Sign in to follow this  
dobee51

So, did anybody have a smooth installation?

3 hours ago, n4gix said:

When you run the installer, it will offer you to choose what Drive/Folder you want to use.

So only the installer will go on the c-drive if you want it to? How big is the initial install?

Edited by JerryT87

Got it working late last night. Tried everything in the MS FAQ. They left out one thing, the X Box app. I'm not a gamer, I deleted the app a few years back. I installed it and everything went smooth. MSFS is running pretty good on ultra but have only done one quick flight. My GPU is maxed out though running in the 90+% range. I'm running a Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti  Founder's Edition. I'm waiting until the 3000 cards come out before deciding on upgrading. Overall, I like the sim. Performance wise and display wise its much better than FSX and P3d. I still can't get smooth operation in fsx. MSFS, I can. I think like FS2004, this version will be really great in a couple years with hardware, updates and 3rd party products.

15 hours ago, JerryT87 said:

So only the installer will go on the c-drive if you want it to? How big is the initial install?

Nice. What do people do that do not have enough space on C? God, how I hate such things. For gods sake...

10 minutes ago, FrankBlack78 said:

Nice. What do people do that do not have enough space on C? God, how I hate such things. For gods sake...

I would imagine a fair number of people are running smaller SSD's with the OS on that for faster booting and daily use apps like Chrome and Firefox and not much else.  And then have dedicated drives for their sims and downloads and what not.

2 hours ago, pjs37 said:

I would imagine a fair number of people are running smaller SSD's with the OS on that for faster booting and daily use apps like Chrome and Firefox and not much else.  And then have dedicated drives for their sims and downloads and what not.

Exactly. Like me. Already hate that sim.

On 8/19/2020 at 4:08 AM, ASP Rao said:

I too observed same thing. But I left it to do its job. It took 7 hours for complete download of 95.15gb on a 150 maps internet connection. After installation the game started and it recognized my all three Thrustmaster controls but couldn't set any buttons. Only throttle was working,  keyboard functions didn't work.  I tried to choose my choice of airport but it limited to only 42 airports listed, all actions through mouse. I restarted the game after a crash now blue bar reaches 80% and nothing happens thereafter even waited for an hour.  This is my present situation. 

I completed downloads and installation day before. Now struck with Thrustmaster controls configuration through TARGET software to show the exe file path of the sim,  though am able to map the buttons of Throttle, Rudder Pedals and Joystick. 

Yep butter smooth download and Installation for me.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Smooth for me from the MS Store.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

24 minutes ago, wim123 said:

come on, its less than 1 Gb on c, rest goes wherever you want.

Is it mandatory to install the installer into C drive, I directed everything to D drive. Now stuck with Thrustmaster Throttle, Rudder and Joystick configuration through TARGET software, unable to locate root file (exe file) of the sim

well i will follow this guy later, If it doesn't work, Then its back to FSX and a full refund, Unable to get any help at all .

Not sure what would happen if i had bought the box collection

Nightmare 

I installed via Steam and it was very smooth and without issue. Really loving the sim, by the way. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Hi there...   pre-ordered from Microsoft a couple of weeks before the 18th..  fired it up on the 18th..  took about 3 hours to download the full premium version..  no issues.. put it on it's own drive,  plugged in my joystick (T,Flight Stick x),  auto recognised,  changed a few key mappings on the joystick,  been flying happily ever since 🙂 In fact didn't even look at any forums until today because of having fun flying  🙂

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

On 8/18/2020 at 7:57 PM, n4gix said:

When you run the installer, it will offer you to choose what Drive/Folder you want to use.

Hi, I have the premium deluxe boxed version.

It took 5.5 hrs to install the disks and for the installation I asked to install to C:/. It would not allow me to do that. I let it download/install to whatever the default location is (still don't know where that is!

The next step for the on-line installation took 7 hours and when launched the updates took 2 hours.

I have found FlightSimulator.exe here: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Wherever all the folders/files are sitting, is it possible to move them to C:/?

For now when the sim is launched and you have flown, how does one exit MSFS?

Thanks

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Standard DVD and no issues. I read the prompts, selected the desired location, on it's own drive, and spent a few hours waiting and swapping discs, which was quicker than using our slow broadband. Downloaded the core sim, then a tedious 16GB update download to bring it to the latest build, and flew!. So, lucky it seems compared to some. If we had a better connection I would not have gone for the box, but it's actually a nice package, with a booklet and key guide, so I'm happy to have it, and more importantly it all worked.

Edited by Novation
typo