Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Performance gains v4 vs v5

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

3.  check that your min FPS is above your monitor refresh rate

Again, this applies to any game/sim.  Gsync technology doesn’t help with consistency of timeframes.

Cheers, Rob 

Thanks, ok. I will cut the FPS along the bottom edge with RivaTuner

Edited by BMW969

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

I use FFTF, limit my FPS in game to 40, limit in NVIDIA drivers at 30 and use NVIDIA "Low Latency Mode" Ultra. Super smooth. And will still be smooth tomorrow(v5)  but maybe at 60 fps :). I'm with Rob here. Don't chase FPS ceiling or you get too many long frames

Edited by vincentrouleau
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

I have a 4k UHD Samsung TV thats capable of 4k@60hz. So when using P3D, XP11, or whatever sim, is it okay to have my nvidia display settings at 4k resolution (native) at 60Hz? I have vsync checked on in my sims and I usually get around 15-50 fps depending on the area or add-ons that I'm using. Would it be better to set my video settings for my TV at 4k@30Hz instead of 60Hz in this regards?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

@ tolip2 

Are you able to communicate in a normal way or is attacking others the only way?

In this case Rob. He know his stuff, is a LM beta tester, was a moderator here at Avsim and has helped more people solving their flightsim issues than you ever will.

If you have frustrations ventilate it elsewhere.

This is a hobby man !

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

5 hours ago, Litmoose said:

Quite some improvement if the below is anything to go by

What a massive improvement 😲

I don't have the Aerosoft A330, does anyone know how it compares to the NGXu or FSL in P3D V4.5?

I would actually like to see the same video, but with FSL320.

• Like 1

I agree.  FSLabs and 4k is what I want to see.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I own that plane scenary as well . Flew out today in 747 but also with the 320 330 in past  . I have never seen fps like that there . If correct I am gobsmacked.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

I use G-Sync and haven’t had any stuttering with anything including xplane 11. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Wow...cool!  Can't wait...:)

Even though there's zero significant addon aircraft he can use. 

Let's see how the fsl/pmdg/aerosoft fairs into Heathrow or lax. It I can land the 744 into lgw without the 5 second pause on landing or the Heathrow stutter fest then  I'll be happy 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

10 hours ago, Litmoose said:

Quite some improvement if the below is anything to go by

The best v5 videos yet! I did notice 2 things no AI and graphic settings not maxed out. I am one that has tons of AI and I use v4.5 with graphic options on max. After seeing this video though has me leaning to buy v5 soon though.

11 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

check that your min FPS is above your monitor refresh rate

Is the gaming hardware industry not aware of that?  A lot of 144Hz monitors are advertised now, and you can`t find any gaming Laptop with less than 144Hz displays. 

No matter if FS or any game with decent settings, getting consistently at least 72Hz is probably rare. 

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

17 hours ago, GSalden said:

@ tolip2 

Are you able to communicate in a normal way or is attacking others the only way?

In this case Rob. He know his stuff, is a LM beta tester, was a moderator here at Avsim and has helped more people solving their flightsim issues than you ever will.

If you have frustrations ventilate it elsewhere.

This is a hobby man !

Sorry, but It's hard not to sound offensive when you're humiliated and laughed at every time you point out something that you think is invalid.

You bring up exactly those things that me and others have been so frustrated about here on Avsim, especially for the last days with the V5 debacle. The attitude where you can't question anything just because it was written by a well known Avsim profile. There is always this "he knows his stuff", and that marks the end of any discussion. No matter if he's right or wrong. I pointed out some technical issues but if I understand you correctly this must not be done as the person writing it is a former moderator? Sorry, I fail to see any logic there at all.

Now let me ask you this. Did you notice that he didn't respond to the actual issue? Did you notice that he on purpose made it sound like I said that no other games have stutter issues? Did you notice that he, once again, brought up MSFS even though it wasn't even mentioned once in my post?

Yes, stutters have been an issue for years in many games and still is. There have also been many solutions and innovations by the game developers and driver developers for the past years. In P3D time has stood still though, and we still have "vsync on" or "vsync off" as our only in-game option. Rob make it sound like there are no other alternatives out there for any game ("this applies to any game/sim") and I simply don't think this is right. Why can't we have a technical friendly discussion about this?

I appreciate anyone trying to help others but I really don't think that this "it can't be done" attitude is helping anyone. Very often, "it can't be done in P3D" is not the same thing as "it can't be done in any game/sim". The real problem though is that as soon as someone points out any technical errors, there is always a bunch of people who shows up with the "he knows his stuff and you don't" attitude, completely avoiding the technical parts. And the old myths just lives forever. As I said, the real problem is that those issues never gets fixed because everyone actually think it can't be fixed.

Here is something you can ask your experts just as an example. Please make them explain why adaptive vsync doesn't work in P3D. Then maybe we can start talking about the Window mode on a technical level instead of just mocking people who brings it up.

A related bonus question that the experts always fail to answer is why the FPS is cut in half when using an external FPS limiter and you move a window to a secondary screen. Many people have asked this during the years and the highly invalid expert answer is always along the lines of "you're doing it wrong" or "check your eye candy sliders" etc. Some people have tried to explain why it behaves like this on a technical level but it always ends with the same old "he knows his stuff and you don't, shut up and go away". I've been into DirectX coding starting with V9 around 2003 so I like to think I know a thing or two, although I'm not an expert compared to many others.

Edited by tolip2
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, tolip2 said:

Sorry, but It's hard not to sound offensive when you're humiliated and laughed at every time you point out something that you think is invalid.

You bring up exactly those things that me and others have been so frustrated about here on Avsim, especially for the last days with the V5 debacle. The attitude where you can't question anything just because it was written by a well known Avsim profile. There is always this "he knows his stuff", and that marks the end of any discussion. No matter if he's right or wrong. I pointed out some technical issues but if I understand you correctly this must not be done as the person writing it is a former moderator? Sorry, I fail to see any logic there at all.

Now let me ask you this. Did you notice that he didn't respond to the actual issue? Did you notice that he on purpose made it sound like I said that no other games have stutter issues? Did you notice that he, once again, brought up MSFS even though it wasn't even mentioned once in my post?

Yes, stutters have been an issue for years in many games and still is. There have also been many solutions and innovations by the game developers and driver developers for the past years. In P3D time has stood still though, and we still have "vsync on" or "vsync off" as our only in-game option. Rob make it sound like there are no other alternatives out there for any game ("this applies to any game/sim") and I simply don't think this is right. Why can't we have a technical friendly discussion about this?

I appreciate anyone trying to help others but I really don't think that this "it can't be done" attitude is helping anyone. Very often, "it can't be done in P3D" is not the same thing as "it can't be done in any game/sim". The real problem though is that as soon as someone points out any technical errors, there is always a bunch of people who shows up with the "he knows his stuff and you don't" attitude, completely avoiding the technical parts. And the old myths just lives forever. As I said, the real problem is that those issues never gets fixed because everyone actually think it can't be fixed.

Here is something you can ask your experts just as an example. Please make them explain why adaptive vsync doesn't work in P3D. Then maybe we can start talking about the Window mode on a technical level instead of just mocking people who brings it up.

A related bonus question that the experts always fail to answer is why the FPS is cut in half when using an external FPS limiter and you move a window to a secondary screen. Many people have asked this during the years and the highly invalid expert answer is always along the lines of "you're doing it wrong" or "check your eye candy sliders" etc. Some people have tried to explain why it behaves like this on a technical level but it always ends with the same old "he knows his stuff and you don't, shut up and go away". I've been into DirectX coding starting with V9 around 2003 so I like to think I know a thing or two, although I'm not an expert compared to many others.

Let it go... 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0