Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

A look at the new Carenado C182T FS2020

1st and only question,  does the Auto Pilot work !!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

2 hours ago, smoothchat said:

1st and only question,  does the Auto Pilot work !!

Yes, it works, though I did not try every single function of it.

Is it better and deeper elaborated than the default Cessna?

• Like 2

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

I watched that video, along with a few others, last night, as I was seriously considering buying the plane. However, as shallow as this may seem, I just could not get past the sounds.  At full throttle it sounded like an industrial sewing machine. 

A shame really, as it is the type of plane that I would very much be in the market for. And all of the other aspects of it seemed very good. I shall put my wallet away for the time being.

• Like 4

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

I agree on the sounds, they seem ported over and not using the new technology built into MFS.

Also noticed that the g1000 is worse than the default (comparing to the C172 in MFS) in that it doesn't have synthetic vision and airport diagrams.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Also noticed that the g1000 is worse than the default (comparing to the C172 in MFS) in that it doesn't have synthetic vision and airport diagrams.

Yep, good point. That's why I wouldn't get it. I just don't see myself accepting downgrades from the stock sim with payware addons. Same as with OrbX.

• Like 3

I'm extremly upset with this aircraft.  No checklist.  The sounds are horrible, handling is terrible.  As mentioned the G100 isn't complete.  sigh

Edited by KETORYP

The G1000 in the 172 I fly doesnt have synthetic vision.

It does show airspace though. No busting bravo...

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, KETORYP said:

I'm extremly upset with this aircraft.

'Extremely upset' is a bit over the top isn't it? It's a 24 quid toy aeroplane, you didn't marry the thing. 🤣

Yeah you might be a little bit annoyed at the cost, but it's not a fortune, anyone who's bought it who is not happy would soon get over it. Or possibly accept it for what it is; a reasonably okay first stab at something from a middle-range add-on developer.

In any case, nobody with any sense really seriously thought that a 24 quid add-on aeroplane was  going to have a fully-functional simulation of a G1000 in it, did they? And especially not when Carenado are the developers.

It flies reasonably well - could maybe penetrate a bit better since it is supposed to be a 182 with a beefier engine and controllable prop - but I think that's the sim's physics at fault there, not the specific add-on. Functionality aside, the glass in it has a reasonable stab at doing most of what the avionics in the real thing does and it has a few nice features, for example, it does simulate airframe icing control issues pretty well, which is good since it is a Cessna you'd be flying in IMC.

Yeah the sounds suck a bit, but let's be honest, you could link them to the sounds of another aeroplane in the sim easily enough.

My video on the thing if anyone is interested:

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

So, I'm buying a plane that is a DOWNGRADE from the default version? This must be a first.....

I think Carenado will have to seriously rethink their business model.

Many default planes have synthetic vision built in, something that Carenado charged extra for, and most of the time it was wonky and bugy. 

Interesting times ahead.....

I think MSFS 2020 is going to save me a lot of money....

25 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

So, I'm buying a plane that is a DOWNGRADE from the default version? This must be a first.....

I think Carenado will have to seriously rethink their business model.

Many default planes have synthetic vision built in, something that Carenado charged extra for, and most of the time it was wonky and bugy. 

Interesting times ahead.....

I think MSFS 2020 is going to save me a lot of money....

Yes, it’s a downgrade, and the plane modelled is far too similar to one already in the sim so it’s obviously going to be compared to the default 172.

Odd business decision by Carenado, I think almost any other plane in their stable would have been a better choice.

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

You're jumping on the bandwagon too soon. Let the product mature ~1 year then get back to it. Right now it looks like a buggy game with great graphics and it'll be like that for a long time.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

The sound was a turnoff for me.
I have bought many planes from Carenado, and I sure will again.
Just not this one.

I will wait for better payware.

• Like 1

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

43 minutes ago, PapaRomeo said:

The sound was a turnoff for me.
I have bought many planes from Carenado, and I sure will again.
Just not this one.

I will wait for better payware.

Just wait for A2A.

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."