Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

17 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Same. Too bad that supply and prices are out of whack due to corona. I guess I'll resort to a quick Xbox Game Pass subscription to see if it can even run on my current system and hold me out for a few more months...

I think that's a good plan. I am 95% certain I need a new desktop anyway for it to be playable. But even if I buy a new one, given how cheap the introductory month is for Game Pass, my plan is to get a subscription, see how it runs and whether I should get a premium version, and reassess.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dirk98 said:

Any benefit of preordering you could think of?

Thanks.

Downloading it before the gates of hell are opened on the 08/18. 😂

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 4

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

3 minutes ago, kaha said:

I don't see any float plane.

Karl

The icon does float

• Like 4

Lukas Dalton

4 minutes ago, jon b said:

How many people Here enjoy flying default aircraft ? I’m sure some do but if I were going to buy this then I’d get the standard product then buy my own good quality add on aircraft as I’ve never come across a decent default aircraft before.

This view is based on the assumption, that the only difference between the versions is the included airports and Aircraft.

But what if that is not the case ? , and an addon dev makes a plane specifically for the premium version that does not work in the standard version.

You'd have to pay an additional $120, just to be able to install that addon.

3 minutes ago, jon b said:

How many people Here enjoy flying default aircraft ? I’m sure some do but if I were going to buy this then I’d get the standard product then buy my own good quality add on aircraft as I’ve never come across a decent default aircraft before.

I never touch default aircraft - apart from my attempt to fly the default Microsoft "hardcore" Airbus across the pond in an early version of Prepar3d v5. 

However, I think MSFS will be an exception, as the default aircraft have been modelled with much more care and attention than we have seen from MS and LM in the past.

There is no reason why Asobo can not build an aircraft that is just as good or better than anything that a 3rd-party developer can release. Will they/have they? I'm not an alpha tester, but from what I've seen some of the default aircraft are a big step up from what we are used to getting with our sims.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Alle the planes in one picture

fc1a34f9513cb54ddfc3eb233be8d2f47c50bb52

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Lukas Dalton

25 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Same. Too bad that supply and prices are out of whack due to corona. I guess I'll resort to a quick Xbox Game Pass subscription to see if it can even run on my current system and hold me out for a few more months..

ChaoticBeauty, I think 1 of 2 things should happen.  Because of your continuous dedication and contribution to these forums for the duration of the known development of MSFS, I would love to see MS/Asobo donate a beast of a PC to you OR you make a way people can donate $$$ to go towards building/buying a beast of a PC.  

You're the man, cant wait to fly with you in the sim!!

Edited by Brandon01110
  • Like 4

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

1 minute ago, DaWu said:

The icon does float

Of course. You are right. An Amphibian!

So I'm save.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

1 hour ago, Adrian123 said:

Sounds like "Flight" to me.

Based on what exactly?

• Like 4

And what about the subscription fee?

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

2 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

some of the default aircraft are a big step up from what we are used to getting with our sims.

Yes, but they're still "default" and lacking quite a lot. Quality is FAR superior to FSX/P3D default aircraft.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Downloading now yesss and my 💳  said :ohhh boy im about to look like a samurai sword....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

3 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Alle the planes in one picture

fc1a34f9513cb54ddfc3eb233be8d2f47c50bb52

I count 29?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

35 minutes ago, DaWu said:

I love Facebook comments. Best one so far:

Yeah shame on you Asobo. I want my 40.000 detailed airports now!

People are stupid what can you expect.