Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Any news on v5.1 ?

2 hours ago, TrentXWB said:

Could anyone share with me their cloud layers setting on AS for v5, please?

Hi ihm using EA in P3D and set it in ASP3D to 2 Layers, so the Beta did Not use More. Also i Switch off all cloud effects and Visual effects in ASP3D, so they Not depicted in the EA Beta. When you use EA Then you can also uninstall all cloud Textures from Addons so the EA will Not use ist.

for better visuals i begin all flights with Clear weather Setting in P3D, this can reduce the white dust when you Fly in good wheather conditions.

Edited by Alti
Correct the autocorrect.

Does anyone still have suddenly changing Truesky weather using ActiveSky?  I still have that after the second hotfix.    

Have to say, after seeing and hearing alot more about MSFS - and seeing alot of well known developers lining up to add products, my desire to wait this out is diminishing by the day.

Edited by ErichB

3 hours ago, TrentXWB said:

Could anyone share with me their cloud layers setting on AS for v5, please?

I'm running ASP3D with all settings at default, always use v5 with EA on. Happy with the results.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

7 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Does anyone still have suddenly changing Truesky weather using ActiveSky?  I still have that after the second hotfix.    

Have to say, after seeing and hearing alot more about MSFS - and seeing alot of well known developers lining up to add products, my desire to wait this out is diminishing by the day.

TrueSky is still BETA and will stay until 5.1, that was made clear several times.

Of course well know developers add products for MSFS. Not because it will destroy all other sims, no. Because it will generate an additional major customer base, just plain economics.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

24 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Reading the post in MSFS forum most don`t want to buy addons for MSFS they are used to free stuff for FSX.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

34 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Of course well know developers add products for MSFS. Not because it will destroy all other sims, no. Because it will generate an additional major customer base, just plain economics.

Yes of course.  No other reason. But that's the direction we are going.   

No sims will be 'destroyed', but the common user by majority will move on, and a small subset of users will continue to support other sims. Once we have quality airliners in the new sim the mass migration will happen.  This is the way it has always been.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

And new hardware is needed so that the FPS, along with add-ons, is like in P3Dv5

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Actually, now that there's a plethora of videos of MSFS on YouTube (rather than just BiliBili!), I'm more confident that I'm going to be flying airliners in P3D v5.x for a good while yet. I was expecting a bit more from the MSFS A320, to be honest. Dubious autopilot, performance all wrong. Great for a flight game, not so great for simulating more serious operations.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

5 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Actually, now that there's a plethora of videos of MSFS on YouTube (rather than just BiliBili!), I'm more confident that I'm going to be flying airliners in P3D v5.x for a good while yet. I was expecting a bit more from the MSFS A320, to be honest. Dubious autopilot, performance all wrong. Great for a flight game, not so great for simulating more serious operations.

for once im going to agree with you. 

if you look at the videos on youtube at kids flying the tube liners and how they are doing it you can tell that the default a320 and 748 is going to be flown by kids and not "hardcore" simmers until the likes of pmdg/fsl/qw etc etc.

from first impressions looks like its going to be great for GA in the summer months until theres some good payware a/c avaliable for it.  

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

I'm stuck in a sort of no-man's land.

MSFS is great for VFR flights. There are issues, and that's to be expected with a pre-release product, but it's not great with the 'less mature' airliners (to use polite language).

P3Dv5 is fantastic for airliner flights as it has more developed payware aircraft that I use, but not as refined for VFR. And then there's the 800-pound gorilla that is the VRAM OOM issue...
I've adjusted my settings to try and keep me below the VRAM limit, but every 4th flight or so, I will OOM on approach. Any further reduction of settings just makes my P3D look word not allowed.

Neither sim is anywhere near as solid as P3D4 was. While that's no surprise when pushing the boundaries with new tech, I can't say that I'm enjoying flight simming at the moment and have taken a hiatus.

IMO, P3D v5.1 can't come soon enough.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

P3D v5 is and has always been a great sim and (hopefully) 5.1 will resolve the most annoying issues.  If you're an airliner guy, P3D will still be the go to for at least another 6 months.  But the writing is on the wall...

In my opinion, the worst thing LM could have done, was release a half-baked V5.  It was damaging, and I can speak for myself in saying that when the issues surfaced, i realised I'd had enough of it.  I have to admit that seeing what was coming, did influence that decision somewhat.  But I had been looking forward to V5 for so long, that when it finally dropped with all of it's issues I thought, well, that's it.  May as well wait it out for the new sim.  Since then,  I haven't really spent any money on anything new - and there is ALOT of new stuff which has come to market since then.

I might do a few more long hauls, but I want to move on...  

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 2

I am  waiting for MSFS to release then later high detailed airport`s for P3Dv5 will drop in price i will buy, will explain why after the 18th.

• Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

23 minutes ago, ErichB said:

P3D v5 is and has always been a great sim and (hopefully) 5.1 will resolve the most annoying issues.  If you're an airliner guy, P3D will still be the go to for at least another 6 months.  But the writing is on the wall...

In my opinion, the worst thing LM could have done, was release a half-baked V5.  It was damaging, and I can speak for myself in saying that when the issues surfaced, i realised I'd had enough of it.  I have to admit that seeing what was coming, did influence that decision somewhat.  But I had been looking forward to V5 for so long, that when it finally dropped with all of it's issues I thought, well, that's it.  May as well wait it out for the new sim.  Since then,  I haven't really spent any money on anything new - and there is ALOT of new stuff which has come to market since then.

I might do a few more long hauls, but I want to move on...  

Likewise looking forward to 5.1 for my airline flying. I do love EA and the lighting that comes with it. I am not convinced DX12 is the right move although I love the performance gain it's fantastic. MSFS "old" DX11 looks another world and no VRAM problems.

As for performance in MSFS Chewwy (https://www.youtube.com/user/ChewwyCaster)shows the A320 and 748 with what looks like ultra setting and he runs 4k and still has what most people would find great performance 30-50 FPS in hand crafted airports etc. With all addons aircraft to come running outside the sim we have no idea if there will be a FPS or not at this time. If they do have a big hit on FPS then we have a problem if they don't and with anyone not needing more than 30FPS it's happy days. But it looks like we are all in for all the big names in airport addons coming out and we can see what FPS hit they have if any! but from the 18th I will personally be enjoying a ton of GA flying and exploring the world. All we can do is wait and see and personally be very grateful for this new start in flight siming.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

28 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Likewise looking forward to 5.1 for my airline flying. I do love EA and the lighting that comes with it. I am not convinced DX12 is the right move although I love the performance gain it's fantastic. MSFS "old" DX11 looks another world and no VRAM problems.

As for performance in MSFS Chewwy (https://www.youtube.com/user/ChewwyCaster)shows the A320 and 748 with what looks like ultra setting and he runs 4k and still has what most people would find great performance 30-50 FPS in hand crafted airports etc. With all addons aircraft to come running outside the sim we have no idea if there will be a FPS or not at this time. If they do have a big hit on FPS then we have a problem if they don't and with anyone not needing more than 30FPS it's happy days. But it looks like we are all in for all the big names in airport addons coming out and we can see what FPS hit they have if any! but from the 18th I will personally be enjoying a ton of GA flying and exploring the world. All we can do is wait and see and personally be very grateful for this new start in flight siming.

If in P3D you enjoy the default aircraft and 2K resolution, then this is your chance. MFS already has problems with performance in 4K and detailed airports. This is without PMDG. And you will be greatly disappointed by the interface

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider