Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Thank you LM for Golden era of Flightsim - Road Forks Now

I love the renaissance happening to flightsims.  Some will evolve and thrive, some will get absorbed by bigger fish, some will disappear or stagnate.  Either way everyone wins.  Oddly every now and then I will fire up FSX just to fly the PMDG MD-11 lol.

MSFS here I come.  I just need VR support to come badly. 

PS - the craziest thing would be if LM releases something like MSFS using their own super enhanced world images.  You know they have pristine global data (better than Bing maps) right especially for their military clients.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

57 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

f6c.jpg

You are wrong...

Edited by RamonB
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The most annoying thing that will happen is the flood of boring screen shots and videos of a user's house, well known landmarks and spectacular sunsets.

Oh I dunno... I'm kinda looking forward to that part. 😄 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

the craziest thing would be if LM releases something like MSFS using their own super enhanced world images.

I keep posting something like that, no one seems to care.

Well, *I* find it exciting.

Hook

Larry Hookins

2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

PS - the craziest thing would be if LM releases something like MSFS using their own super enhanced world images.  You know they have pristine global data (better than Bing maps) right especially for their military clients.

I don't think that this will be even remotely possible in some normal timeframe. I don't know how big the LM team is, but I have a feeling MS-Team is multiple times as big... and they have external collaborations. That makes a big role at what you are able to implement. You can notice in the development cycle how fast MSFS is being developed, features added and changed, compared to LM which takes months and years to implement. I am aware that LM is working to keep the backwards compatibility, so that might take more time. Nevertheless, the team behind MSFS seems to interact on a fully different level with both community and developers. More importantly, how will things develop in the upcoming months and years.

11 minutes ago, SimonC said:

You can notice in the development cycle how fast MSFS is being developed, features added and changed, compared to LM which takes months and years to implement.

If I remember correctly, when MS announced MSFS or MSFS2020 they stated that they had been working on it for 5 years (+ 1 year since). As for features added and changed, we will see soon enough, on the 18th.

Edited by RamonB

Just now, RamonB said:

If I remember correctly, when MS announced MSFS or MSFS2020 they stated that they had been working on it for 5 years (+ 1 year since). As for features added and changed, we will see soon enough on the 18th.

Yes, that is why I said I don't hold it for possible for LM to implement something like this any time in the near future. Except if they have been working on it for a long time now. I am only talking from experience of the last 8 months since I got on the alpha. The speed of changes and implementations was quite staggering.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LHookins said:

Oh I dunno... I'm kinda looking forward to that part. 😄 

Hook

You must be missing being forced to watch someone else's vacation photos.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

You must be missing being forced to watch someone else's vacation photos.

There's a big difference between having to sit through someone's slide show and being able to flip through their photo album.  No one is forcing you to look at the screen shots.

Hook

Larry Hookins

8 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

f6c.jpg

Lol - I have been using that same image of McCoy in the DA62 airplane thread.  Lol

Super funny

From what I can tell.  P3Dv5 is and will become a very stable sim and MSFS2020 for the next upcoming 2 years will become the bleeding edge of simulation products.

Best part is one doesn't need to buy mesh etc for MSFS 2020 - save so much money now

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Nobody can predict what will happen, except nothing is or will die.. there is so much going on from all angles in the flight sim world that is very hard to keep up (even for developers).. so the concept of A, B, or the new D dying / failing is far from being reached.

Every time I heard the words "it is dead", this comes to mind:

harry-potter-is-dead-quit-telling-everyo

😂 

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Every time I heard the words "it is dead", this comes to mind:

Me it reminds more on these run-downed bums with their "THE END IS NEAR!" signs on the street corner 😅

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I'll give it 1 year, and I think that is much to generous, 1 year and the only flight simulator anyone is talking about will be FS. Mark my words 😉

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

29 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

I'll give it 1 year, and I think that is much to generous, 1 year and the only flight simulator anyone is talking about will be FS. Mark my words 😉

These active forums say "hi":

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/365-the-microsoft-flight-2012-forum/

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/121-ms-fsx-fsx-se-forum/

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/263-the-fs2004-fs9-forum/

😄

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter