Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Prepar3D v5 Released

40 minutes ago, Sticky said:

yes lots of new buildings and textures...

SHOW US!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 minute ago, fakeflyer737 said:

SHOW US!

really not worth it...just noticed that my home airport had new building placements and parking spaces.  the new buildings had new generic textures too.  New runway textures are nice as well.  Somebody went airport to airport updating the scenery.

Can be from the firewall blocking the server call. Had it happen with other versions.

Edited by Adrian123

Oh wow, one of the airports they updated is a CFB Greenwood (CYZX), a Canadian Air Base in in Nova Scotia. In P3DV4 it had no buildings, and no parking spots except the fuel pump. I never expected this to be ever be touched up in the base game. I mean I'll be replacing it immediately as soon as MAIW is updated to V5, but still it's nice to see.

CXi8V29.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

What about Johannesburg? Is it finally designated as FAOR? And are VTBS, OTHH and ZBAD there? Just curious...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Once I can get a shader to fix the colors/saturation as well as some replacement water textures I'll be one happy camper. The performance increase is well worth the price in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

1 minute ago, Benjamin J said:

Is it finally designated as FAOR? And are VTBS, OTHH and ZBAD there?.

Yes, Yes, Yes, No.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Some comments now I'm flying:

1. Reports of poor graphics. Be aware that P3D shaders may not work well on the first run. Don't be too hasty to jump to conclusions.

2. Interface is new and shiny - feels quite different, though you'll be able to find your way around. Default slider settings are pretty low, so you'll want to move some to the right.

3. Started with the Carenado AC12 Commander (GA) at Sion. 50cm per pixel orthoscenery and autogen added, along with the Pilot's mesh. Running at 100 frames per second, nice! (2080TI)

4. Loaded my control profile from v4 for the Warthog HOTAS, no problems except brakes seemed to need to be toggled on and off in settings to get them to release the first time.

5. Shadows in flight with DX12 look nicer to my eyes than in v4.5, then again I could never get truly smooth flight with much in the way of shadows in 4.5

6. How does the ortho look - well, beautiful. The default landclass arounf Sion looks too "arcade" - colors too bold. The ortho of the Alps looks just right. Looks as good in this sim as i've seen it, certainly prettier to my eyes than my Ortho4XP in XP11 for the same region.

7. VR time. Where has the Oculus option gone?? Running in Steam VR - it's OK. Seems more jerky - just slightly - than i'm used to. Didn't notice any warping or cokcpit size issues, reported elsewhere. Note: crashed it by accident by closing steam VR. On a reboot, the oculus option has magically appeared!! OK, not sure whats up with that but happy to see it back. 🙂

8 VR #2: Trying the F-16 with the Oculus VR software option. Looks nice, but too much juddering on head movement, Need to troubleshoot this - Steam VR was much better.

That's it for now. Haven't tried Truesky yet, but seriously impressed by my first few flights in our new sim.

Have fun up there!

Rob

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 6

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Just curious - what is ortho scenery? That’s a new term for me.

Rich

43 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Oh wow, one of the airports they updated is a CFB Greenwood (CYZX), a Canadian Air Base in in Nova Scotia. In P3DV4 it had no buildings, and no parking spots except the fuel pump. I never expected this to be ever be touched up in the base game. I mean I'll be replacing it immediately as soon as MAIW is updated to V5, but still it's nice to see.

CXi8V29.png

Why does it look like a desert?

YZP1yjF.jpgPerformance is absolutely sick with v5, but I'm not quite sure if LM dialed down autogen quite a bit. Here's a shot out of Boston, pretty much all settings maxed, just for testing purposes, I'm more of a commercial IFR smoothness kind of guy 🙂

Oh boy, I need to re-learn how to link to google drive, for some reason my link won't be accepted by the forum.

Cheers,

Pete

Edited by Peter Z KCLE_EDDN
added picture

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

33 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I wonder if there will also be a performance increase on older quad-core i7s like 4790k?

I'm running a 6600k with a 980ti and the increase in performance is huge.

• Like 1

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"