Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
kand

P3D v5 is DX12

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, pmb said:

I have Austria Pro and for a VFR flyer like me it looks pretty good.Given I fly (nearly) in summer only I don't need Winter textures urgently. Most photo sceneries (like ORBX TE) don't provide them either. Unfortunately I can't comment on Realworldscenery (and I doubt there will be very few owning both to compare).

Perhaps this fits better to the Vienna thread, though.

Kind regards, Michael

Michael I just happened to have purchased Austria Pro HD last night from Aerosoft for my P3Dv4.5- I'm reading about some autogen problems people are having- is this an addon that doesn't play well with ORBX?


Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, bjratchf said:

Michael I just happened to have purchased Austria Pro HD last night from Aerosoft for my P3Dv4.5- I'm reading about some autogen problems people are having- is this an addon that doesn't play well with ORBX?

I bought and installed Austria Pro 2,5 yrs ago and never completely reinstalled Prepar3d since, so I don't recall any details. I use Autogen Configuration Merger (ACM) for taking care of different Autogen sets. This one manages my France VFR sceneries and possibly Austria Pro (and probably others as well) together with ORBX sceneries. I am not sure if ACM was installed with Austria Pro or if I already had it installed before, but if required it will certainly install it.

At least I can tell you Austria Pro and ORBX work together on my system. For detail (e.g. compatibility with LOWI or German South) you may check the ORBX Compatibility forum, I recall there were a few tricks to make them play all together nicely.

Kind regards, Michael


MSFS, P3D Professional 5, AeroflyFS2, XP11; Beta tester of SimStarter, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 /  XTOP/Saitek hardware panel / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Our P3D NDAs are lifted..😉

Feel free to ask..

We have been testing lots of stuff, you guys will have lot of fun! The clouds and water look amazing.

I will update AI lights reborn professional in the upcoming weeks so it is ready for V5, but I will wait until the first AI models from AIGM @Kaiii3 are ported before making the update available for general public in order to ensure everything is working as expected.

The upgrade for AI lights reborn professional edition to work with V5 will be free to all current and future customers and the application will work simultaneously with V4 and V5.

Regarding my freeware, it will be deprecated now as all new effects formats and colors requires lots of work and due to certain limitations the freeware would be unable to work as expected.

Regards,

Simbol 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, simbol said:

Our P3D NDAs are lifted..😉

Feel free to ask..

We have been testing lots of stuff, you guys will have lot of fun! The clouds and water look amazing.

I will update AI lights reborn professional in the upcoming weeks so it is ready for V5, but I will wait until the first AI models from AIGM @Kaiii3 are ported before making the update available for general public in order to ensure everything is working as expected.

The upgrade for AI lights reborn professional edition to work with V5 will be free to all current and future customers and the application will work simultaneously with V4 and V5.

Regarding my freeware, it will be deprecated now as all new effects formats and colors requires lots of work and due to certain limitations the freeware would be unable to work as expected.

Regards,

Simbol 

Will it also work with FLAi?  Can you tell us anything if this whole DX12 will yield significant performance gains?  Do you expect most developers (Aircraft/Orbx and their multiple addons/airports/activesky) etc to have to put out updates?


9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 | 1080Ti 11GB | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM1000x |  240MM AIO.| MFG Crosswind | T16000M Stick | Saitek Throttle Quad | Skalarki MCDU and FCU | Saitek Radio Panel

Share this post


Link to post

I noticed impoved AI now supporting sloped runways but any improvments to ATC at all? SID/STARS?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, micstatic said:

Will it also work with FLAi?  Can you tell us anything if this whole DX12 will yield significant performance gains?  Do you expect most developers (Aircraft/Orbx and their multiple addons/airports/activesky) etc to have to put out updates?

Yes FLAI will also work.

LM has been working with all developers in order to ensure backwards compatibility, however inevitably there is always something that requires updating. From my side I have to adjust all lighting effects so they work correctly with PBR and non PBR textures.

I decided I don't wish to charge my customer for my work to update my content, however please understand I cannot comment on other companies pricing policies.

S.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, simbol said:

Yes FLAI will also work.

LM has been working with all developers in order to ensure backwards compatibility, however inevitably there is always something that requires updating. From my side I have to adjust all lighting effects so they work correctly with PBR and non PBR textures.

I decided I don't wish to charge my customer for my work to update my content, however please understand I cannot comment on other companies pricing policies.

S.

yes totally understand.  I appreciate your work and the things you do for this community.  I also appreciate a developer being on the forum right now and willing to discuss what they can.  Thank you for that. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 | 1080Ti 11GB | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM1000x |  240MM AIO.| MFG Crosswind | T16000M Stick | Saitek Throttle Quad | Skalarki MCDU and FCU | Saitek Radio Panel

Share this post


Link to post

To be fair, I was expecting a lot more new features from P3D v5 than what seems to have been added to the new V5. The competition is upping it's game, it seem to me LM haven't done enough.

At this moment in time I'm feeling like i'll pass on this and it saddens me to say that. Hopefully once the many £1,000s of addons what people own like ORBX, A2A, Active Sky etc are implemented that these will dramatically improve how it looks, and how it feels to fly. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Main PC: AMD Ryzen 3800X, GIGABYTE X570 Auros Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, SAMSUNG QVO (1TB) SSD, 2 * 1 TB M.2 2280 Nvme SSD, Toshiba (4TB) HDD, WD (2TB) HDD, PALIT GTX 1070* 8 GB vRAM, CORSAIR H100i GTX Water cooler, SAITEK X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, SAITEK YOKE, 2 * SAITEK throttles, SAITEK PEDALS

*new GPU planned (30xx or Big Navi) when I can get one but I may have to wait a short time (ie the more vRam the better or whatever I can afford) to see what's best for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I feel the same. I enjoy P3d v4 very much right now and with the addons I have purchsed over the years its pretty darn realistic so no real reason to upgrade until MSFS2020 given the new rather pale features in v5.

Edited by mikced76
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I for one did not see it coming so suddenly, out of the blue, so quickly...

A couple of people are reacting with disappointment, but I think you should keep in mind but every version had incrementla imrpovements. v4 wa s alittle weird in that point updated included some pretty major stuff, and so it probably make sit seem like v5 is not a step up. but honestly, isn't the rework to Dx12 a really major thing?? I get it, it's more of  a back-end thing, but so was 64 bit. I have no idea whether Dx12 will enable the sorts of improvements that 64 bit gave us, but I certainly hope so. I cna only imagine that the improved skies are a direct result of the co-option of Dx12.

It's also great to hear that sloped runway will be a default thing now, and I'm looking forward to see how exactly this cna be implemented, both by other develoeprs,a s well as myself 😉 Frankly, I found it major frustrating as a scenery developer that sloped runway haven't worked by default so far. since it really changes some aspects of the scenery. Of course, I wonder how this will affect the creation of ground polies (the runways etc that you're driving over), which so far have always been completely flat - now they won't be of course.

I look forward to this, and I see myself buying it. However, I do NOT look forward to configuring the sim, as my current P3Dv4 setup works very well... Of course, because everything is via addon.xml, I hope I can literally just apply my current scenery library to v5!


Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Benjamin J said:

Of course, because everything is via addon.xml, I hope I can literally just apply my current scenery library to v5!

That would be something.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm back!  😉

If I stopped buying products because they didn't include a feature or two I desired or fixed XYZ, I wouldn't be flying the virtual worlds in any current flight simulator including MSFS.  Moving to the DX12 graphic engine is looking to the future and not staying in the past ... as most know, LM provide 2+ years of free updates that improves the base product.  LM has always been about giving content providers opportunities and retaining as much compatibility as possible without compromising the product's progress.  If anyone is interested:

uc?id=1PFfLT3AHXWERWAG24I1JvgH_yj1I1VGi

Cheers, Rob.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I'm back!  😉

If I stopped buying products because they didn't include a feature or two I desired or fixed XYZ, I wouldn't be flying the virtual worlds in any current flight simulator including MSFS.  Moving to the DX12 graphic engine is looking to the future and not staying in the past ... as most know, LM provide 2+ years of free updates that improves the base product.  LM has always been about giving content providers opportunities and retaining as much compatibility as possible without compromising the product's progress.  If anyone is interested:

Cheers, Rob.

Planning any comparison videos showing performance between V4 and 5?

  • Upvote 1

-Alex 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

 

A couple of people are reacting with disappointment, but I think you should keep in mind but every version had incrementla imrpovements

Things have moved on though with the competition making an Generational leap in many respects especially MSFS and Xplane 11 less so, which meant to compete LM needed to make a large leap in the sims capabilities themselves.

Edited by eaim

Main PC: AMD Ryzen 3800X, GIGABYTE X570 Auros Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, SAMSUNG QVO (1TB) SSD, 2 * 1 TB M.2 2280 Nvme SSD, Toshiba (4TB) HDD, WD (2TB) HDD, PALIT GTX 1070* 8 GB vRAM, CORSAIR H100i GTX Water cooler, SAITEK X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, SAITEK YOKE, 2 * SAITEK throttles, SAITEK PEDALS

*new GPU planned (30xx or Big Navi) when I can get one but I may have to wait a short time (ie the more vRam the better or whatever I can afford) to see what's best for me.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Of course, because everything is via addon.xml, I hope I can literally just apply my current scenery library to v5!

 

14 minutes ago, DJJose said:

That would be something.

That is exactly how tested lot of stuff! 🤐

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    31%
    $7,775.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...