Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

FSPS : FFTF DYNAMIC P3Dv5 Released

9 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

That just means it will be a performance hog out of the box, without add-ons.

So what proof have you got for your claim, people in the Tech Alpha aren't claiming that the sim has FPS issues, unless you know better? 

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, FlavioSSA said:

Thank you!! 👍

Most welcome.  I'll certainly start fiddling with it,...but for myself, it was first run, and out-of-the-box, good times.  I did do one A/B test though...at my custom KORD, with some of the highest simobject counts on the planet...I ran it first without v5 in play. As stated between 11-13 FPS, at one particular gate.  Then while I was still up and running, ran v5.  Wham bam, 21-23 with the AGL tab highlighted. I then ended the program and P3D v5 (KORD) was back to 11-13.  Then, I taxied away from the gate. 11-17.  Then added the program once more...and the same path from the gate 21-32.   SOLD!  Bought v4...lol.

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, eaim said:

So what proof have you got for your claim, people in the Tech Alpha aren't claiming that the sim has FPS issues, unless you know better? 

Unless he is an alpha tester, none.
And we aren't allowed to say either which way anyhow.

Can we not turn yet another thread into bashing one sim in preference for another though, please

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

I'm I right in thinking that FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33 is default for P3D v5, as it was previously?

Is anyone running a FFTF greater than this to avoid blurries?

Yes.

I do not use (but tried in initial testing) a higher FFTF to prevent blurries, as raising the value has an equal and opposite (detrimental) effect on FPS.

Placing your settings sliders appropriately for your hardware remains the best method to avoid blurries.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 5/13/2020 at 4:58 AM, Achilles Philippopoulos said:

Oups. Sorry. I missed that.

Actually I found that there is no limit to FFTF (I suppose the range is 0 to 256). I did some tests with value over 1 and I recorded some small increase at texture loading. Of cource the frames dropped a lot compared to value up to 1.

Probably at the near future, we will be able to use values over 1. So, I just implemented 🙂

The original Fiber Frame Time Fraction in FSX was explained by the developers as a "fraction of time, dedicated to texture loading".. default 0.33 ie a third.

Maybe this has all changed in P3D.. but the notion of a fraction being greater than 1 somehow does not sound right.. just because you can set the value higher still does not make sense.. :unsure:

Edit: Then again, if it is a fraction of Rendering time, it could actually be bigger, if you are willing to allocate more time to texture loading than rendering.. Possibly.. :cool:

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Bert

2 hours ago, Noel said:

I can't tell from all of the posts here whether or not FFTF Dynamic will work for how I'm set up if someone can advise.   I use UNLIMITED/Vsync to 30Hz refresh, in v4.5.   Is there a way to benefit from FFTF D and still use these basic settings?  FWIW, like most of us learn to do I set sliders according to where I'm flying and in what and often don't need to stop and readjust.

If you are using Unlimited fps in the sim, and you suffer from blurry textures, I would start be adding an FFTF line to your P3D config.  I use:

[MAIN]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15

others use 0.20

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

12 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

The original Fiber Frame Time Fraction in FSX was explained by the developers as a "fraction of time, dedicated to texture loading".. default 0.33 ie a third.

Maybe this has all changed in P3D.. but the notion of a fraction being greater than 1 somehow does not sound right.. just because you can set the value higher still does not make sense.. :unsure:

The valid ranges using prepar3d.cfg are 0.1 to 1.0 with the default at 0.33. Any other entries into the cfg file outside of those ranges will default to the nearest range.  If you use a program like FFTF it injects the value directly so I expect those ranges would not apply but I'm pretty sure that 1 = 100%

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

6 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

The valid ranges using prepar3d.cfg are 0.1 to 1.0 with the default at 0.33. Any other entries into the cfg file outside of those ranges will default to the nearest range.  If you use a program like FFTF it injects the value directly so I expect those ranges would not apply but I'm pretty sure that 1 = 100%

Vic

Nope, 1/100=0.01 is the lowest, which is equal to running unlimited FPS

Edited by ttbq1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

1 minute ago, ttbq1 said:

Nope, 1/100=0.01 is the lowest, which is equal to running unlimited FPS

Nope 0.1 is the lowest that p3d will USE in the fftf= setting in the cfg file. Out of range settings default to nearest.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

9 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you are using Unlimited fps in the sim, and you suffer from blurry textures, I would start be adding an FFTF line to your P3D config.  I used to set 0.20, but with V5 HF1.. I have stopped using it.

I don't have blurries in v4.5.  What I have is, if I've misjudged what settings I should be in when I start a particular flight, is I might need to pause and re-adjust the more CPU dependent sliders if I arrive in a terminal that is too much for the settings chosen at flight setup so that I can maintain >=30fps.  Would FFTF Dynamic solve this for me?  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

19 minutes ago, Noel said:

I don't have blurries in v4.5.  What I have is, if I've misjudged what settings I should be in when I start a particular flight, is I might need to pause and re-adjust the more CPU dependent sliders if I arrive in a terminal that is too much for the settings chosen at flight setup so that I can maintain >=30fps.  Would FFTF Dynamic solve this for me?  

It would be interesting to hear if it works... but I doubt it..

If you are flying with Unlimited fps in the sim, your FFTF setting internally should be at 0.10 which is also the lowest that FFTF can set it.. so not sure how FFTF Dynamic can improve upon that.. But maybe others can jump in :happy:

Edit: Could it be that FFTF Dynamic can actually go below 0.1.... ?

You can set it lower.. try it.. and report back :smile:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

13 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Nope 0.1 is the lowest that p3d will USE in the fftf= setting in the cfg file. Out of range settings default to nearest.

Vic

But FFTF in FFTF dynamic can be set as low as 0.01.

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

9 minutes ago, Noel said:

Might be one or two terminals that are too much for any system, but generally speaking, YES. I´m getting 28-32fps in terminals that i usually had 13-15fps. And the magic of this little app is that it adjust FFTF for you on the fly. You don´t have to stop your simulation to adjust nothing (Related to this issue of course)

• Like 1

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Just now, ttbq1 said:

But FFTF in FFTF dynamic can be set as low as 0.01.

Yes that is correct!  🙂  That's what I said earlier

Vic

• Like 1

Hi all,

I have made a step by step configuration before 2 years. Same applies also for P3DV5

https://www.fspsstore.com/blog/news/fftf-dynamic-p3dv4

One good idea would be individual settings for an area and outside this area the general settings. But I have to think about which will be the best way to implement it. Via cords and radius around it or via icao? Maybe this option gives even more flexibility?

Regards,

Achilles

Achilles

Flight Simulator Plaform Solutions

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

I anyway wonder what does take them always that long, for almost every addon...

My guess is the developer holds off hoping to sell more copies from their store. That's understandable but I already have so many accounts I don't want to have to open another one. One advantage of buying directly from developer is you get updates quicker. Tired of waiting on Simmarket so that's what I may do. Don't get the discount since I bought V4 thru  Simmarket but would only two or three dollars anyway. 

• Like 1

Vic green