Sign in to follow this  
airforce806

P3D version 5 Hot Fix now available.

37 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I will need to be certain that I can run Prepar3D v5 with exactly the same settings that I use in v4 before I decide to upgrade. Lowering the Level of Detail Radius/Scenery Complexity/Autogen Density/Autogen Draw Distance settings is not an option that I am prepar3d to accept.

Chris...I run v5 harder than my v4.5 and have better FPS in v5.  If that helps...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shylock_35 said:

Simbol did FSPXAI get their issues figured out with their lighting? You’re undercharging for your addon. One of the best addons for FS

See my forums for an statement of default landing lights and other issues with V5.. short version it is a work in progress and LM told me they will continue working on it. FSElite also wrote about it quoting me form my Facebook page post.

Thanks for your kind and positive feedback regarding AI Lights Reborn Professional.. funny you say that lots of people want me to basically give it away for free lol..

S.

3 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Raul - we have gone through this with every new version of MSFS through FSX and now with P3D. In FSX the "normal" settnmg was equivalent to "high" in Fs9 etc. Somehow many users just do not grasp that concept. Usually they are members of the "I have all my sliders to the right" club. 🙂

Exactly hehe..

S.

Uninstalled and did a complete re-install with HF1, all went well.  Using the RealAir Legacy, I did a test flight departing LatinVFR's KEYW and flew along the keys toward Miami, intending to fly to LatinVFR's KFLL after passing LatinVFR's KMIA...intentionally this was a gradual VRAM torture test.  Performance at KEYW and over the keys was amazing, generally stayed in the 60FPS range with most sliders one step below all the way right.  VRAM around 3.7-4.0.  As I approached the Miami area, VRAM gradually grew and FPS gradually declined.  When I flew past Downtown Miami I was around 6.2/6.7GB VRAM and around 35FPS.  Then, I had a pause (which I assume was KFLL loading) and I got the error message pointing to me being out of VRAM and it crashed.

So guess the moral of the story is that while the efforts to reduce VRAM usage can help mitigate the crashing issue, we'll still need to use diligence.  It's not a miracle cure nor does it seem to be able to react to large spikes in VRAM usage when it's already near the maximum in this case.

This was in 1440p using 16GB RAM, i7 7700k, GTX1070 using both MAIW and AIG-OCI traffic.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 minute ago, regis9 said:

It's not a miracle cure nor does it seem to be able to react to large spikes in VRAM usage when it's already near the maximum in this case.

Well it is just a hotfix after all.

I expect further adjustments towards more aggressive texture streaming in future hotfixes or the first point release.

31 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

I think you are in the wrong thread. But thanks for stopping by.

No mate, I know exactly what thread I'm in. 

• Like 1

Eric 

After installing the Hot Fix, I have found that the only way I can finish a flight without VRAM crashing is to not change views or open menus, even if I have more than 1GB free of VRAM.  There still seems to be some work needed here. 

Now, in the interest of simulation accuracy, It is not realistic to pop out of the cockpit and externally view your bus while circling 360s... Nor is its accurate to open a menu and change the conditions of the flight environment. But since these options are provided, my expectation is that using them should not crash your simulation.

LM needs to fix this... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Uninstalled and did a complete re-install with HF1, all went well.  Using the RealAir Legacy, I did a test flight departing LatinVFR's KEYW and flew along the keys toward Miami, intending to fly to LatinVFR's KFLL after passing LatinVFR's KMIA...intentionally this was a gradual VRAM torture test.  Performance at KEYW and over the keys was amazing, generally stayed in the 60FPS range with most sliders one step below all the way right.  VRAM around 3.7-4.0.  As I approached the Miami area, VRAM gradually grew and FPS gradually declined.  When I flew past Downtown Miami I was around 6.2/6.7GB VRAM and around 35FPS.  Then, I had a pause (which I assume was KFLL loading) and I got the error message pointing to me being out of VRAM and it crashed.

So guess the moral of the story is that while the efforts to reduce VRAM usage can help mitigate the crashing issue, we'll still need to use diligence.  It's not a miracle cure nor does it seem to be able to react to large spikes in VRAM usage when it's already near the maximum in this case.

This was in 1440p using 16GB RAM, i7 7700k, GTX1070 using both MAIW and AIG-OCI traffic.

exactly, I have two scenarios for stress test:

1. EGLL with simwings + TE GB South + ORBX Global + Open LC = FPS locked at 30 VRAM max 8GB

2. LatinVFR KMIA and KFLL + ORBX Global + Open LC = FPS 26 (locked at 30) VRAM max 9.2GB and CTD

Same settings as below screenshots.

I think some developers may start to think about texture savings in order to avoid these spikes in VRAM which now the new limit. performance is great but this is a new boundary brought by DX12.

LatinVFR sceneries are top of the notch, I loved them all, but I think we reach a point in which they should give us an option to pick"lite" textures in order to avoid CTD while appoaching KMIA , or KFLL or LEMD (which is also another VRAM eater). 

settingsnew1.JPG

settingsnew2.JPG

settingsnew3.JPG

Edited by ttbq1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

Which plane are you flying on?😄

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Just now, BMW969 said:

Which plane are you flying on?😄

This pic before HF

2020-4-29_18-23-34-954.jpg

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

I do not see trees in some wooded places TE GB

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

15 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Well it is just a hotfix after all.

I expect further adjustments towards more aggressive texture streaming in future hotfixes or the first point release.

What exactly is the "Texture Streaming"?

Thanks

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

One thing to try is to run with a lower texture resolution.  I've found that it reduces VRAM usage by quite a bit and if you're running a 4K monitor you probably won't notice the change.

I9-9900, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3090 FTW

6 minutes ago, Ed_S_Pilot said:

What exactly is the "Texture Streaming"?

Thanks

A technique that you have to use to conserve VRAM. Textures get dynamically reduced in resolution and size to avoid VRAM overload. It can now be switched on and off in the menu.

It reduces performance but conserves VRAM. But in some cases still not enough or not fast enough.

7 hours ago, Farlis said:

So basically the sim is still usesless. Because without real weather it is not really a sim.

It was always like that....with every version... and never accurate anyway....that's why you have ASP, so not sure what is a problem there....? ASP coming with ASP (5)

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic