Sign in to follow this  
CallsignDE

Leaked Videos

If there is one thing I dislike about Photogrammetry, besides its tendency to fall apart at close range, is the tendency of buildings to generally present themselves as gray to dark grey with absolutely no hint of shininess. The unnaturalness of that almost counteracts the realism of the accurate shapes....... 😕

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

On 7/23/2020 at 3:59 PM, WestAir said:

Looks like we have wake turbulence modeled.

Awesome.

Maybe I missed it, where's that?

7 minutes ago, badderjet said:

Maybe I missed it, where's that?

Its in 1 hour video when he is flying behind A380

• Like 1

Luka Makhviladze
PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

1 hour ago, badderjet said:

Not sure if I have seen any 380 so far, but I'll look for it...

If Live Traffic is implemented, you know where to look for. 😉

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Sure 😂 but I meant the video that I haven't found where apparently wake turbulence effects could be seen.

After watching the 1hr 48 long leak video? I am so excited to get the simulator, even at this stage, the sim, if only in terms of looks is far superior to anything we've ever had before. I can't wait to get flying with my VA taking in the view for a change. Even as the sim develops its going to be an amazing ride and im so excited to be able to take part. What an achievement. 

Even the menus are easy and its nice to have a "live radar"  so to speak! 

• Like 3

103903.png

The only thing that really bothered me from the first video (not the leak) are that 10000ft is said 'flight level one-zero-zero' and that the A320 cockpit has these two 'buttons' above the PFD that I cannot seem to understand why they are there

1 hour ago, EKRA01 said:

The only thing that really bothered me from the first video (not the leak) are that 10000ft is said 'flight level one-zero-zero' and that the A320 cockpit has these two 'buttons' above the PFD that I cannot seem to understand why they are there

If it was flying in Europe,Transition Altitude tends to be around 6000' so we express 10,000' as FL100.

Two buttons above PFD are Master Caution Reset and Chrono.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

They’d still say „level one hundred“ for FL100.

But I guess that’s just one in the myriad of errors and inaccuracies in the ATC system.

Edited by badderjet

5 minutes ago, badderjet said:

They’d still say „level one hundred“ for FL100.

They might in America but not over here in Europa;  FL100 ("Flight Level One Zero Zero") is the correct RT if the Transition Level is below that.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Upvote 1

I am talking about Europe and not once in a lifetime have I heard anyone in any airspace say „level one zero zero“.

In this case I‘d even go so far and say it’s standard phraseology, but don’t take my word for it. „Hundred“ and „Thousand“ is. Of course you could run into some weird controller issuing a „heading two zero zero“ but that’s rare.

Edited by badderjet

50 minutes ago, badderjet said:

I am talking about Europe and not once in a lifetime have I heard anyone in any airspace say „level one zero zero“.

In this case I‘d even go so far and say it’s standard phraseology, but don’t take my word for it. „Hundred“ and „Thousand“ is. Of course you could run into some weird controller issuing a „heading two zero zero“ but that’s rare.

Nope, thousands of hours flying jets around Europe and by FAR the most common phraseology used by controllers of all countries is ‘flight level one zero zero’ or ‘heading two zero zero.’ 

It is the standard and correct phraseology and is used by The majority of controllers, simple as that. 

Edited by 2reds2whites
  • Like 2

I'm not a RL Pilot, but UK CAA CAP 413 May 2016 Page 9 seems to agree with badderjet:

Number                  Transmitted As                Pronounced As

FL100                    Flight Level 100              FLIGHT LEVEL WUN HUN DRED

Edit: But the same document then indicates in Appendix 1 that this is specific to the UK and the ICAO standard is Flight level one zero zero

Edited by ConstVoid
Clarification

Ian Box

Thousands of hours flying jets around Europe and I can say the exact opposite. Which I already did. Simple as that.

Exactly the same for things like QNH 1000, which most will pronounce „Q-N-H one thousand“. Kinda makes sense too. As do countless other examples. And in any way, sadly none of this will be reflected in MSFS.

Edited by badderjet