Sign in to follow this  
F1le

Resigning from X-Plane 11.50 or P3Dv5

3 hours ago, wim123 said:

i think the only reson to hang on to other sims will be stuff like historic aircraft and aircraft that are not yet in fs.

Indeed.

At this moment, nothing beats flying VR in A2A's constellation in FSX SE/FlyInside + Rift CV1 for me. It will take a long time before this can be done in the new sim.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I tend to use XP11 more than P3D at the moment as I feel that ORBX TE GB series looks more realistic and sharper on my system. So I made the decision to keep XP11 and remove P3D to provide SSD space for MSFS.  If I don't like MSFS (unlikely I guess) then I can soon reinstall P3D..

Exciting times ahead!!

Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My intention is to keep P3Dv4 installed (never upgraded to v5) along with some PMDG and the FSLabs Bus. Heck, I've still got XPlane 10 installed but haven't used it for years!

The more I see of MSFS though, I honestly think that it'll be the one I spend most of my time in, and I certainly won't be making any more purchases for the other sims going forward.

• Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

X-Plane had fallen into disuse so I uninstalled it to make room for my P3Dv5 installation so I could keep my v4 installation during the transition.  Now that my v5 is up and running with most addons i use I have uninstalled v4 and that’s the SSD that will house MSFS.  Flightsim musical chairs 🙂

I expect to leave v5 installed, at least until my favourite airliners make their way into MSFS and we’ll see from there.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Am Keeping Xplane for flyjsim's B727,B732 and the heli's. DCS for Helis and the AV8b. MSFS for everything else.🤠

• Upvote 1

I would love to see flyjsim do a 727 and 737 for MSFS, those are the two aircraft I flew the most in X-Plane.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

23 hours ago, mwilk said:

Why is everything either or in this hobby?

Because keeping all 3 flight sims takes up a lot of space, and can get quite expensive if you're going to be investing in add-ons for all of them. Which is understandable why people would like to dedicate themselves to one.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

9 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Because keeping all 3 flight sims takes up a lot of space, and can get quite expensive if you're going to be investing in add-ons for all of them. Which is understandable why people would like to dedicate themselves to one.

Hard drive space is probably as cheap as it's ever been. You've already paid for the addons that you've got so it seems a waste not to continue to use them. No telling how long it will take before addons are produced for the new sim. Scenery will certainly come sooner than aircraft. PMDG has said that we should see the 737 for MSFS sometime in quarter 1 of 2021, so that's 6 months away. we'll see about the other developers. Hey, to each his own but I switch from XP11 to P3Dv5 to DCS. It all depends on what aircraft I want to fly or if I want to blow something up.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

DCS is a combat sim, white we're talking about the 3 main primary flight sim (P3D, X-Plane, MFS). Of course it would make more sense to keep DCS and a flight sim. Because they are 2 different things. 

I find that when I had all 3 flight sim installed, then I'm more inclined to purchase add-ons for all of them. I like to keep things simple. Yes storage is cheap if you're going the HDD route, SSD prices have dropped but it's still quite expensive for me at least.

MFS is the future of nextgen flight sims and I want to embrace it fully. It's time for me to move on.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

For me it’s just too much work to keep three sims and their addons up to date.  When I contemplated uninstalling x-plane I hadn’t flown it in eight months or so...no real reason for it to stay and I can always reinstall if I really want to.

Dave