Sign in to follow this  
suncoastflyer

Some new B-Roll footage/Gameplay

What is with the terrible FPS in both the 747 videos while panning the camera? And the way the nose pitched up during takeoff didn’t look very comforting. 

we need someone who can do a proper full flight in IFR and pls display the FPS counter.  

my fear is if the default 747 has such low FPS , what happens with PMDG 747?

Edited by vin747
  • Upvote 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

I don't understand why these people are playing at 4K 25 fps, it's just unpleasant to watch. It is clear that even with 2080ti at 4K it's far from smooth.

It would be a much better experience to play this on 1080p with 60 fps.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cepact said:

I don't understand why these people are playing at 4K 25 fps, it's just unpleasant to watch. It is clear that even with 2080ti at 4K it's far from smooth.

It would be a much better experience to play this on 1080p with 60 fps.

Most people do not fine tune their settings, with the right settings it can run very well, even at 4k. We should all know by now how sensitive flight simulators can be to specific settings. 

• Like 3

Okay folks, I can't focus on my work with these amazing flow of videos 😆.

amazing so far!

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

One bit of bad news, it seems that even in 1080p, with an I7 7700k, 32GB or RAM & a 2080, the game stutters in dense areas, as for me, I'm definitely waiting for the new generation of cards & CPUs before upgrading.

Source, in French: https://t.co/Z3iKafBHTq?amp=1

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

5 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

One bit of bad news, it seems that even in 1080p, with an I7 7700k, 32GB or RAM & a 2080, the game stutters in dense areas, as for me, I'm definitely waiting for the new generation of cards & CPUs before upgrading.

i think on the 18 many or will spend thousands to upgrade / buy a new system or it will be back to reality;

nice sim but it need the power to show all that up !

Has anyone found one that shows the city of Toronto?  I am trying to figure out if Bing's major Canadian cities (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver) use the 3D modelling that you get in New York or if its just satellite with AI.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

10 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

@vin747 Good! It should stutter when maxed out because it's built for tomorrow's computers, not today's. Even at midsettings it's going to look a lot better than what we've been using. Just turn your settings down a bit and enjoy it, you can upgrade whenever if you feel you need more eye candy.

I'm going to be running it on an 8 year old system with modest upgrades and I'm not overly worried, I play COD just fine on high settings.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

11 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

There’s a guy on YouTube I follow with 32GB and a GTX 1080 and it runs smooth for him on ultra.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

Also, we shouldn't forget about DX11. I wonder, when they will move to DX12, how are they going to manage the vRAM (P3Dv5 and its vRAM consumption for example)?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

5 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Has anyone found one that shows the city of Toronto?  I am trying to figure out if Bing's major Canadian cities (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver) use the 3D modelling that you get in New York or if its just satellite with AI.

Several cities in Canada have photogrammetry. The Maps app for Windows 10 can show you which.

But all the ones you mentioned do have it, along with Ottawa.

Edited by Tuskin38

I am not that worried about the fps. I bet everyone showing off msfs is going to turn on all the bells and whistles whether their computer is capable or not. Who isn't going to max out the graphics just to see how good it can look - not how well it can perform 

• Like 2

translated (part-of)

How does it work, and on what configuration?

This is where it gets harder. Our test configuration (i7 7700K at 4.2GHz, 32GB of DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080) offered relatively smooth 1080p rendering with the settings set to Ultra, but he still often coughed in big cities like Paris, Tokyo or New York which can drop around 30FPS. Same observation at the start of the game when the environments are not yet fully loaded, and during camera movements inside an Airbus or a Boeing, which must display a lot of buttons and interactive screens. Flight Simulator is a very greedy game that will undoubtedly challenge the most robust configurations, as many simulators have done before it.

A lot of work has been done on optimization since the start of the alpha, but we hope that this will be one of the main areas for improvement in the coming weeks, otherwise it could be quite complicated for some. take full advantage of it. And less than a month before the release, it's really very worrying.

Add to this the loading and decompression times that can drag on, sometimes for long minutes before a flight. We therefore strongly advise you to install the approximately 100GB required on an SSD in order to limit breakage, even just a little. To put it simply: if the game is released as is on August 18, we may have a serious problem.

• Upvote 2