Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Thank you LM for Golden era of Flightsim - Road Forks Now

9 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Will v5.1 be enough to keep P3D in the centre lane? Unlikely that the masses will be convinced, but there's at least a chance that it will remain a strong contender for those who are simming rather than gaming (without wanting to restart that argument!)

Seriously? You're asserting that P3D is a more realistic simulator because it has vastly inferior graphics? If MSFS had terrible graphics on par with P3D, would you consider if for simmers too?  You do realize that MSFS flight and atmosphere physics have been completely overhauled...right?  How many add-ons does P3D require to achieve realistic atmospheric/physic conditions...or are those just for gammers?  Will the PMDG 737 NGXu be less capable in MSFS than P3D?  Does Chevy have better driving dynamics because it has less horsepower and refinement than a Lamborghini? The notion that MSFS is not for gamers because it employs high fidelity graphics is just absurd. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Matt King

I think for VFR fliers the transition is obvious.

However since I fly the complex airliners I don't see myself giving up on v5 for the near future, I can't find myself flying default aircraft which don't compare with what we have out there.

The ground graphics in MSFS are mind blowing but most of my flying is high up and I have all my airport add ons for departure/arrival (over 100). In MSFS I will need to purchase all of those from scratch minus the ones which come with the simulator. The default airport in MSFS are still not convincing and will have to get upgraded via add ons...

Another key area is ATC - anyone can say if that was improved significantly when comparing to previous releases? I do not fly w/o offline ATC

• Like 1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Am happy to use each sim for the strengths they have. Looking forward to 5.1. I hope they sort out EA fully and anything they can do to help out DX12 short comings with VRAM. The performance again is fantastic with v5. 
The future is bright for P3D v5, MSFS and DCS.

• Like 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Tell me , if your jet pulls to the left on takeoff like a turbo prop and then climbs 30,000 feet in 5 minutes (or other similar miracles), will you stay enjoying the environment? Just wondering.

And then you finally bought a PMDG, but the FPS dropped to 15. And then you realize that everything starts anew. You just have to wait a bit.)

Edited by BMW969
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Clearly as it stands, flying the A320N or the 748i is not the best idea in MSFS, but exploring the world and doing true VFR flying looks a perfect fit.

As for add on aircraft hit on FPS we have no idea so your just speculating it being like FSX/P3D, you could well be right, but since all the add on aircraft for MSFS will have to run outside the sim and it’s a completely different engine to anything else hopefully the FPS hit could be minimal. Best to wait and see. It will be interesting to see if big add on airports from like FT have a hit on FPS, if they don’t it could be a huge sign of good things to come.

Horses for courses as they say and MSFS currently is not the best course for airline flying, V5 is.

Just like as it looks like flying a GA VFR cannot come close to what MSFS is bringing to the table.

What to fly a F-18? DCS is the course to take.

We all can enjoy them all if we choose to. None are a compulsive ban on the others.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Still using v4.5HF3 here.  I'm really enjoying it but I pre-ordered FS2020 and will probably transition sooner rather than later.

As much as I appreciate what LM did for flight simming, I can't help but feel they just kept updating the engine of the vehicle while ignoring style/body - like putting a 2020 engine in a 1980 something car. 

I've been told (here) over and over again that DEV are responsible for making add-ons but I agree to disagree - especially with regards to airports.  There are still sooo many airports that aren't available for P3D and I don't feel the need to drop $20-50 each time I want updated basic RWYs/TWYs and terminals.

This has left me with the (poor) impression of how truly unimportant I, as a customer and user, am to LM.  They sorta tried to make-up for it in v5 but it was clearly a last ditch, second thought effort.  Unorganized, unplanned, rushed, a blunder.  Sad way to see end.   

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

It will be great if PMDG has minimal impact on performance. We will see.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

11 hours ago, glider1 said:

I don't speak for all VFR pilots but I won't be moving to MS2020 until A2A does. Accusim is important technology for me.

Agree, I will wait  to!

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

32 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Let`s hope so at 20-25 fps at 1080p you can`t afford it.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

53 minutes ago, Jac_49 said:

Agree, I will wait  to!

You should not. I have been mostly a tube-libe simmer, but MSFS is just amazing for bush and VFR flying.

• Like 3

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 hour ago, BMW969 said:

Yes Alex we will, here is what i am thinking don't LOL 🙂 my next PC will have 10 cores 20 threads I could make MSFS use 7 cores 14 threads and addons like NG3 I could make use the others and not touching any cores/treads used my MSFS. Well it's a plan 🙂

BTW PMDG I think are having there first sale ever, correct me if am wrong but have they ever had a sale before?

"Happy birthday to us! That's right. PMDG has been bringing you flight sim goodness for 23 years! Join us in celebrating by taking 23% off your next order! Sale ends August 14" 

Edited by Nyxx

I think given the strengths and weaknesses of both P3D and MSFS, if you've never had two flight simulators before, this might be a good time to start. 🙂 

GA flying is so good in MSFS that it is luring long time airliner-only simmers to do some low and slow flying.  

Hook

• Like 3

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Not wanting to rain any anyone’s parade, but as someone who’s used both sims I can tell you that I’ll be keeping P3D close and will continue to invest. Super excited about MSFS but it’s unlikely to become my main platform this year. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

2 hours ago, GCBraun said:

You should not. I have been mostly a tube-libe simmer, but MSFS is just amazing for bush and VFR flying.

thanks for your advice, but I have P3D v5 fairly stable and reliable now, after the latest HF, and I enjoy flying the A2A Cherokee and Comanche, mainly VFR for now.

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

4 hours ago, Jac_49 said:

thanks for your advice, but I have P3D v5 fairly stable and reliable now, after the latest HF, and I enjoy flying the A2A Cherokee and Comanche, mainly VFR for now.

Try the default Cessna 152. You won't be disappointed. Costs justs 1 buck in the first month.

• Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus