Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Take note, this sim is not ready for flying airliners.

9 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Probably it was expected, yeah. But you know, I had some hope. 

Not talking about the system depth when comparing the defaults - fly it once and you'll see.

I am usually quite defensive when people from XP come over here criticizing, but I know you are just as tough on things not working in XP. 😉

I had some hope before I saw some of the leaks of the A320. And in general there are still sooo many bugs. Like localizers not getting captured correctly, autopilots not working properly, control issues, inertia issues ...

As you said correctly, for a simmer this is BETA state. For a gamer it might be alright. But I also don't see any fundamental flaws that aren't fixable.

As I enjoy already very much what is there (especially VFR), I am patient and let them sort these issues out. It might take a while, but it'll be fine.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

"X-Plane advocate and expert (hardware, rendering settings, datarefs, tweaks, ect.). When I am not posting I am probably banned at the moment. Usually for advocating X-Plane in the P3D forum, my guilty little pleasure."

From his own profile.

He's a troll folks. Move on.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

There are so many stutters / pauses at larger hubs, I don't know where to start. It doesn't have to do with settings, I lowered all of them for testing purposes. It's a hot mess at this point... In this state, it's a clear AVOID... I am running a 9900K with a OC 1080ti, 16GB of RAM, fresh Windows 10.

There's that "hot mess" phrase again for about the forth time today from you, very hard to take you seriously when you just keep posting the same unsubstantiated generic stuff up. Plenty of people with lesser hardware than you are getting good performance on medium and high settings, so you're either deliberately trolling (see below quote) or something in your system doesn't agree with the new MFS. You don't state resolution, are you trying to run it in 4K by any chance?

6 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

"X-Plane advocate and expert (hardware, rendering settings, datarefs, tweaks, ect.). When I am not posting I am probably banned at the moment. Usually for advocating X-Plane in the P3D forum, my guilty little pleasure." From his own profile. He's a troll folks. Move on.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

3 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

"X-Plane advocate and expert (hardware, rendering settings, datarefs, tweaks, ect.). When I am not posting I am probably banned at the moment. Usually for advocating X-Plane in the P3D forum, my guilty little pleasure."

From his own profile.

He's a troll folks. Move on.

If you look at my excellent post/cred ratio, you will find out that you're wrong.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-

Currently giving X-Plane 12.10 a spin on Shadow PC. 10 years with X-Plane now, since 10.20

1 minute ago, ckyliu said:

There's that "hot mess" phrase again for about the forth time today from you, very hard to take you seriously when you just keep posting the same unsubstantiated generic stuff up. Plenty of people with lesser hardware than you are getting good performance on medium and high settings, so you're either deliberately trolling (see below quote) or something in your system doesn't agree with the new MFS. You don't state resolution, are you trying to run it in 4K by any chance?

I just figured "hot mess" is the best phrase to describe the state.

And no 4K - I quit when I found that even in 1080 with 70% res scale (that amounts to less than 720p), it wouldn't help with the issues. Rest assured I know what I am doing.

-

Currently giving X-Plane 12.10 a spin on Shadow PC. 10 years with X-Plane now, since 10.20

I just installed a few mins ago and just flew out of Heathrow with everything maxed out and at 2k and it was smooth for me in the airbus. Running i9700k, 32gb ram, geforce 2070 super. Occasional stutters but every other sim is the same

• Like 3

When we saw, months ago, that the FS20 team gave the priority to a large number of default aircraft instead of focusing  on half a dozen of them, we knew then that the default would be business as usual. I suspect that the  marketing geniuses of the MS Xbox division  are to blame here more than the Asobo engineers. Typical. Jorge Neuman defensively arguing recently that the default aircraft had no depth because they wanted to let the field open to TPD was pretty lame.

Anyway, let me rephrase the issue.

The  FSX Boeing airliner was word not allowed. The Asobo 320  and 748 seem way better. Far from perfect but aren’t they good enough to give a taste of what an airliner à la PMDG or FSL is, and thus, giving the wish to go beyond the default experience ?

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

the default [airliners] would be business as usual.

I don't think they are at all, they're a lot better than any previous MS sim in terms of systems depth (graphics goes without saying), never before have we had an FMS out the box. You could argue they're broadly comparable to the default Xplane 737 (without the Zibo addon),

• Upvote 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Its not meant for hardcore simmers. Its meant for console players using a joypad shouting: "look mom, im a real pilot" while they loop a 747. 

Want to have proper physics and navigation, go DCS

• Like 6

Just now, ckyliu said:

I don't think they are at all, they're a lot better than any previous MS sim in terms of systems depth (graphics goes without saying), never before have we had an FMS out the box. You could argue they're broadly comparable to the default Xplane 737 (without the Zibo addon),

I do not disagree with you as re-reading my post, I feel I didn’t make myself clear, I am afraid. 

There were a lot of expectations early on about default aircraft being near study level. We were not totally naive, maybe a tad optimistic though. 

Yes, the airliners seem better than they were at release in any other FS* version and should give a taste of what an airliner is, which was my conclusion. But they are not as good as they could have been. And there is a contrast between what the team was saying a year ago and what Neuman tells us now. 

*I don’t know anything about the XP environment

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

54 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

I added them.

But my point is, this is not a specs thing. Some parts of the sim are performing well and smooth, there's no doubt about that. But the experience at large hubs in an airliner - is just very patchy at this point. 

What do you call large hub? Because I don't have any stutters at nyc or lax in any of the airliners

• Like 1

I keep seeing some opinions that are a bit harder to read/understand from non real pilots and trust me im a guy that loves to agree to disagree . 
The default AC are not meant to be compared to something lets say pmdg like . This is a overall great WORK IN PROGRESS since as we go there’s more fixes to come . 

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

10 minutes ago, Boby said:

Its not meant for hardcore simmers. Its meant for console players using a joypad shouting: "look mom, im a real pilot" while they loop a 747. 

Want to have proper physics and navigation, go DCS

Umm no, get a pilots license like a lot of us on here. 

• Like 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

After a day of testing, I came to the conclusion that the sim is at best in beta state when it comes to flying the included airliners. There are so many stutters / pauses at larger hubs, I don't know where to start. It doesn't have to do with settings, I lowered all of them for testing purposes. It's a hot mess at this point. Of course the included airliners were expected to be nothing to write home about to start with, but just to make that clear, the default 737 in XP11 is an order of magnitude better in all respects.

It will take a lot of patches to make this an enjoyable experience for flying airliners. In this state, it's a clear AVOID.

Just for reference, I am running a 9900K with a OC 1080ti, 16GB of RAM, fresh Windows 10. But as I stated above, these stutters and overall slugishness isn't cured by lowering settings. 

16bg RAM...there is your reason for the stutters

• Like 1

Lukas Dalton