Sign in to follow this  
espent

Embargo lifts at 8am UK time on Friday

Just now, FlyingInACessna said:

I thought you were basing this on videos you’ve seen. If that’s not the case, then you’re flying an old version of the sim. The G1000 has been vastly improved since the Beta / preview 1.16 build and is still being improved as we speak. They are a whole version ahead of what you’ve played, and several quick fixes ahead of that as well (1.17.12)

I really hope so. I really do. I am more of a GA guy anyway. 

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I really hope so. I really do. I am more of a GA guy anyway. 

Me too for both 🙂 Regardless, I have confidence in Asobo to keep improving things over time.

I used to love flying airliners on the sim and thought I was doing the harder job manning the larger aircraft. Then I was told that I’m very wrong and that there’s more to flying GA planes than shoving the throttle forward and pulling back. Now I know in depth about the world of VFR navigation, sectional charts, weather limitations, etc. and I’m thrilled. This sim will only make things better because of how rich it is for VFR pilots who want to utilize pilotage and dead reckoning to navigate 🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Then someone needs to tell her to fire up the FSL in P3D. What she's doing is useless and distracting to put it nicely.

MS gave her a key specifically to stream it, hence the stream. A real A320 pilot demonstrating the release version of MFS and its default Airbus.

Bernard

19 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Then someone needs to tell her to fire up the FSL in P3D. What she's doing is useless and distracting to put it nicely.

Its not useless. She made a disclaimer in the beginning that its default and realize a lot of things don't work and its not study level and shes just pointing out what she does in the real world.  Was interesting to hear her thoughts in general.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turpentine said:

My thoughts exactly.
If these are the expectations that airliner pilots have about the default aircrafts, then I do wonder why Asobo/MS wasted time and resources designing those planes. They should have focused on the GA birds and provided support to PMDG and others to make sure their products are ready for launch, and then devote the free resources to fixing more bugs and adding more base features (e.g. replay).

Where does that leave us who arent ready for or looking for study level airliners? 

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Not sure what this embargo that was lifted this morning was referring to, but I asked on a live stream with two guys from TechRadar (who were flying atrociously!) when reviews would be made available and they both said Monday.

1 hour ago, Turpentine said:

then I do wonder why Asobo/MS wasted time and resources designing those planes. They should have focused on the GA birds

Airliners are perceived to be the 'sexy' part of aviation.
A bug smasher doesn't necessarily appeal as much to the casual simmer or gamer. Neither does PMDG's pricing and technicality make airliners accessible to the masses.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

So for what it's worth, KatiePilot just figured out her throttle was mapped incorrectly from her joystick the whole time.  Let's see if she changes her opinion after flying for a little more.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

30 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

Where does that leave us who arent ready for or looking for study level airliners? 

Among the unwashed masses

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

4 minutes ago, Slides said:

Among the unwashed masses

Hey!  Just because you're flying at 30,000 feet doesn't mean you can look down on us! 😄 

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Ok, so after remapping her flaps, and fixing the issue with the throttle, KatiePilot says she feels the GA aircraft feel pretty good compared to the real world GA aircraft she had flown before.  However, she did say it's been some time she flew a GA aircraft.

In a nutshell, she isn't happy with the A320, but she does like the GA aircraft and thinks it's a great simulator for GA aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

That's what we have been saying for weeks. I know I am not a A320 FO so I guess my words counts less than her

5 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Ok, so after remapping her flaps, and fixing the issue with the throttle, KatiePilot says she feels the GA aircraft feel pretty good compared to the real world GA aircraft she had flown before.  However, she did say it's been some time she flew a GA aircraft.

In a nutshell, she isn't happy with the A320, but she does like the GA aircraft and thinks it's a great simulator for GA aircraft.

Yep thats the conclusion i've come to.  Which is why I'll stick with the standard version and fly GA until we have some 3rd party airliners available.  Which is perfectly fine with me. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

That's what we have been saying for weeks. I know I am not a A320 FO so I guess my words counts less than her

Saying what? That the A320 is not a study sim?

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Just now, Slides said:

Saying what? That the A320 is not a study sim?

The GA  in MSFS have decent flight dynamic as long as you don't touch the avionics. The A320/747 are a joke compare to payware airliners.