Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

A look at the new Carenado C182T FS2020

The Carenado version looks worse than the default one. 

Carenado sure have their work cut out for them. Time to up your game, Carenado!

• Upvote 1

No matter how you turn it, it remains a half baken port over from P3D/FSX. Ever heard the roaring engine off a real Cessna 182t? My little lawn mower sounds more intimidating than the carenado C182t . And yes, In addtion 24$ is a lot a money for a broken "default" G1000 avionics system. But hey, their name is on the board so why not set up a trap and make a quck buck out off it. In fact its beyond shame if you aks me and dont expect an update on it either.

• Like 2

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

On 8/20/2020 at 9:35 AM, monica6211 said:

Yes, it works, though I did not try every single function of it.

Well please do

It should be 2 axis KAP 140. They are a bit fiddly if you don't know it well

Somehow, being Carenado I doubt it is realistic.

They've just built a 180 around the existing 172.

Saying nothing ....... 🥴🤔

10 minutes ago, Smoky said:

No matter how you turn it, it remains a half baken port over from P3D/FSX. Ever heard the roaring engine off a real Cessna 182t? My little lawn mower sounds more intimidating than the carenado C182t . And yes, In addtion 24$ is a lot a money for a broken "default" G1000 avionics system. But hey, their name is on the board so why not set up a trap and make a quck buck out off it. In fact its beyond shame if you aks me and dont expect an update on it either.

Shameless is the word you're looking for.

The marketplace may be a blessing in disguise.

Some companies up to now have gotten away with a production line system. We all know who.

Patch 1.1 and that's yer lot !

People (especially newcomers) will soon find out who is creating custom 'study level'sims, and which are re-skinning the same plane on a monthly basis, which is basically a stock plane with stock systems.

But with a Star Review system on the marketplace I have a sneaky feeling things may change ... 🤔🤔🤔

Edited by Gabe777
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

So, I'm buying a plane that is a DOWNGRADE from the default version? This must be a first.....

I think Carenado will have to seriously rethink their business model.

Many default planes have synthetic vision built in, something that Carenado charged extra for, and most of the time it was wonky and bugy. 

Interesting times ahead.....

I think MSFS 2020 is going to save me a lot of money....

Indeed Sir.

MSFS could be described as having being populated with Carenado level stock aircraft.

For 50 bucks or 3.99 a month on Game Pass... What's not to like.

But don't buy the first rushed out 3rd party add-ons.

Wait for the masters of their art.

A2A, Majestic, PMDG and even Aerosoft and Justflight will have a lot to offer.

Be patient. Continue with P3D or X plane for your realism fix, and stick with MS scenery simulator for your relaxing eye candy while listening to a bit of Mozart.

.... Stalk some giraffe, buzz the White House (which is probably grey... like every other building 🤣) and explore the Himalayas...from the sofa using an Xbox controller.

Just chillax. It will evolve...eventually, and by that time in 12 to 18 months you'll have saved up for a RTX 3090 and a 10900k (or 11 series by then ?) .... You'll need one !

Edited by Gabe777

I've been flying this plane for the past few days and this thread is making me wonder if I am flying the same plane that you folks are alleging is such a crime on MSFS and their users? I think it's wonderful.

• For me, the sounds are fine, if a bit loud. I keep reading this complaint from everyone and wondering what I am missing. Fair enough, since it's such a universal moan, I'll say I could be wrong here.
  • The G1000 is MSFS's own implementation of it so yes, it's kind of lacking in the higher end features.
  • Visually, it's as good looking, if not better than, the default 172 with more fun bells and whistles than the default 172. I can open a door! Why I want to, I don't know, but I can! The first I've read that anyone thinks it's done poorly in the visual department is this thread, and I can't understand it at all. It's very good.
  • It flies like a 172 but heavier. I have only flown 172s and PA28s in the real life, so I can't compare how it really flies to the real one, but it doesn't feel like it's off significantly.

The only real issue I've come across is the constant speed prop is a push the prop handle forward and don't ever move it again kind of affair, and that seems a bit off to me. I haven't tried the default planes with a constant speed prop so this might be an issue with MSFS, or perhaps I have some auto-prop nonsense on I am unaware of. Also it seems leaning the engine is a bit of a joke, but I get that impression from all of the default planes, so I'm pointing a finger more at MSFS than Carenado.

Really the only valid complaint in my mind is the price; knock $5 or $10 off the price of the plane and you have a must buy for visuals alone. At the current price, I'd respect your decision to abstain because of the lack of a "real" G1000 or 

• Like 4

This raises the point I've been contemplating. It seems to me that only the best-funded third-party devs will have a shot at being able to provide payware aircraft that will be able to stand up to what Asobo has done here. I sort of wonder if some of them would be better off just providing "upgrade" packages to the core aircraft to make them more fully functional -- assuming MS would be okay with that. I mean, seriously, how many of these devs will have the resources to go spend the time that Asobo did sitting in the real product with the planes loaded up with microphones and having them recorded at all parts of flight? And that's just the sound. Scenery efforts will also need to take a major step up. Just look at the negative comments about the OrbX London scenery. Yesterday's effort applied to today's new, much higher standard. 

• Like 2

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

Totally agree with that assessment of it in every way ba747heavy.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

But the thing is that Asobo in modeling the default airplanes probably took a big chunk out of Carenado's mojo: great visuals, default systems and gauges, fix a few bugs, then move on to the next. 

Let's take the TBM 930 - I have no idea how you can significantly improve it in terms of visuals. Even on my crappy system it looks amazing inside and out. So, clearly, in making an addon to compete with the TBM, the focus would have to be on avionics, systems, modeling of the airplane behavior. That is not Carenado's forte. 

I looked at the videos of Carenado's C152, and, sure it looks good, but would that entice anyone to press the "buy" button? Not so sure. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

I sort of wonder if some of them would be better off just providing "upgrade" packages to the core aircraft to make them more fully functional 

Was thinking the same thing today. Milviz could do an upgrade package for the King Air rather than developing a new one which, given their slow as molasses speed in releasing stuff, would probably take 5 years. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Was thinking the same thing today. Milviz could do an upgrade package for the King Air rather than developing a new one which, given their slow as molasses speed in releasing stuff, would probably take 5 years. 

That soon eh? Man, those Milviz guys must have had an energy drink or something. 🤣

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

8 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Give 'em a break, they are working on bring the B737-200C over, just after the Cessna 310.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

@Emerson67 could be because of the twitchy pitch in the new sim...

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)