Sign in to follow this  
rtodepart

Here’s my wife’s question related to the 18th

Just know that if anyone see’s a floating paused airplane near KLAX on the 18 you can tell your friends: oh i know who that guy is lol 😂 

Edited by rtodepart
  • Like 2

Image removed as image is no longer available.

You can do a shared cockpit.

Let her have the 'joystick' while you continue the approach with the yoke.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Msfs has now an "active pause" implemented. 

Think about that wording!!! 

LOL!  I always wondered where they came up with that name.  Now we know.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

8 minutes ago, SoJourned said:

You can do a shared cockpit.

Let her have the 'joystick' while you continue the approach with the yoke.

MSFS NTSB report says the captain 👨🏼‍✈️ Stated : during the approach face of the flight my wife (FO) yelled out MY AIRPLANE she then took control of the joystick and it was at that moment when I experienced lost of breath among other things that prevented me from remembering anything after that .

• Like 3

Image removed as image is no longer available.

@rtodepart, Somebody got lucky! :happy:

@fogboundturtle,  "can't you set the plane into an holding pattern?"

on autopilot.:laugh:              

Edited by jpc55

3 hours ago, rtodepart said:

Its 3:30 am you’re just about to contact approach inbound to LAX and then out of the sudden I show up half naked next to your desk with full on clearance to do with me as you please  . What would you do ? 

Im not lying she actually layed down this scenario for me last night as I tryed to explain to her for the 87k time how exited i was about the 18 . And i was unable to spit out a solid answer right away. 

Thank her for giving clearance, then give her $20 and tell her to nip out to the store to get some beer and snacks. It's only 3:30am and you have another leg taking you the JFK to complete after you nail this landing. She will understand.

• Upvote 1

Hmm, I guess the answer would be based on who attracted you still are to your wife and how often you get to play cowboy.  In my case, I'd go through the computer with the 55 inch monitor crashing to the group every single day/night - and the same would go for if it was my wife too!

🤬

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Was gonna make a joke about flaps, but best not.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, ShawnG said:

There's a pause function for only one of those choices, just sayin'

LOL, so true... It hurts, but the more pauses I do on the SIM (for her) the more time I get on the SIM. 

No contest. Turn off that computer and do the homework dude. You could end up subject matter for another sad country song and there's too many of those now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

11 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

You could end up subject matter for another sad country song

You can't be the subject of a country song until you've ticked all the boxes: been to prison, crashed your truck, lost your dog, are a war veteran who can't find work, lost your woman, lost your farm, and started drinking heavily. Oh, and there's got to be a train in there somewhere too.  🤣

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

5 hours ago, rtodepart said:

Its 3:30 am you’re just about to contact approach inbound to LAX and then out of the sudden I show up half naked next to your desk with full on clearance to do with me as you please  . What would you do ? 

It is REALLY important to read the title of this thread (i’m sure you are a very attractive man, RTO, but if you randomly show up naked in my house at 3:30am when i’m trying to sim...)

• Like 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

4 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

i’m sure you are a very attractive man, RTO, but if you randomly show up naked in my house at 3:30am when i’m trying to sim...)

Evidently, any other time is fine, just not 3.30am 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury