Sign in to follow this  
KERNEL32

Just want to say THANK YOU Asobo!

Another thread gone off the rails, people can't just let others be happy, they have to chime in & rationalize why waiting for the release of the game is quintessential before displaying any sort of hurrah moment. If that's how you want to be until the game releases, fine do your thing, jus don't be a party pooper for the ones who choose not to think like you.

• Like 10

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

11 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

I was just reflecting on the latest June 4th update on the official FS website, looking at all those great screenshots, reading about the latest development, and thinking to myself "what an awesome dev group we have today with Asobo, how are we so lucky?" Not just for how well that the team is putting the simulator together, but for how they are so open, sharing so much, and just for being... them!

Several younger generation don't seem to get it and some take this sharing for granted. I started "simming" back in the sub Logic days, and for every iteration of FS development I could ever remember, there was little to NO information about the pending releases...

How exciting and fun this has been to follow along in the development of the new Flight Simulator by Microsoft!

Kudos Asobo and Microsoft, and THANK YOU!

Long time FS user and Fan

Nice try but you`re not getting an alpha, you know that, do you? 😁

cheers

Carlos

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

I want to add my thanks to Asobo and MS as well for revitalizing the FS franchise and providing us with both what looks to be a great product and plenty of meaningful updates (discovery series!) along the way.  We've never had as complete a product in the base game as what we will get for MSFS2020.

I too remember playing the early flight sim on my Commodore 64 and then PC and the evolution is amazing. I loved showing my daughter those comparison clips posted by MS a couple weeks ago to show what things were like in the past.  Funny for how simple it was, it still evoked a sense of amazement.

I'm very excited to see the final product and intend to build a new system in the fall once the new hardware is released from NVIDIA and AMD (need to find out if Ryzen 4000 makes more sense than Intel 10900)

Chris

3 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

Well, they must feel a bit silly seeing people so grateful before the game is even released and the customers have had a chance to form their honest opinion.

As for being grateful of the content that's been shared: That's standard game marketing these days and marketing side is probably not Asobo's responsibility at all. That falls down to the publisher's role.

silly seeing people grateful ?

Perhaps it's just a regular game or even a flight sim for you. But for many of us it's our hobby, so yes, thanks whatever the reason is, for a true successor of FSX.

Edited by marty2756

being thankful makes you feel good.  and its free so...  some of us feel good and others may or may not want to or even know how.

Being thankful is a gift.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

15 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

Kudos Asobo and Microsoft, and THANK YOU!

Nice one OP! and I agree with all you say. It's great to see what is going on in the development process and getting to see so many screenshots of it all coming together. I think Asobo are a talented, nice and very open bunch and I will be supporting them come release.

Ignore the Avsim miserable crew, that try to suck the life out of anything positive, they just can't help themselves 🤣

• Like 1

I unapologetically extend my my gratitude toward the team at Asobo for their work on this product to date and going forward into the future. I am thankful to the people at Microsoft who gave the green light to resurrect the series. I am genuinely impressed by the innovative approach that is being used to represent our planet and so thankful that the technology is being debuted to the masses in a flight simulator. I hope that the product is wildly successful, exceeding all sales expectations. I applaud the decision to extend this product to the Xbox platform. I hope that hordes of curious gamer "kids" out there give it a try and it inspires a whole new generation of people to discover the wonder and joy of flight. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Chris

1270267677198749699https://twitter.com/lillhoo/status/1270267677198749699

Edited by canadiantree
  • Like 3

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

41 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

I unapologetically extend my my gratitude toward the team at Asobo for their work on this product to date and going forward into the future. I am thankful to the people at Microsoft who gave the green light to resurrect the series. I am genuinely impressed by the innovative approach that is being used to represent our planet and so thankful that the technology is being debuted to the masses in a flight simulator. I hope that the product is wildly successful, exceeding all sales expectations. I applaud the decision to extend this product to the Xbox platform. I hope that hordes of curious gamer "kids" out there give it a try and it inspires a whole new generation of people to discover the wonder and joy of flight. 

Well  done for this uplifting ode to a game developing company. 

Maybe you will get an alpha invite, I'm sure the Asobo team are watching who is gratified for what their marketing & advertising team has given us.

In thw meanwhile, let's all sing Kumbaya together..

(The urban dictionary defines "sing Kumbaya" as. >To engage in a show of unity and harmony with one's opponents or enemies; frequently used in a disparaging or sarcastic sense)

However, REALLY great marketing from Asobo.. I unapologetically extend my appreciation to Asobo & their marketing/advertising team for taking a chance on a new sim & keeping the market aware of what is going on.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

47 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

Nice! Everybody appreciates a bit of praise for their hard work now and then.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

10 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Well  done for this uplifting ode to a game developing company. 

Well, thank you, sir. Bless your heart.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris

10 hours ago, Wobbie said:

So sweet thanking a game developing company to giving some us us an unfinished alpha release (so far) & releasing teasers.

Seriously? I wonder if this is unique to Avsimmers that they thank game developers for forthcoming games? I wonder if the train guys thanked Dovetail for their train simulators. 

Again, Seriously????? 

That reminds me...

I'd like to take this moment to personally thank both Asobo and Microsoft for revitalizing the Flight Sim franchise with the new MFS2020, and for being so open about it's development while sharing so much media as well.  It truly looks to be a generational leap forward for the flight sim genre, and that is something we've needed for a very long time now.

Although I have not been invited to the alpha, I am looking forward to buying MFS2020 the day it comes out.  Can't wait!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Mengy said:

I'd like to take this moment to personally thank both Asobo and Microsoft for revitalizing the Flight Sim franchise with the new MFS2020, and for being so open about it's development while sharing so much media as well.  It truly looks to be a generational leap forward for the flight sim genre, and that is something we've needed for a very long time now.

Exactly my feelings.

I don't know how good MSFS eventually will be and I am prepared for some disappointment (pun intended 🙂). But in any case it will be (and already is) a breath of fresh air to the flight simming market and it finally brings the much-needed serious competition to what has been almost a standstill with two products inching forward for more than a decade now.

Thank you Asobo and Microsoft!

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, chass32 said:

Nice try but you`re not getting an alpha, you know that, do you? 😁

cheers

Carlos

Haha Carlos now that is funny! 😀 I would need to be smarter than this though, because Microsoft could never find me as my forum info doesn't match my Microsoft info and on top of that my old rig is below min specs! 😞

• Like 1