Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Prepar3D v5 Released

7 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

I saw that in the videos! It's much worse in your screen shot!. I am concerned about that!

Yep it looks very, very poor.....

On beta clouds only?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

11 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Is it still pinned? I lost the Notepad I had made a copy of your Settings.

Frankly, just start with default for now :smile:

Bert

4 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

In short, LM probably chose not to allocate additional bandwidth/edge computing to their cloud service platforms; from a finical perspective, it makes sense not to allocate additional resources to deal with a temporary demand

That's the entire point of cloud, you allocate temporary compute and storage to meet transient demand peaks, paying only for what you need, when you need it.

• Upvote 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

So. I’m an x-plane 11 user, so bear with me. 

My initial reaction after downloading and installing v5 (I haven’t used P3D since v2):-

1.) whats with all the settings? It’s crazy! Any guidance with all of these tick boxes and sliders?! My spec is below...

2.) Loaded EGLL with one of the default GA aircraft, with a G100. Tried fair weather and a storm. I can get high FPS, but, it’s a stutterfest! (I’m now spoiled with vulkan on XP-11, it’s like butter). 

Not looking to compare the two sims at all, just curious to get V5 working as good as it can! 

My spec is 35 inch curved monitor with G-sync, i9900Ks @5GhZ. RTX2080ti. 32gb ram. 

• Like 1

luke@polaris:/home/install/FS2K/P3D> wget http://cloud.prepar3d.com/5.0.21.34709_kUyJKekQ3jnXFNw9/Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.21.34709.zip
--2020-04-14 15:20:01--  http://cloud.prepar3d.com/5.0.21.34709_kUyJKekQ3jnXFNw9/Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.21.34709.zip
Resolving cloud.prepar3d.com (cloud.prepar3d.com)... 72.21.81.253
Connecting to cloud.prepar3d.com (cloud.prepar3d.com)|72.21.81.253|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 24419087089 (23G) [application/zip]
Saving to: ‘Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.21.34709.zip’

Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.21.3 100%[=================================================>]  22.74G  1.76MB/s    in 3h 0m

2020-04-14 18:20:04 (2.16 MB/s) - ‘Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.21.34709.zip’ saved [24419087089/24419087089]

luke@polaris:/home/install/FS2K/P3D>

Finally! 😄

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

29 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Что за ореол вокруг самолета, неясно

1wukgk.jpg

And how the artist chose the shades of lighting is also unclear

1oaj6q.jpg

This shows that the clouds are rendered in lower resolution than the rest of the graphics, hence the jaggy lines. Many games do this to improve performance with effects.

Edit: Looking closer, it's kind of obvious the clouds are low res. 

Edited by Kaan KASIM

2 minutes ago, Kaan KASIM said:

This shows that the clouds are rendered in lower resolution than the rest of the graphics. Many games do this to improve performance with effects.

Its a tragedy ;( I was in IL-2 before.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

23 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Auto exposure works !! It's nice.

But kilometer-high antennas remained the same.

1arkh5.jpg

Search for hazards.bgl in your P3D folder and turn it to .bak or something. It's an easy fix, which makes it all the more disturbing that LM couldn't be bothered to fix it after all these years.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Luke said:

That's the entire point of cloud, you allocate temporary compute and storage to meet transient demand peaks, paying only for what you need, when you need it.

Exactly Luke!  However, it's finite; so, if you have higher grossing applications/services,you're not going to allocate from it to give to a less profitable platform.  Also, to my knowledge, LM has their own cloud service solution; so, it's not about buying temporary services.  I can't speak to whether P3D resides on it, but they do have their own service, which makes sense given the sensitivity of their primary business...

Edited by kingm56

Matt King

3 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Search for hazards.bgl in your P3D folder and turn it to .bak or something. It's an easy fix, which makes it all the more disturbing that LM couldn't be bothered to fix it after all these years.

How did LM miss this.  They have been working on this release for 2 years.  How many times we have reported the really long towers.  Sigh

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Just now, kingm56 said:

Exactly Luke!  However, it's finite; so, you if you have higher grossing applications/services,you're not going to allocate from them to give to a less profitable platform.  Also, to my knowledge, LM has their own cloud service solution.  I can't speak to whether P3D resides on it, but they do have their own platform.  They have to, given the sensitivity of their business...

The P3D public site is hosted with a third-party provider (not one of the big public clouds). Either way, launch day traffic is something that anyone but a rank amateur should expect and provide for. The actual downloads are fine... public site less so.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

2 minutes ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

Any updates to the default airports?

yes lots of new buildings and textures...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So. I’m an x-plane 11 user, so bear with me. 

My initial reaction after downloading and installing v5 (I haven’t used P3D since v2):-

1.) whats with all the settings? It’s crazy! Any guidance with all of these tick boxes and sliders?! My spec is below...

2.) Loaded EGLL with one of the default GA aircraft, with a G100. Tried fair weather and a storm. I can get high FPS, but, it’s a stutterfest! (I’m now spoiled with vulkan on XP-11, it’s like butter). 

Not looking to compare the two sims at all, just curious to get V5 working as good as it can! 

My spec is 35 inch curved monitor with G-sync, i9900Ks @5GhZ. RTX2080ti. 32gb ram. 

For starter, getting the orbx stuff will massively enhance your textures, I consider it if a must. However, is not free (the moment when I miss having otho4xp for P3D 🙈

For the config, is mainly try and error. There are many blogs, threads.. Etc. What I did, I looked at the videos in YouTube for P3D, many of these YouTubers attach their configs in the description, I used that as entry point and from there I did try and error until I was satisfied. 

Generally, as someone came from X Plane, be prepared to spend some $$ in some addons to make it look better than out of the box. Sometimes I think LM should have changed its name to 'P4C' as C for cash 🙈

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super