Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

CH Pro Yoke and Pro Pedals Unsupported???

Harry

5 minutes ago, HarryVoyager said:

If you go into Windows Control Panel and open up the Pro Pedals, does the X-Y axis respond when you move the toe brakes? 

Harry, watch Squirrel's video. Do you see how his Sensitivities action works? Now look at what happens when you do the same with the CH Pedals. TOTALLY different response. The way it's SUPPOSED to work is for the dot to move fully from one end of the curve/line to the other end matching your action of pushing the toe brake. It doesn't do this for any CH rudder pedal person I've checked with. Instead it goes all the way up/down that curve about the time you reach the middle of the toe brake push and then oddly (and wrongly) goes back down the same path as you continue to push. Think about how the sim is dealing with that. Oh, you're pushing the brake. No you're not. The more you push, the less there's brake. I've flown off five runways now and counting.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

35 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

It doesn't do this for any CH rudder pedal person I've checked with. Instead it goes all the way up/down that curve about the time you reach the middle of the toe brake push and then oddly (and wrongly) goes back down the same path as you continue to push.

Check my previous post. That is why you must use only the X+, Y+ and Z for the pedals and brake bindings. That way you are only using the positive half of the curve.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Got mine working (CH Yoke and Peddles).  Does anyone know how to get throttle mapping to adjust more than one engine?  I have the throttle mapped but once I'm in the jets only one throttle moves where I need both to move to advance the two engines.  Reverse throttle is another thing that's not working on my end.  Thanks in advance guys.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

26 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Please list the same thing for the yoke and throttle quad if you have it.  I can't figure out whether to use L or R and then why you would pick X vs Y vs Z.  thanks.

Just click in the assignment search field and move/press the axis or button you need. The sim will detect it for you to validate.

Edited by Rimshot

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

22 hours ago, n4gix said:

"...  Say what? Probably the most commonly used yoke and pedals have no official support? Yikes!..."

That was then, this is now. MSFS also does not support Sidewinder joysticks, once one of the most widely-used joysticks (nor should it have to). Sure, lots of folks still make great use of their CH products, and the products are great, however, many of them are not even supported by CH any longer.

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

Donstim,

I have CH yoke and Pedal. I can't  program them . It is complicated for me to assign controls . I am glad to read you succeeded.

Is it possible, if you  can give me directions to  how to  program😧  my CH Yoke and Pedals.

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

38 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Please list the same thing for the yoke and throttle quad if you have it.  I can't figure out whether to use L or R and then why you would pick X vs Y vs Z.  thanks.

Here are the bindings I've set for the CH Pro Yoke:

• Ailerons: Joystick L-Axis X
  • Elevator: Joystick L-Axis Y
  • Decrease Flaps: 7
  • Increase Flaps: 8
  • Elevator Trim Down: 12
  • Elevator Trim Up: 11
  • Toggle Landing Gear: 6
  • Throttle: Joystick R-Axis Z
  • Prop: Joystick R-Axis Y
  • Mixture: Joystick R--Axis X

For the CH Pro Pedals:

• Left Brake - Joystick L - Axis X+
  • Right Brake-Joystick L-Axis Y+
  • Axis Rudder Set   Joystick L - Axis Z

That's not all I'm going to map, but it is enough to get me flying!

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

4 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Here are the bindings I've set for the CH Pro Yoke:

• Ailerons: Joystick L-Axis X
  • Elevator: Joystick L-Axis Y
  • Decrease Flaps: 7
  • Increase Flaps: 8
  • Elevator Trim Down: 12
  • Elevator Trim Up: 11
  • Toggle Landing Gear: 6
  • Throttle: Joystick R-Axis Z
  • Prop: Joystick R-Axis Y
  • Mixture: Joystick R--Axis X

For the CH Pro Pedals:

• Left Brake - Joystick L - Axis X+
  • Right Brake-Joystick L-Axis Y+
  • Axis Rudder Set   Joystick L - Axis Z

That's not all I'm going to map, but it is enough to get me flying!

Amazing, thank you.

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

30 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Check my previous post. That is why you must use only the X+, Y+ and Z for the pedals and brake bindings. That way you are only using the positive half of the curve.

I hear ya. The problem is, that's what I have in my setup, exactly and it's still behaving as I noted.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

1 hour ago, Rimshot said:

Just click in the assignment search field and move/press the axis or button you need. The sim will detect it for you to validate.

Exactly. There is no need to know whether it is joystick axis X+, Z, Y, or button xyz, or whatever. Just go to the input that you want to assign and do exactly as you say. Be sure to use the "axis" inputs for elevator, aileron, throttle, and brakes. Once you understand this, it is almost trivial to set up a controller (at least for the bindings, not necessarily the sensitivity).

Even if there was a default set of bindings for the CH controllers, I would still want to be able to see what they are and change them to my liking.

Edited by Donstim

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Toggle Landing Gear: 6

Not sure if you set it like this intentionally, but it is now possible to use seperate gear up en gear down assignments. I have 6 for gear down and 5 for gear up.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1 minute ago, Rimshot said:

Not sure if you set it like this intentionally, but it is now possible to use seperate gear up en gear down assignments. I have 6 for gear down and 5 for gear up.

I did that deliberately, but I *may* do as you did. Right at the moment 5 is used for Toggle Lights.

I did notice one 'command' that makes zero sense: "Blow Horn". Say what?

Fr. Bill    

3 hours ago, Agrajag said:

Harry

Harry, watch Squirrel's video. Do you see how his Sensitivities action works? Now look at what happens when you do the same with the CH Pedals. TOTALLY different response. The way it's SUPPOSED to work is for the dot to move fully from one end of the curve/line to the other end matching your action of pushing the toe brake. It doesn't do this for any CH rudder pedal person I've checked with. Instead it goes all the way up/down that curve about the time you reach the middle of the toe brake push and then oddly (and wrongly) goes back down the same path as you continue to push. Think about how the sim is dealing with that. Oh, you're pushing the brake. No you're not. The more you push, the less there's brake. I've flown off five runways now and counting.

When you calibrated the CH pedals, did you use the CH Control Manager software, or the default Windows interface? I'm wondering if what you are seeing is the game interpreting it -max to positive max, instead of a slider type mode. 

I don't have my pro pedals, so can't directly compar, but I was using them on my laptop earlier with MSFS, and because CH Manager didn't play nice, I was having to use the default USB device, which made the calibration and binding process a bit wonky, but it worked. 

1 hour ago, asanal said:

Donstim,

I have CH yoke and Pedal. I can't  program them . It is complicated for me to assign controls . I am glad to read you succeeded.

Is it possible, if you  can give me directions to  how to  program😧  my CH Yoke and Pedals.

Thanks

Okay, I will try a step-by-step instruction set. I can't verify 100% accuracy as it just represents how I have done it. I don't know of any official documentation about setting up controllers and did not consult any other source.

1. First make sure you have your CH Yoke and Pedals plugged in and recognized by Windows. FYI, I am using the CH Flight Sim Yoke and Pro Pedals I suggest not having any other controllers (other than keyboard and mouse) plugged in. (It shouldn't matter for setup, but I've had strange things happen when flying if I had multiple controllers plugged in.)

2. Launch MSFS. At the top of the screen, select the "Options" tab, then select "Controls."

3. You should see the available controls listed along the top of the Controls selection window. For example, for me it is keyboard, mouse, CH Flight Sim Yoke USB, and CH Pro Pedals USB. If you have not set up any controller profiles yet, it will say "default" under each controller.  You can have multiple controller "profiles" for each controller and select between them here. Very helpful if you want to use different controller profiles for different airplanes or different types of flying.

4.Select the controller you want to set up. For this instruction set, I am selecting the CH Flight SIm Yoke USB. Beneath the names of the controllers, the window is separated into 3 parts. The left has "Sensitivity," where you can set sensitivity and dead zones for each of the detected controller axes, "Search," where you can search for a specific input, "Filter," where you can filter which control inputs are shown in the middle portion of the window, and "Expand/Collapse all," where you can expand or collapse all of the control input types shown in the middle portion of the window. The middle third of the window shows the control inputs you have selected to be shown by your selection in the left third of the window. The right third of the window provides a description of the control input selected in the middle portion of the window.

5. For the "Filter" selection (in the left third of the window), click on one of the arrow buttons until "ALL" is displayed.This will show all of the possible control input categories that can be assigned to the Flight Sim Yoke USB controller in the middle third of the window. You can then either expand/collapse each category individually to see all of the individual inputs by clicking on the category in the middle portion of the window, or you can expand/collapse all of them at once by clicking on the :"Expand/Collapse All" in the left third of the window. 

6. Here is how I have my yoke set up. You may choose to make different assignments, but the process is the same. First i set up my POV "hat" (or whatever you call the thing at the top of the right side of the yoke. I prefer to be able to scan around the cockpit with it in internal cockpit view and like to switch the view to 90 degrees left and right or forward and backward when in external view. I have it move to the next/previous panel when in instrument panel view. Click on "Cockpit Camera." Scroll down to "Cockpit Look Down." Click in the 1st dark gray box to the right of "Cockpit Look Down." (No, I don't know why there are two boxes here.)  In the window that pops up, click in the blank box that faintly says "Search by Input." Move the Flight Sim Yoke POV hat toward you (down). That should put a "POV with down facing arrow symbol" in the empty box. Select "Validate." (Note: If iI remember correctly, the first time you attempt to bind a controller input, I think you will be prompted to name a new profile. Go ahead and do that or accept the name it assigns.) Go through the same procedure for "Cockpit Look Left," "Cockpit Look Right," and "Cockpit Look Up," moving the POV hat on the yoke in the appropriate direction for each input. There, you are done with the cockpit camera. Scroll back up and click on "Cockpit Camera" to collapse the list of inputs to get them out of the way.

. Click on "External Camera." Scroll down to "External Quickview Left." Click in the 1st gray box to the right. In the popup window, click in the box for "Search by input." Move the Flight Sim Yoke POV hat to the left. It will put the POV left arrow in that box. There will also be a warning that pops up below that that says, "This is already used somewhere else. Do you want to bind it anyway?". It will show you that it has been used for "Cockpit Look Left." Since these two bindings are used in different view modes and therefore do not conflict with each other, go ahead and click on "Validate." Just remember that you will get such a warning whenever you try to bind a controller input that is already being used somewhere else. This is a nice feature that may save you some aggravation later if you inadvertently bind some conflicting actions. Go through the same process to bind "External Quickview Rear" to the down POV input, "External Quickveiw Right" to the right POV input, and "External Quickview Top" to the up PV input. Scroll back up and collapse the "External Camera" category.

8. Click on "Instrument Views." I bind the "Previous Instrument View" to the POV left input and "Next Instrument View" to the POV right input. Collapse the "Camera category.

9. Let's do the major control axes next. Then we can work on the buttons. Click on "Flight Control Surfaces." Then click on "Primary Control Surfaces." Click on the 1st empty gray box to the right of "Ailerons Axis." Click in the "Search by input" box. Rotate the yoke left or right (doesn't matter which). You should see a "Joystick L-Axis X show" in the box. Click "Validate." Go to "Elevator Axis" and do the same thing except pull or push the yoke in or out instead of rotating it left or right. You should see "Joystick L-Axis Y" in the box. Click "Validate" and you are done with the yoke fight control axes inputs. For each of the axes inputs, you can see how the control input responds to movements of the controller by watching the white bar bar shown under the controller input name. (For example, I can see that my aileron axis control is a bit jittery and my elevator control does not readily return to center after release.)

10. Next I set the gray up/down "switch" on the top left of the yoke to control elevator trim. Collapse the "Primary Control Surfaces" category, and expand the "Control Trimming Surfaces" category. Scroll down to the last 2 inputs in that category -- Elevator Trim Down (Nose Down and Elevator Trim Up (Nose Up). I bind the top portion of the gray switch (input 11) to elevator trim down and the bottom portion (input 12) to elevator trim up.

11. For the buttons, the procedure is essentially the same. For the landing gear category, I bind pushing down on the first toggle switch to the right of the yoke (input 6) to the "Gear Down" input,and pulling up on that toggle (input 5) to "Gear Up." I use the toggle to the right of that one for raising and lower the flaps one notch at a time. For that I use the "Decrease Flaps" and "Increase Flaps" under the "Secondary Control Surfaces" sub-category under "Flight Control Surfaces."

12. On to power management. Expand that category. In the "Mixture" sub-category, bind the "Mixture Axis (-100% to 100%) to the mixture control on the yoke. In the "Propeller" sub-category, bind the "Propeller Axis" to the propeller control on the yoke. And in the "Throttle" sub-category, bind the "Throttle Axis" to the yoke, throttle control.

13. At this point, you should have it down, so I'll leave programming the rest of the yoke buttons up to you. Finish up the yoke bindings by clicking on "Apply and Save" at the bottom of the screen,then select the CH Pro Pedals USB at the top of the screen to set the rudder and toe brake bindings. Set the filter to all inputs, then under the "Brakes" category click on the 1st gray box to the right of the "Left Brake Axis" input. Click in the "Search by Input" box and then push on the top of the left rudder pedal for the left toe brake. You should see "Joystick L-Axis X" in the box. Click "Validate." (Note: somewhere in this process you will be asked to name/save a new profile of you CH pedals.) Do the same for the "Right Brake Axis" and press on the top of the right rudder pedal (toe brake). Click "Validate." You can confirm proper operation by looking at the white bars underneath the axes control names while pressing on the top of each rudder pedal.

14. Expand the "Flight Control Surfaces" category. Under the "Primary Control Surfaces" sub-category, click in the 1st gray box the the right of "Rudder Axis.). Select "Search by Input" and then move your rudder pedals (either direction). You should get a "Joystick L-Axis Z" in the box. Click "Validate," then confirm proper operation by watching the white bar under the rudder axis input name while moving the rudder pedals."Click on Apply and Save" at the bottom of the screen. 

I hope this helps (and that I didn't make to many errors).

• Like 2

One thing I can add: you do NOT need to install the CH Control Manager Software. I have a clean installation of Windows 10 and I set up the CH Yoke, Peddals and Quadrant without ever having installed that. I suggest you uninstall it if you have it, unless you have a very specific reason for needing it. Just check that these devices show up in Windows - Control Panel > Devices and Printers. You should not need to do any calibration, But you can check That they are calibrated there. They just work. Windows 10 supports these controllers perfectly without any need for additional drivers.

Then, when you get into the sim, follow Donstim’s detailed guide above. There are also videos on YT on how to set up controllers. Initially it seems unintuitive but it is actually logical and easy once you grasp it.

Some are saying that CH Products controllers are not supported by MSFS2020. That is not a correct statement. They just need to be manually programmed. Which is a good thing, as seldom would default Pre-programmed assignments suit everyone anyway.

Lastly, I found that by adjusting the sensitivity curve to -40% on the rudder axis and -25% on the elevator axis improved controllability significantly. This compensates for some overly aggressive control surface modeling on the default aircraft. 

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor