Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

CH Pro Yoke and Pro Pedals Unsupported???

Just now, Agrajag said:

Be aware that the Alpha has a Heading bug, er bug where it jumps 10 degrees with each touch. The fix for this is simple and I posted about it in the Tips section (waiting for a moderator to add it). Basically just remove strange, unusable binds for buttons 31-34 for magnetos.

Thanks, I'll check that out. I had noticed that 10 degree issue.

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

2 hours ago, jbcallender said:

I, too was quite surprised that two of the most common control devices were completely ignored.

This speaks to the issue of who was invited into the alpha and beta processes and underscores some POOR choices. It's a myopic problem that happens often in communities like this one. You want people like Squirrel and the other big youtubers on board, but they're also the ones that have top of the line setups. Nearly all of those guys love telling us about their 1080ti's and 2080ti's, etc., and their $800 pedals.... So the problem gets to be that they think everything works and they never touch the lowest common denominator and that's a HUGE mistake in developement.

• Upvote 1

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

5 minutes ago, Shug said:

Thanks, I'll check that out. I had noticed that 10 degree issue.

NP. In fact this is a bit telling. It was apparently reported to Asobo during beta and it wasn't fixed. That tells us, pretty clearly, just how under the gun Asobo has been when no one could take the 10 minutes it would have taken to remove the 4 assignments on this device before it shipped. No coding involved. Kind of eye-opening to me.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

10 hours ago, n4gix said:

I got up this morning to find that zero progress had been made on the download. The blue bar was stuck where it was when  went to bed! I used the three-finger salute to kill the process and tried again to get the installation working again. No such luck as it froze at the same  spot.

Bill if you had got on our private developer Discord group you would have learned there is a bug where the loading screen gets stuck and you have to restart max to get to the download screen. Hit me up if you would like to join our group.

Edited by Flysimware

I have all CH Pro stuff and it all works. I have to calibrate the throttle and pedals, periodically, via the CH Control Manager/Calibration tool. It is annoying that this set of controllers is never included in any simulators as known hardware. It isn't in X-Plane or Elite Dangerous or anything. Boo. However, it is much better than having to use 3rd party products to get my controllers to work effectively.

So yeah. The first hour or so of any new program is spent mapping axis and buttons.

This is across all simulators (the need to calibrate). I don't know why and I wish I had the Thrustmaster Warthog along with some nice pedals. But, money doesn't grow on trees--if only!

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I assumed any controller works. You do not want to use the default anyways. You need to add an assignment then it has you create a custom name for your joystick custom setup. So sounds like it just does not setup default function for CH products but they will work fine. I will find out in 2 more hours. I already helped a friend setup his joysticks with no issues.

Edited by Flysimware

3 hours ago, Agrajag said:

This speaks to the issue of who was invited into the alpha and beta processes and underscores some POOR choices. It's a myopic problem that happens often in communities like this one. You want people like Squirrel and the other big youtubers on board, but they're also the ones that have top of the line setups. Nearly all of those guys love telling us about their 1080ti's and 2080ti's, etc., and their $800 pedals.... So the problem gets to be that they think everything works and they never touch the lowest common denominator and that's a HUGE mistake in developement.

Sorry, not true. I and plenty of other CH Products users were in the beta. There were message threads about other controllers being used as well and plenty of issues with the controller bindings. I have to admit I was surprised the release version did not contain a set of default bindings for my CH Flight Yoke, but ti only took about 10 minutes to set it up manually.

5 hours ago, Donstim said:

Sorry, not true. I and plenty of other CH Products users were in the beta. There were message threads about other controllers being used as well and plenty of issues with the controller bindings. I have to admit I was surprised the release version did not contain a set of default bindings for my CH Flight Yoke, but ti only took about 10 minutes to set it up manually.

That's good to know. Thanks. However that's also more concerning that you were involved but essentially ignored. I refuse to believe that the testing process was just a stunt, but clearly some sort of ball dropping happened here. As noted, the Alpha yoke had a reported problem that would have taken 10 minutes to fix for an intern. That points to utter stress during the testing period. (my background imcludes two decades in professional QA testing and development in the games industry). Someone from Asobo is going to need to speak up soon or the community is going to end up eating its own here. 

11 hours ago, Agrajag said:

I took an hour this morning and got everything assigned to my liking.  I intend to use MSFS for GA flying and working on basic flight skills until some good study level A/C are available. We'll see how it goes with Vatsim and Navigraph implementations.  The scenery is remarkable after taking just one little circuit around my home area.  I don't feel like there was any FPS stress, although my CPU was running a little hotter than under P3D.

Jeff Callender

7 hours ago, Donstim said:

Very curious how you setup your CH yoke.  

Matt Wilson

1 minute ago, mpw8679 said:

Very curious how you setup your CH yoke.  

It doesn't help that the interface for this is really poor. 

If you go to Controls, select the Pedals and then go (oddly) to the Search box at the top and clear any binding that may be there and just hit the toe brake in question or move the pedals for the normal rudder axis, then the program will populate this with the right input. The PROBLEM is, if you then click the Sensitivities button (upper left) and watch what happens there when you move the rudder about, what you see is just somehow wrong and doesn't at all match what you see from the Windows Game Controller Properties tool (which shows a nice smooth movement).

16 hours ago, Chapstick said:

I seriously don't understand how it's possible for toe brakes on the pedals to be working for some but not others. I'm doing exactly what you're saying and it's definitely not working right.

If you go into Windows Control Panel and open up the Pro Pedals, does the X-Y axis respond when you move the toe brakes? 

If it does, then you are mapping things incorrectly in FS2020. If they do not, most likely the wire to one or the other toe brake has broken and you need to fix the physical wire. 

I was able to fairly easily create profiles for my CH Eclipse yoke and MFG Crosswind pedals, and now have full functionality at least until the SimConnect issues with FSUIPC7 get ironed out.  My question in the meantime is, does anybody know where these profiles are saved to your PC?  I'd like to back them up somewhere in case I need them for some reason.

Christopher Sargeant | Worldwide Virtual WW2464

Spoiler

Sim PC Specs: i7-11700F @ 2.5 Ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB | 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM | Windows 11 Pro | P3D v5.3 hf2 | MSFS | TrackIR 5

15 hours ago, n4gix said:

Use these keybindings for the CH Pedal toe brakes:

• Left Brake - Joystick L - Axis X+
  • Right Brake-Joystick L-Axis Y+
  • Axis Rudder Set   Joystick L - Axis Z

Please list the same thing for the yoke and throttle quad if you have it.  I can't figure out whether to use L or R and then why you would pick X vs Y vs Z.  thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000