Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

I'm done...

I can't take it anymore.  Looking at these YouTube videos of people flying around previewing FS2020 just hurts looking at it.  Had one guy flying around Miami with flaps deployed through the whole city (previewing scenery is one thing not understanding the aircraft is another), another person keeps previewing airliners with no ATC wondering why he can't get his approach right (actually it's rare to find anyone previewing airliners using ATC),  and others that flat out don't know how an aircraft operates having issues with correct stall/spin procedures.  Many also don't know how to use the autopilot and no understanding of basic autobrake operation.  

My point is this, there is no way I would want to be flying in the world of FS with these folks.  No way I would want them directing ATC procedures.  This utopianistic view of flying in a world with others would be frustrating.  In FS you don't have to know real world procedures nor do you have to care.  There's a reason why things are done a certain way in the real world that doesn't have to be taken into account virtually.  I for one hope further development is done on default ATC and we get a program developed like 'Ultimate Traffic'.  There is no way I would want to share the virtual skies with these folks.  

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

I for one hope further development is done on default ATC and we get a program developed like 'Ultimate Traffic'.  There is no way I would want to share the virtual skies with these folks.  

Actually you already can 😉

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!
  • Like 3

André

so dont and turn mp off or only fly with a group you create....

• Like 5

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Stop worrying about how other people are having fun with their lives in the new sim.

Why don't you just fly using Vatsim/IVAO/PilotsEdge and not get so worked up about this?

Edited by highflyer2020
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 11

12 minutes ago, Dillon said:

There is no way I would want to share the virtual skies with these folks.  

You don't have to.

Problem solved!

You're welcome?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I've never had any desire to use the big online ATC networks.  But next week, I think I’m going to join VATSIM and sit in a GA parking spot at a busy airport and laugh my word not allowed off.  It’s going to be gamer kiddies vs the overly serious pretend pilot brigade.  It’ll be mayhem!  And at the end, I hope, both groups will learn some things.

• Like 14

Quoting Chewwy94 in today's live stream on Twitch while speaking of the flight sim community about all the recent negativity:

You are scared of having fun!

Honestly that couldn't be more true, seeing all the "purists" moaning about everything is getting way too old... Just let people enjoy themselves the way they want and carry on with your life, how hard can it be really? At the end of the day all is still well in the world (well kinda, it's 2020 after all 😅)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

I've never had any desire to use the big online ATC networks.  But next week, I think I’m going to join VATSIM and sit in a GA parking spot at a busy airport and laugh my word not allowed off.  It’s going to be gamer kiddies vs the overly serious pretend pilot brigade.  It’ll be mayhem!  And at the end, I hope, both groups will learn some things.

Oh yes, that sounds like a fantastic idea. 😄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Dillon said:

My point is this, there is no way I would want to be flying in the world of FS with these folks. 

I agree, it's maddening enough that I have to share this world with others in real life, walking, driving, interacting.  This would be the final strawman. 😋

Meant straw, man. But either way works for this

Edited by OneOfMany
Auto correct
  • Like 2

I hope that Asobo will include some function to block certain players from appearing in your online session.

I don't know if the online flight simmer community is familiar with the gamer term "griefer", but next week, it will be for sure.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

I hope that Asobo will include some function to block certain players from appearing in your online session.

I don't know if the online flight simmer community is familiar with the gamer term "griefer", but next week, it will be for sure.

Microsoft Flight, made in a less politically correct era, actually did allow air craft to collide. It was cause for a lot of hilarity, and people did indeed play plane tag and attempt to crash into one another in the air.

The thing that younger players quickly found out was that more experienced Pilots could fairly easily avoid them, and I will admit that I found those sessions to be fun.

It is now the year 2020, also known as the end times, and Microsoft no longer allows planes to interact with one another. As you get closer to another aircraft it becomes more and more transparent until it eventually becomes invisible, only become visible again once the chance of contact has passed.

This should be received well by those worried about the prospect of having fun.

• Like 5

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just now, HiFlyer said:

Microsoft Flight, made in a less politically correct era, actually did allow air craft to collide. It was cause for a lot of hilarity, and people did indeed play plane tag and attempt to crash into one another in the air.

The thing that younger players quickly found out was that more experienced Pilots could fairly easily avoid them, and I will admit that I found those sessions to be fun.

It is now the year 2020, also known as the end times, and Microsoft no longer allows planes to interact with one another. As you get closer to another aircraft it becomes more and more transparent until it eventually becomes invisible, only become visible again once the chance of contact has passed.

This should be received well by those worried about the prospect of having fun.

Never underestimate the amount mischief a large group of organized griefers can bring to online multiplayer events. Spamming ATC, blocking airport gates, I can think of all kinds of stuff.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I can't take it anymore.  Looking at these YouTube videos of people flying around previewing FS2020 just hurts looking at it.  Had one guy flying around Miami with flaps deployed through the whole city (previewing scenery is one thing not understanding the aircraft it another), another person keeps previewing airliners with no ATC wondering why he can't get his approach right (actually it's rare to find anyone previewing airliners using ATC),  and others that flat out don't know how an aircraft operates having issues with correct stall/spin procedures.  Many also don't know how to use the autopilot and no understanding of basic autobrake operation.  

My point is this, there is no way I would want to be flying in the world of FS with these folks.  No way I would want them directing ATC procedures.  This utopianistic view of flying in a world with others would be frustrating.  In FS you don't have to know real world procedures nor do you have to care.  There's a reason why things are done a certain way in the real world that doesn't have to be taken into account virtually.  I for one hope further development is done on default ATC and we get a program developed like 'Ultimate Traffic'.  There is no way I would want to share the virtual skies with these folks.  

You don't need to! You can opt out of flying with live people and chose instead AI

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

48 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I can't take it anymore.  Looking at these YouTube videos of people flying around previewing FS2020 just hurts looking at it.  Had one guy flying around Miami with flaps deployed through the whole city (previewing scenery is one thing not understanding the aircraft it another), another person keeps previewing airliners with no ATC wondering why he can't get his approach right (actually it's rare to find anyone previewing airliners using ATC),  and others that flat out don't know how an aircraft operates having issues with correct stall/spin procedures.  Many also don't know how to use the autopilot and no understanding of basic autobrake operation.  

Thats pretty much how I feel at times, flying in real-life, with a bunch of low time GA pilots, who all think they are the second coming of Chuck Yeager. But, ultimately, that is real life, and this is a game.Relax, don't get so upset over something so silly.

• Like 1