Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

PMDG and P3D V5 compatibility update (03 May) by RR

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

Now who was it who said the 744 would be released first to get some sales going.... Ahhh yes it was me 😏

Hence, the time limited sale of the NGXu with the MS2020 discount. Why the hell make it limited time ?. I was done with them along time ago !!


System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Rog Stryx Z790-A,  Intel i9-14900KF,  Asus ROG Ryujin III 360 , Asus Hyperion Case,Rog Stryx 4090 OC, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD,64Gb G Skill Memory, Asus Aura 1200W Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG C4 48" 4K OLED Screen., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder how many (thousand) people are praying that the Jetstream 41 is released for P3D? It seemed to be so close to release, and that was September 2017!!

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Share this post


Link to post

I am so over just purchasing everything PMDG release.  Missed the 747-8 and NGXu.  If and when it comes to MSFS20 I will buy the 737 then. Meanwhile I ported the NGX to v5 with no issues.  I always love how RSR’s post go on at length about how hard they work at PMDG. If he is to be believed they have all been working 16 hours a day, 7 days a week since 2001. 

Edited by MarkW
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Mark   CYYZ      

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Meanwhile I ported the NGX to v5 with no issues

Do the pop-up displays (PFD, ND etc) work in v5?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

Do the pop-up displays (PFD, ND etc) work in v5?

Thanks.

I didn’t try pop up. Just used the vc. The pop up FMS works. 


Mark   CYYZ      

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, MarkW said:

I didn’t try pop up. Just used the vc. The pop up FMS works. 

That sounds promising! Could you do me a massive favour? Next time you fly it,

could you just try the PFD and ND to see if they work and let me know. I would be extremely

grateful as I could then upgrade to v5. Thanks again. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post

Too bad they didnt metion whether or not the 744 us getting an EFB yet 


Ron Hamilton

 

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

That sounds promising! Could you do me a massive favour? Next time you fly it,

could you just try the PFD and ND to see if they work and let me know. I would be extremely

grateful as I could then upgrade to v5. Thanks again. 🙂

OK, I just loaded up the NGX at FSDT CYVR (with ORBX Pacific NW).  Looking all around the VC and in spot view I got VRAM up to 4.1 out of 9.

I also clicked on all screens and they all pop up/out with exception of the PFD, it will not move.  ND, and both engine displays pop out.  FMC pops up as well.

Note that I installed the NGX using the method of changing the registry as outlined here.  You will need to fully uninstall any current install of the NGX first for this to work.

https://pirep.co/install-pmdg-products-to-prepar3d-v5/

 

  • Like 1

Mark   CYYZ      

 

Share this post


Link to post

double post

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, rampa said:

And... what about the DC-6?

It seems like it’s likely a dead product at this point unfortunately.  I feel like RSR loves it, as he loves most classic aircraft, but from a business perspective it didn’t pan out.  Same with the MD11.  Probably the same reason we’ll never see a PMDG 767 (hopefully I get to eat those words some day).

54 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

If it’s who I am thinking he got kicked last Dec

👍  A good step toward a friendlier, less condescending forum.

  • Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, MarkW said:

OK, I just loaded up the NGX at FSDT CYVR (with ORBX Pacific NW).  Looking all around the VC and in spot view I got VRAM up to 4.1 out of 9.

I also clicked on all screens and they all pop up/out with exception of the PFD, it will not move.  ND, and both engine displays pop out.  FMC pops up as well.

Note that I installed the NGX using the method of changing the registry as outlined here.  You will need to fully uninstall any current install of the NGX first for this to work.

https://pirep.co/install-pmdg-products-to-prepar3d-v5/

 

Thanks so much for that!! Was the PFD the captains side? If so that is normal - it is only the F.O side that will pop up without

changing a setting in the FMC pages. What effect did the NGX have on FPS and smoothness, is it better than 4.5?

Thanks again for testing it so quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

Thanks so much for that!! Was the PFD the captains side? If so that is normal - it is only the F.O side that will pop up without

changing a setting in the FMC pages. What effect did the NGX have on FPS and smoothness, is it better than 4.5?

Thanks again for testing it so quickly.

Very difficult for me to judge, I have not really flown this aircraft very much recently.  It seemed about the same in terms of smoothness, etc. but without Activesky I am not sure its a good comparison.

Also, yes Captains side.

Edited by MarkW

Mark   CYYZ      

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, MarkW said:

Very difficult for me to judge, I have not really flown this aircraft very much recently.  It seemed about the same in terms of smoothness, etc. but without Activesky I am not sure its a good comparison.

Also, yes Captains side.

OK, thanks again for that. I'll probably just bite the bullet and upgrade to v5 now. Can't be any worse! 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, regis9 said:

It seems like it’s likely a dead product at this point unfortunately.  I feel like RSR loves it, as he loves most classic aircraft, but from a business perspective it didn’t pan out.  Same with the MD11.  Probably the same reason we’ll never see a PMDG 767 (hopefully I get to eat those words some day).

👍  A good step toward a friendlier, less condescending forum.

here what Randazzo wrote about future updates for P3d5:

Getting Our Products Rebuilt:
We are in the process of preparing new version builds of our NGXu product line, the 747, 777 and DC-6 respectively- each updated to be compatible with P5D. These builds are going to take a litle time to roll out to you and your patience is appreciated. The first to roll out will be the 747- and we are hoping to have that to you within days. The others will follow swiftly thereafter.


Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

Share this post


Link to post

I'm getting impatient with PMDG as well. They absolutely destroyed the NGXu's autobrake code months ago and now we're at least another month away from getting a fix (he said weeks, which for PMDG is a month, let's be real). 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...