Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Thank you LM for Golden era of Flightsim - Road Forks Now

46 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

I'll give it 1 year, and I think that is much to generous, 1 year and the only flight simulator anyone is talking about will be FS. Mark my words 😉

"FS"?  Is that FS9 or FSX?  You forgot about P3D. 😄 

It's bad form to go into someone else's community and bash their sim.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 minute ago, LHookins said:

"FS"?  Is that FS9 or FSX?  You forgot about P3D. 😄 

It's bad form to go into someone else's community and bash their sim.

Hook

Bad form or not, it's a fact. And this is from someone who has over £2000 invested in P3D!

Edited by SierraHotel

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

3 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

Bad form or not, it's a fact. And this is from someone who has over £2000 invested in P3D!

You might have noticed that I'm a MSFS fanboi.  The most that I will say is that after experiencing MSFS it will be hard to go back to an earlier sim.  And some will go back, for whatever reason.

What I was saying above was the nice version of "don't be a jerk."  It makes the MSFS community look bad.

Hook

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

4 hours ago, LHookins said:

What I was saying above was the nice version of "don't be a jerk."  It makes the MSFS community look bad.

And 2000 USD doesn't buy you the rights to be a jerk.

• Like 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

And you really, really don't want to burn your P3D bridges.  

MSFS and P3D each have their strengths and weaknesses and there's no reason not to have both.  I'd much rather see the two communities peacefully coexist.  Drive-by bashings of a sim from someone outside the community does not foster peaceful coexistence, and it takes very few people to poison the well.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Some idiots never learn ...

• Like 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

OK guys - 7 pages of speculation is enough. This is still the P3D forum - take this discussion to hangar chat if you wish.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors