Sign in to follow this  
airforce806

P3D version 5 Hot Fix now available.

13 minutes ago, 331BK said:

🙂 

Watson I conclude: AMD still sucks for P3D 

Well then you'd be wrong, because P3D V5 runs just fine with my AMD GPU.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 minutes ago, Chock said:

Well then you'd be wrong, because P3D V5 runs just fine with my AMD GPU.

Are you able to switch views and everything? I cannot even switch planes within the sim.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

18 minutes ago, 331BK said:

🙂 

Watson I conclude: AMD still sucks for P3D 

Sorry to pop your bubble, but my Ryzen 7 3700X puts my old 8700K at 5.2Ghz to shame. I don't miss the overpriced Intels at all.

Now if you're talking AMD vs NVIDIA i can't help there, i don't own AMD ever since the Radeon 4970 which was awesome back in the day.

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Just now, Nuno Pinto said:

Sorry to pop your bubble, but my Ryzen 7 3700X puts my old 8700K at 5.2Ghz to shame. I don't miss the overpriced Intels at all.

Oh no i don`t talk about CPU i talk about GPU.  I switched from a 2080TI to a Radeon VII and i have to say besided the VRAM i have a lot of trouble which i never had with NVIDIA

• Like 1

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Please be careful with your testing all Rex products , PMDG , Aerosoft and all traffic programs are not yet compatible with P3D V5 . If using any please remove or disable , recheck. I have traffic global , not officially supported .It causes various CTD on last release took me a week to discover this , yet to test but want to make sure everything is fine with my install until trying hacks or non supported products . Then I know where the fault is . AIG does not yet work !!

This build looks very promising . Clean install highly recommended and I mean clean install , remove those generated files ,shaders etc.

• Upvote 1

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

4 minutes ago, 331BK said:

Are you able to switch views and everything? I cannot even switch planes within the sim.

Yup, in fact you can see me doing exactly that on several recent videos made with V5 on my youtube channel, including the one where I did a review of V5 which includes showing the exact specs of the computer I did the review on. Visually, there is only one minor glitch with V5 for me, and that is on the aircraft load screen where the preview image of the aeroplane you select can get a bit pixelated on occasion, but that's only on that loading screen, not in the sim, so it is no big deal.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Just now, Chock said:

Yup, in fact you can see me doing exactly that on several recent videos made with V5 on my youtube channel, including the one where I did a review of V5 which includes showing the exact specs of the computer I did the review on. Visually, there is only one minor glitch with V5 for me, and that is on the aircraft load screen where the preview image of the aeroplane you select can get a bit pixelated on occasion, but that's only on that loading screen, not in the sim, so it is no big deal.

Intersting may i ask on which driver your are?

sfo_a320.png

1 minute ago, 331BK said:

Intersting may i ask on which driver your are?

Radeon Software Version 20.2.2 Released 28/02/2020. There is an update available (Radeon Software Version 20.4.2 Released 23/04/2020), but since at the moment it ain't broke, so I ain't gonna fix it. If I get problems, I'll switch, but right now it is running okay.

Alan Bradbury

hmm i use the 20.4.2 maybee i should try to revert.

sfo_a320.png

12 minutes ago, 331BK said:

Oh no i don`t talk about CPU i talk about GPU.  I switched from a 2080TI to a Radeon VII and i have to say besided the VRAM i have a lot of trouble which i never had with NVIDIA

I run this with Ryzen 3600x (stock) and Radeon vii (slightly undervolted) at 4k. Sliders slap bang to the right, and she runs like a dream on driver 20.4.2. Never had any ctd's or slow downs. Maybe your windows? I'm on win10 version 19041.208.

9 minutes ago, Vlooi said:

I run this with Ryzen 3600x (stock) and Radeon vii (slightly undervolted) at 4k. Sliders slap bang to the right, and she runs like a dream on driver 20.4.2. Never had any ctd's or slow downs. Maybe your windows? I'm on win10 version 19041.208.

I´m on 18363 (1909 Version)

Reinstalled the 2.2 driver now , even with factory settings i cannot swich to outside view. 

hmm ok

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

6 minutes ago, pracines said:

If you answer "no" to my question about sliders underlined above, then you can be specifically blamed for not testing full sliders, because you did not do a good enough/complete job. 

LOL you must be kidding right?

Ok blame me.. guys it is my fault.. you can contact my lawyers at support@fsreborn.com 🙂

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, pracines said:

If you answer "no" to my question about sliders underlined above, then you can be specifically blamed for not testing full sliders, because you did not do a good enough/complete job. If LM told testers to not test full sliders (doubtful), then either all beta testers should leave or LM should not lie about new features available which cannot be utilized without a CTD. But if you answer "yes" then you DID have CTD's, and LM ignored you or you did not report them.

This is way out of line and should not be tolerated on avsim.

Thank you Simbol for all that you do in our community and your tireless efforts to help people, even those that don’t want to listen.

It would be great if this thread could focus on discussing the hotfix in a productive manner.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 20
  • Upvote 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Simbol= 

🙂 🙂 🙂 sorry for that

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

Simbol, I made some test now with a fresh .cfg and I found the problem. 

It's the shadows. I use the following settings: all slider one below full. DTS off, 2048x2048, enhanced atmospheric off. Now for different shadow settings I get different fps:

Shadow Quality and distance: Ultra

All cast and receive chacks on except for Vegetation cast, Buildings cast and Particles cast.

This gives me 40 fps. A target frame rate of 30 will give me stable 30 fps.

Now, after switching on cast for Vegetation, Buildings and Particles fps drop to 16. That's a lot slower. In V4.5 the same settings does stable 30 fps. Switching on DTS, 4096x4096 and enhanced atmospheric drops fps from 16 to 15.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5