Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Well LM...

30 minutes ago, bills511 said:

Agree. And why they didn't retain the keyboard commands. Flew around my part of town (Indy) and was impressed with the scenery and live weather. Everything appeared to be correct. Still trying to figure out how the get seasons. Changed date to Nov. and still had summer textures.

There are no seasons in it. Just Snow via shading modelling. Seasons not yet. Also the Sun Angle and light does fit to the seasons. But not the trees, leafs, ground textures. But honestly I find at not that missing as a thought. With lights and shading there is a lot they can do. Snow does also look great. The two missing seasons will come for sure...with some delay

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

30 minutes ago, bills511 said:

Agree. And why they didn't retain the keyboard commands. Flew around my part of town (Indy) and was impressed with the scenery and live weather. Everything appeared to be correct. Still trying to figure out how the get seasons. Changed date to Nov. and still had summer textures.

There are no seasons in it. Just Snow via shading modelling. Seasons not yet. Also the Sun Angle and light does fit to the seasons. But not the trees, leafs, ground textures. But honestly I find at not that missing as a thought. With lights and shading there is a lot they can do. Snow does also look great. The two missing seasons will come for sure...with some delay

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I purchased the MSFS Deluxe Premium

but I am not abandoning P3D v5. I invested so much into it, hardware and addons.

My passion is flying study Heavies such as Flight Simlabs, PMDG, Quality wings.

Looking forward to more advancement of P3D.

Bill

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

I was in the very first Alpha build for MSFS last year and I admittedly was one of those that thought all of the other sims would be done once MSFS released.  I had actually uninstalled P3D a couple months before in anticipation along with a case of 'sim boredom' (simming since 1988).  I was initially pretty excited about the new sim but over the next several months things became a bit more clear and my expectations changed a bit.  I reinstalled P3D v5 in June and reinstalled most of my addons and even bought a few new ones.  I missed the airline flying and have been simming much more frequently the past couple months with the FSL 320 and NGXu.  I did buy MSFS yesterday pretty much knowing what to expect but still ended up disappointed.  There was so much time spent testing and reporting on so many things by so many testers only to see something released that still has so very many broken features that were reported.  I do think this was rushed out for various reasons and was likely out of Asobo's hands.  That said, I do love the C-152 (did my PP training in one and instructed in them) and the Icon is pretty awesome so these will be my go-to aircraft in MSFS.  This sim for now is mostly for VFR and I do look forward to some 3rd party aircraft to be added down the road.  So for me, I have both sims installed and will use both.  P3D will be my airline sim and MS will be my GA sim.  If I want to fly at night...MSFS all the way! I look forward to LM improvements to Enhanced Atmospherics as I think that will bring P3D up to a new level.  Both sims will continue to improve and I look forward to using both for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

22 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Thanks for the info. I sort of remember no seasons yet in the prerelease videos. No big deal.

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to see what LM has done with 5.1. EA out of beta and stability improvement is a must for me. An improvement with night lighting would be a very welcome surprise. I'm still on v4.5 awaiting 5.1.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

9 hours ago, Wobbie said:

You seem to have misunderstood who LM's target market is. Their market, obviously, is the not for entertainment market, not the gaming market.

And it never could be else they violatae their own EULA....

8 hours ago, rob0203 said:

I have both simulators but in MSFS I can’t undock windows, don’t have a good airliner to fly. So staying at P3D.

I only miss in the Beta atmos more cloud layers. 

Also autopilot not functioning , and yokes , pedals not supporting . The only bait that draws customers is the graphics, it's not different than GTA game and GTA has better graphics. And one more thing i have msfs2020 my mistake.. 

After messing around with MSFS for several hours yesterday, I am now even more convinced that I made the right move by buying the PMDG 747 on sale a couple of weeks ago. MSFS definitely has a lot of promise, but as a 100% commercial airliner sim flyer, I will be sticking with P3dv5 for some time to come. I will likely fly some GA in MSFS in mean time just to continue to get used to it, but it is too bad they don't have a Piper Warrior or Piper Archer as those are what I use for RW flying.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Glad to see you guys coming back home! It is much more comfortable over here on the dark side.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I hope the 5.1 update arrives soon.

• Upvote 2

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

7 hours ago, Flic1 said:

There was so much time spent testing and reporting on so many things by so many testers only to see something released that still has so very many broken features that were reported.  I do think this was rushed out for various reasons

Its gotten to the point and has for a long time actually that games are released unfinished and the consumer is paying 60+ dollars to essentially be a beta tester. It doesn't matter what game it is, either console or PC.... Sports Games, simulations (flight/train), shooting... It just doesn't matter. This issue is everywhere and its unfortunate. Games back in the early days were tested with alot more care I feel and its probably because it wasn't possible to just release patch after patch. Very frustrating 

• Upvote 1

LOL I read that MS2020 stuff this morning and then took a nap. I dreamed that MS Flight had come back to haunt us. LOL Woke up in a cold sweat. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

4 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Updates are usually 6 month cycle approx

Then we still have a couple months wait. That stinks...

Eric