Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Well LM...

Hello  all, 

Well I have just spent the last two days just trying to set this sim up and I am still having problems. 

My first impressions.

1. This sim is NOT intuitive ... I am an old codger.

2. Just setting up controllers has proven difficult (for me)

3. People are raving about graphics, but to me, (flying only in Australia) graphics are better than XPlane11 out of the box, but NOT better than Xplane with addons. Same applies to            P3Dv4. Weather IS incredible.

4. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why they changed the UI so very much from FSX (many faults but it worked better than MSFS2020 and is easier to understand)

5. P3Dv4.t (no experience P3D5) and Xplane, at this point in time, do not have a great deal to worry about as far as competition is concerned.

6. Vast and incredible potential for a MUCH better sim in the long run with MSFS2020  and, lets face it, we are dealing with ONLY default aircraft.

7. Given that I only fly in OZ ... a. Scenery that I so far have experienced, is inaccurate but pretty, b. The "default" aircraft are not much better than P3D or Xplane, c. Weather depiction is vastly better, I believe that buying the premium deluxe  version was a mistake (for me), as there is NO benefit from airports that I do not use and 10 extra aircraft that are not really all that great.

8. Potential is incredible, but, this was released far too early, and I can only envy simmers who are really happy with this "out of the box"

Please bear in mind that this is my opinion only and that I have great hopes for its future. However, for the time being, and until it improves, I will be flying with P3D and XPlane with regular checks on MSFS progress. At this time, it is just too frustrating doing the set up compared to the rewards offered.  What I really want is good quality aircraft AND Australian scenery which is accurate and looks as good as P3D (with addons - read ORBX Australia ... YBBN being the exception)

I live with hope and anticipation .

Regards

Tony

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

The long loading screens are also really annoying in MSFS, have to get past 8 different logo and screens before starting a flight.

The p3d interface is much faster!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Wobbie said:

You seem to have misunderstood who LM's target market is. Their market, obviously, is the not for entertainment market, not the gaming market.

This is so misleading information. Where do you get that from. Where on earth does LM state that we as a consumer are not their market? 

Of course we are also "one of their customers" and of course they "earned" money with us. Without that they would already gave up on this sigment. 

Please post me the link to official LM information where I can read wich "targets" they have. 

Really appreciatet!

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

9 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

The long loading screens are also really annoying in MSFS, have to get past 8 different logo and screens before starting a flight.

It is more annoying when you are developing on it and you have to restart about 5 million times a day 😂

S.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, simbol said:

It is more annoying when you are developing on it and you have to restart about 5 million times a day 😂

S.

Than your addon get´s ready in about 25 Million days......damm....and I would really like it  to have much much earlier Simbol

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

12 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

That is a point. Right now in this moment I am waiting for 5 minutes from a flight back to my main home screen in the sim. Something is wrong I assume

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

I still have V5 and using it still, also was a Alpha insider and now have the retail Deluxe version, but will still be doing a lot of flying in V5, i think MS have shown how not to release a sim, they made a rode for their own back over marketed and rushed release. 

Me too. I enjoy the new world a lot as a future chance to get slowly over there. Now, and suerely lots of months in future and depends on LM scope and deliveries maybe for the next year too, I am really enjoying P3D too. But they have to get the new EA mode stunning and also there seems to be headroom for some performance gain. 

As a Mid and longhauler simmer I really like P3D V5. 

marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Abandoned by who? me? I am always around.. I have been just a bit busy with some flight sim projects and personal projects at home.. also, remember currently it is the "kids" holiday season in UK.. so I am taking the opportunity to spend more time with my family.

I can't tell you anything about LM plans due to NDAs... but, what I can tell you is, when LM developers are not listening to their forums, it means their keyboards are very busy doing something else..

Regards,
Simbol

Simbol. I really like your subtile words you use! Really enjoy it reading it. I wish you and your family a healthy time and lots of fun. Kids these days do not always get the earned attention they really need. So......enjoy every moment you can get. Famliy goes for business!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

45 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

This is so misleading information. Where do you get that from. Where on earth does LM state that we as a consumer are not their market? 

Of course we are also "one of their customers" and of course they "earned" money with us. Without that they would already gave up on this sigment. 

Please post me the link to official LM information where I can read wich "targets" they have. 

Really appreciatet!

Marcus

Here we go.. Clearly stating that theirs is not a consumer market. 

https://www.prepar3d.com/product-overview/prepar3d-license-comparison/

"Acceptable uses of Prepar3D include Simulation, Learning, and Training. An Academic License is provided at a discount for students.

Prepar3D is not to be used, offered, sold or distributed through markets or channels for use as a personal/consumer entertainment product."

The above is to clarify & no further discussing of any of P3D's licensing!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

That is Licence information. Consumer Entertainment.....we are consumers. That is a difference!

I knew this would come up and still is misleading. Of course WE are their customers and target market.

They are helping you, communicating with you, interacting with you vi their own forums!

Consumer entertainment is something else!

NOTE: Discussions about licences and their purposes are not allowed here. Keep this discussion on their "target market" level should hopefully not be a problem.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Ok, I got tempted and and seduced by the marketing hype and purchased MSF but will be flying P3D V5 for now. Sure, it was nice to see a building on the PR map where I stay so I ticked that off.

The view system drives me nuts, maybe I just got spoiled by chaseplane, and I gave up trying to calibrate my rudder paddles as it is not progressive at all and acts differently depending if you are in the air a on the ground and there is no Shift-Z, which I find very handy.

It was great to see that Little Navmap works but it does not play nicely with simconnect, causing a lot of stuttering in the sim.

I put a version of the Capetown waterfront I started developing for V5 on hold but I think I will continue with that 😃

• Upvote 1

Johan Pienaar

1 minute ago, pinepix62 said:

I put a version of the Capetown waterfront I started developing for V5 on hold but I think I will continue with that 😃

Please do continue!
Cape Town needs a bit of work, even after Orbx's OLC Africa. Plus there hasn't been anything regarding the city since the Aeroworx days.

Not everyone is spending every waking moment in MSFS.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

They will take a closer look to MSFS, of course.

But they also see the many quirks, smirk, and continue to focus on their development.

Their focus is the military plain and simple and not 13 year old gamers wanting to land 747s in GIB (no matter what corporate gash Simbol has been sold or led to believe from LM) 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

4. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why they changed the UI so very much from FSX (many faults but it worked better than MSFS2020 and is easier to understand)

Agree. And why they didn't retain the keyboard commands. Flew around my part of town (Indy) and was impressed with the scenery and live weather. Everything appeared to be correct. Still trying to figure out how the get seasons. Changed date to Nov. and still had summer textures.

Edited by bills511

4 hours ago, Chapstick said:

I seriously doubt the LM team is as petty and engaged in the Flight Sim Wars as some of y'all think they are. 

Don't be so sure. I remember reading that Microsoft didn't consider a DOS update ready for release until it broke Lotus 1 2 3.

Look at the current crop of political ads. People and businesses ARE that petty when power and $$$ are involved.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe