Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Take note, this sim is not ready for flying airliners.

1 minute ago, FlyBaby said:

Some YT reviewers were showing as much as 21GB usage...

The sim will utilise more RAM if it's available, it "lives within its means"

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

2 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

Some YT reviewers were showing as much as 21GB usage...

Yes, and they all get the same stutters. You got a stutter free video on hand?

I know so many programs that will just fill up whatever amount of RAM you give them (for example Photoshop), it's not a real benchmark. I am not saying my RAM can't be the culprit, but it's just very hard to believe. I never, ever had "RAM related stutters".

-

Currently giving X-Plane 12.10 a spin on Shadow PC. 10 years with X-Plane now, since 10.20

1 minute ago, Colonel X said:

Yes, and they all get the same stutters. You got a stutter free video on hand?

I don't...for any of the 3 main sims...some say YT vids are bad for judging such things..

I don’t see why if I don’t see  a performance issue I have to act like there is one . Is not like people are ignoring there’s stuttering,you can’t make things up just to agree with someone else. People with different systems are getting mixed results even with top end systems .

• Upvote 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

1 minute ago, hangar said:

Grasping at straws here, but has anyone tested performance in offline mode where you're not needing to stream or download any scenery from internet?

Yep, it is faster for me, but of course doesn't look as nice..

• Like 1

I got identical performance like with XP11 b17 except graphics 1000 times better.

I'm running i9-10900, 32G RAM, GTX2080 Super. All graphics settings are on ULTRA

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

19 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

CPU/GPU temps are fine, and there's nothing running in the background. I'm no noob to this. Turning off AI is the first thing I did, as many ppl stated it helps. I didn't turn "everything to the lowest" though, if I want a bad looking sim running with 100FPS, I'd install FSX (and still get stutters). My point is, I lowered every setting reasonably and checked it's impact. There is no impact, of course FPS goes up, but the stutters and pauses remain.

By setting everything to lowest, I don't mean forever, but, it can help isolate if there's a setting or a combination which cause the stutters. Then you can turn everything else up, and keep the problematic settings lower until a patch arrives. Just a thought.

I'm very pleasantly surprised with the performance on my machine (1920x1080), just using the standard "high-end" preset, haven't noticed any form of stutters, even the 787 in SFO was buttery smooth which I was surprised at after seeing so many reports of it not being frame friendly.

In saying that, relating to the thread title, I have no idea how a highly detailed airliner expansion (a la PMDG) will perform. Here's to hoping  add-ons will be extremely well optimized!!

• Like 1

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

I'm also on a 1080Ti and noticing the stutter/jittery performance. Thinking it might have something to do with the 2-series Nvidia cards being better optimised than the 1-series. I've noticed the same for videos posted online.

Assuming that we all report our true experience there must be a reason why some people have massive stutters and others don't, reasons that are beyond specs. What puzzles me is the massive deterioration from Beta to release version. The one reason that comes to my mind is indeed the data streaming. There were a couple of thousand alpha testers. Now there are probably hundreds of thousands of users. If the servers cannot cope with this load then the scenery loading time would increase. Maybe not noticeable if you have a 1 GB connection but below that. I will try a clean driver install now and the offline mode. 

Hans

1 minute ago, goreckm said:

By setting everything to lowest, I don't mean forever, but, it can help isolate if there's a setting or a combination which cause the stutters. Then you can turn everything else up, and keep the problematic settings lower until a patch arrives. Just a thought.

Yeah, that's the comprehensive way to do this. I did try to isolate the issue, I just didn't go to the lowest settings. I am sure in the following weeks we're getting an article that spills it all, as in "performance impact of every single rendering setting in %".

-

Currently giving X-Plane 12.10 a spin on Shadow PC. 10 years with X-Plane now, since 10.20

3 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Assuming that we all report our true experience there must be a reason why some people have massive stutters and others don't, reasons that are beyond specs. What puzzles me is the massive deterioration from Beta to release version. The one reason that comes to my mind is indeed the data streaming. There were a couple of thousand alpha testers. Now there are probably hundreds of thousands of users. If the servers cannot cope with this load then the scenery loading time would increase. Maybe not noticeable if you have a 1 GB connection but below that. I will try a clean driver install now and the offline mode. 

It's not the streaming. The stutters are already very obvious in the preflight cinematic.

On a side note, a dev that developed a scenery streaming system that causes stutters when sth can't be loaded deserves a special place in hell. 

-

2 hours ago, Martin Byrde said:

it all depends on your tech and internet speed..........i have no stutters and high fps(50-100fps) on ultra settings on my 2month old pc.

I doubt it will only be internet and tech. I have some hickups too. They can easliy leas for 5 to 10 seconds. Airliners are absolutly rushed out and far beyond the GA

100MBIT available speed

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 2004
Installed on 20200501
OS Build 19041.388
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Latest Nvidia Drivers

i9 10900K @ 5.0 Ghz | HT ON | 1.32V | AffinityMask=87381
Mainboard ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490
32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz Corsair Vengeance | 4x8GB
RTX Titan 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor using 4k
Custom Water Cooling | 2x 360MM | 1x 240MM Radiator
HP Reverb v2 VR HMD | Steam VR

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

The stutters are already very obvious in the preflight cinematic

...but that's just a loading screen is it not? Loading screens typically stutter and pause regardless. What does it hurt to test in offline mode just to note any perceived perf. differences?

Edited by hangar