Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Carenado 182 Skylane for MFS available

I'm curious if anyone has bought this and tried it out? How does it compare to the one in MFS? Better or worse?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I bought it and tried it out already. The plane itself looks amazing! The avionics look very similar to those in X-Plane and P3D. I'm not sure if there is any difference between Carenado's G1000 and Microsoft's since I haven't flown any other G1000 equipped planes in the new sim. When I choose a livery, on the choose livery screen, they all look the same, but each one actually is a different one once in the sim. Not sure if this is a bug. The only thing I don't like is the sound package. It is very loud, and has a weird high pitched sound at higher rpm. As far as the flight model, it does feel pretty realistic, a step up from the FSX/P3D version. I do really like the plane.

• Like 6

Where is this plane available? I went to the Carenado web site and found nothing for FS2020

2 minutes ago, mikegrr said:

Where is this plane available? I went to the Carenado web site and found nothing for FS2020

In the marketplace 

Somehow it says that my account does not allow access to the market place. I don't know how this is supposed to work. I am logged in to AVsim.

Any help?

1 minute ago, mikegrr said:

Somehow it says that my account does not allow access to the market place. I don't know how this is supposed to work. I am logged in to AVsim.

Any help?

The in-game marketplace 4 msfs

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 minutes ago, mikegrr said:

Any help?

The in game marketplace. If it is greyed out, restart your game

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

1 hour ago, monica6211 said:

I bought it and tried it out already. The plane itself looks amazing! The avionics look very similar to those in X-Plane and P3D. I'm not sure if there is any difference between Carenado's G1000 and Microsoft's since I haven't flown any other G1000 equipped planes in the new sim. When I choose a livery, on the choose livery screen, they all look the same, but each one actually is a different one once in the sim. Not sure if this is a bug. The only thing I don't like is the sound package. It is very loud, and has a weird high pitched sound at higher rpm. As far as the flight model, it does feel pretty realistic, a step up from the FSX/P3D version. I do really like the plane.

Does it let you change your ATC registration numbers like the default planes do?

Ooooo.Still downloading msfs. I'll check it out when it finally finishing downloading..its been several hours, but it is working.

2 hours ago, decker89 said:

Does it let you change your ATC registration numbers like the default planes do?

Yes, and it shows up properly on the fuselage, like it was part of the livery.

• Like 3

@monica6211 Is the pricing the same as for FSX/P3D?

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, monica6211 said:

Is it nose heavy on landing?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Is it nose heavy on landing?

That is a hard one to answer. I am still getting used to setting up my controls, so my trim wheel is overly sensitive, so I still need to do some tweaking on my controls. To me, yes it does feel a bit nose heavy, especially compared to the 172.

Looks nice, but no synthetic vision? Isn't it using the default mfs g1000? If so how come it's missing that feature. Would love to know how this plane compares to the C172 G1000 in MFS. The textures look amazingly high quality in the default planes.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU