Sign in to follow this  
kand

P3D v5 is DX12

Id like to know about VR.

Does VR mode present also like in P3Dv4.5 HT2? 

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Right boys, I need to get back to work.. I will come back later if you guys have any questions.. 

I leave a nice pic of V5 behind:

prepar3d_v5-lockheed-martin-16.jpg

Regards,

S.

No way this P3D v5....  This is P3D v5 with ActiveSky + Ultra Weather + Super Clouds X + VoluSky 3D + .......    😂

Seriously, these shots look amazing ! Well done LM !

Edited by pao
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

too much, too soon....

On 4/6/2020 at 10:31 PM, tolip2 said:

OMG, 6 pages about this "confirmed information" and all the "facts" that comes with it. And the source is nothing more than a vague changelog entry from a 3rd party company.

If LM had a new major release that was close to release and they wanted us to know about it, they would tell us. If they had something under development that they wouldn't want to tell us yet, the NDA would make all 3rd party developers keep quiet.

Now when X-plane has gone Vulkan, Aerofly has gone Vulkan, and MSFS2020 is getting closer to a release, I'm pretty sure that if LM had something big coming up, they would have let us know by now to make sure we don't leave them. I haven't even seen anything that even tells us that it's still being developed at all. To be able to compete with the others they would have to present something really huge and right now.

Personally I don't see it happening, although I know many people are financially and emotionally invested in P3D and will defend it till the end.

🤐

• Like 2

Suffice to say MSFS2020 now has some serious competition! Good thing too as it gives us an important viable alternative while encouraging both software development teams not to rest on their laurels. Future is looking good as our hobby enters this new era of flight simulation excellence.

Mike

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Info from Dino:

V5 officially announced: release planned for next week!

I know, the trailer is a little underwhelming, especially if you compare it to the glorious images of Flight Simulator 2020... but you have to consider that this is the "vanilla" platform (no addons) and the sim.

I am sorry I could not discuss it earlier, but it was under a severe Non-Disclosure Agreement.

From what I could see on the Beta testing, here is what I like and what I do not like:

- True Sky looks pretty good
- In general the lighting engine is improved
- In general, the image quality is better
- Lighter sea and water rendering 

DON'T LIKE
- at least in the Beta, the new cloud system does not cast shadows on the terrain
- on my system, if you max out all the sliders, runs a tad slower than P3Dv4 (...but you get a better image)
- the new single engine GA aicraft by LM does look pretty bad

In the past weeks I have been testing it with my planes, and they are by and large compatible - with possible minor malfunctions in the fuel system.
Specifically, the special Fuel Dump gauge by Doug Dawson did not seem to work on the Beta. This is used:
- by the Eurofighter for external tanks and in-flight refuel management
- by the F-35 for external tanks and in-flight refuel management
- by the A-4 and TA-4 for detailed fuel system simulation
I will release a compatibility statement once I get my hands on the final release.

Speaking of my planes, the sim will include a simplified model of my F-35B and -C models (much like a simplified F-35A was included previously). The F-35B will have full STOVL capabilities.
HOWEVER - PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A FILE NAMING CONFLICT BETWEEN THE PAYWARE F-35s AND THE NEW F-35 - so that there will be compatibility issues. I will work to fix this in future.

92412728_3337652809581490_14969363118633

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Here is an early Beta testing video ... many things have improved/fixed since I did this video:

Rob, that is seriously impressive.  That scenery doesn't look anything like what I'm currently flying over in stock P3Dv4.5.  Is that custom scenery or is it P3Dv5 stock?

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

4 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Here is an early Beta testing video ... many things have improved/fixed since I did this video:

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: this was done on my Dev PC not my NASA PC ... dev PC is 7900X at 4.5Ghz with older Titan X (pascal)

Rob,

You are about to go viral. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, Cruachan said:

Suffice to say MSFS2020 now has some serious competition! Good thing too as it gives us an important viable alternative while encouraging both software development teams not to rest on their laurels. Future is looking good as our hobby enters this new era of flight simulation excellence.

Mike

I think P3D has many years left in it. It doesn't appear Vatsim/Ivao will be part of MS2020 as they plan their own servers which, if the past is any indication, is not realistic with human ATC and filled with morons doing everything wrong you can imagine. If so, I know a few thousand due hards that fly online will stay with P3D, me included.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

Judging by Watching the video by Rob there won’t be the need for shader mods? Tomatoshade PTA  etc etc ??

mike

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I think P3D has many years left in it. It doesn't appear Vatsim/Ivao will be part of MS2020 as they plan their own servers which, if the past is any indication, is not realistic with human ATC and filled with morons doing everything wrong you can imagine. If so, I know a few thousand due hards that fly online will stay with P3D, me included.

So what exactly is preventing the vatsim clients from creating a custom multiplayer session as shown in the FS trailer and continue to work as they have until now?

How do you know this and state it like it's a fact?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Makinen11 said:

So what exactly is preventing the vatsim clients from creating a custom multiplayer session as shown in the FS trailer and continue to work as they have until now?

How do you know this and state it like it's a fact?

He didn't say he knows this and he didn't state it like fact.  That's why he said "I think".  But I'm also a die hard vatsim airline flying kind of guy.  I'll be curious to how MS figures out how to allow that world to continue without the 10 year old flying their new "game" on their xbox at the same time.  So many questions.  The fact that my P3D ecosystem is relatively mature and will largely remain so with V5 is at the very least interesting and compelling to me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Ok, I have answer about VR Mode -  support not worse than in P3Dv4.5. applause.png

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6315&t=136746&p=211928#p211918

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

A quick test here at FSDT KORD V2, to show some of the performance gain you can expect with V5, thanks to DX12:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23309.0.html

I tried my best to do an "apples vs apples" comparison, using the same settings, same airplane, same gate, same screen res, etc. TrueSky was enabled, you can disable it if you like the old clouds more, for a bit extra fps ( not much ). 

What is interesting, was my GPU occupation:

P3D V4 was at 60%, with about 5.0GB out of 12GB used

P3D V5 was a 5%, with about 6.0GB used.

So, other than the frame rate, it seems P3D V5 has more HEADROOM to accept more detailed scenery, textures, etc. Provided you have enough VRAM available.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, virtuali said:

A quick test here at FSDT KORD V2, to show some of the performance gain you can expect with V5, thanks to DX12:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23309.0.html

I tried my best to do an "apples vs apple" comparison, using the same settings, same airplane, same gate, same screen res, etc. TrueSky was enabled, you can disable it if you like the old clouds more, for a bit extra fps ( not much ). 

What is interesting, was my GPU occupation:

P3D V4 was at 60%, with about 5.0GB out of 12GB used

P3D V5 was a 5%, with about 6.0GB used.

So, other than the frame rate, it seems P3D V5 has more HEADROOM to accept more detailed scenery, textures, etc. Provided you have enough VRAM available.

This seems impressive! What's going on meanwhile with the CPU? I'm also a little surprised that VRAM usage actually goes up. Is this an expected trade-off with a lower GPU usage? Or is it a result of TrueSky?

Also: WOW that difference in sky. Seeing it side-by-side like this, it's really astounding...

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case