 24000 airports have been updated to include new parking and such? The reason I’m asking is for years my home airport (KRME) has had no parking besides the single fuel box...frustrating because all the traffic programs don’t include traffic for it due to no parking.

I would like to know also! Really annoying flying into airports and the data does not match the Navigraph charts! 🤨

Would expect from a professional simulator to have at least this data correct!

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1

I might actually purchase this and give it a go. And I’m a dedicated XP guy since way back in fs9. 

I once tried p3d v4 buy it only lasted 2 weeks, was too stuttery. And looked bland. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, curt1 said:

My system is 4 years old now with a GTX 970 card (4GB),

Then by all means start upgrading components. That is what I do with my PC's. My CPU and motherboard are now 8 years old but I'm on my 3rd GPU during its lifespan. The GTX 970 is the only one I kind of regret buying because I didn't pay attention to the fact that it is basially a 3.5 + 0.5 GB card, rendering all ram abover 3.5 virtually usesless because the last 500 MB are abysmally slow.

Currently I have the GTX 1660Ti which was kind of a compromise, because I knew it was going to be the last upgrade before motherboard, cpu and ram get changed in the not so distant future.

Edited by Farlis

And where is it written about the cost of the upgrade?

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

12 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

And where is it written about the cost of the upgrade?

If you 'view source' on the LM store page and search for V5, there is a hidden section of Javascript that clearly shows it will be the same as before (for academic) -- $59.95.

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); Deepcool 240 AIO Cooler; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro (P3D V5 HF1); 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k;

Can I roll back to version 4.5 by reinstalling the Client?

4 hours ago, simbol said:

In the meantime a here is a Video showing V5

Thanks for posting that.

I'm sure gonna miss Active Sky Cloud Art.  Too bad it's not animated.

After watching that video I had to google "timelapse cloud videos" to see what the clouds should look like in time lapse.  I was amazed at how close ASCA was.  Except for the animation.

Didn't I read that there was an option to not use TrueSky?  What do you get if you go that route?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

25 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Can I roll back to version 4.5 by reinstalling the Client?

You can run v4.x and v5 side-by-side. 

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 with tons of Addons and 3rd Party Airports
Signature3.png

Auto exposure implemented?

The Truesky clouds look good, as they also did in FSW, but neither P3D or the latter have integrated live weather, so my question is: have they been tested at all with a compatible dynamic live weather engine or are we just looking at P3D v5 static weather themes? Only then will we be able to judge if realistic depictions are indeed possible.