Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Imagine where MSFS will be in 3 years?

I don't know, I found the XP 11 ALT-TAB freeze up bug on load more annoying than any MSFS bug (excluding earlier terrain issues and CTD's which 95% are fixed). XP11 was hardly a tank, maybe one with glass wheels. They all have their issues.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I am not familiar with this alt-tab block, I have never used it.
What I meant in the previous comment is that when I fly with Xplane I feel safe, the chances of my flight being interrupted due to a CTD are very rare (and I'm not using default aircraft, but very sophisticated aircraft... Toliss...FlightFactor...Rotate...Zibo... etc).
With FS2020 instead we go flying and you have to cross your fingers because the simulator can crash "randomly" without warning, even with default aircraft.
So FS2020 is not (currently) a "solid base", it is a "critical base", definitely unstable and unreliable.

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

2 hours ago, efis007 said:

With FS2020 instead we go flying and you have to cross your fingers because the simulator can crash "randomly" without warning, even with default aircraft.
So FS2020 is not (currently) a "solid base", it is a "critical base", definitely unstable and unreliable.

Keep in mind you don't speak for everyone.  I've had very few crashes (well, other than where the plane hits the ground.)  For many it is indeed solid.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

1 hour ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Keep in mind you don't speak for everyone.  I've had very few crashes (well, other than where the plane hits the ground.)  For many it is indeed solid.

Indeed.   As always, the negative voices are loudest on the internet because people who are satisfied with something are more likely to just be quiet and enjoy it, as compared to those with something to complain about -- or those with a vested interest in complaining.

I think I can count on one hand the number of times I have had a CTD in flight in 8 months of heavy usage, and at least one of those was likely due to an unstable overclock.

(Honesty demands that I do note that I've had more trouble with crashing while loading a flight, but that's not as destructive as crashing in flight, and it's been much less of an issue in the last few months.  I can only remember it happening once recently and that was due to an OOM condition.)

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

As always, the negative voices are loudest on the internet because people who are satisfied with something are more likely to just be quiet and enjoy it, as compared to those with something to complain about -- or those with a vested interest in complaining.

The truth.

But, the funny thing is that the people who complain the loudest continue to come back to the sim. 

I call this the "Carenado paradox" - I hate Carenado - let me buy a plane from Carenado - this plane I just bought from Carenado sucks - I guess I'll go buy another plane from Carenado. Lol. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, efis007 said:

I've had more stability issues with Xplane 11 overall, it also used to give me fatal exceptions on occasion. The worst though was FSX + 3rd Party Sceneries OOM errors. We have come a long ways since then. There were a few versions that had some problems in FS 2020, but the latest seems fine stability wise other than some outlier issues or some performance groans in certain situations.

I flew for several hours (almost all day yesterday), 7 different airports (many of them were addon), no CTD issues here. Just have griped about controlling landings, though the smaller planes seem to handle easier.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Keep in mind you don't speak for everyone. 

I didn't want to speak for everyone, just my opinions.
This sim currently does not give me security.
I will wait for it to mature in the next few months, and then I will resume flying it, I am in no hurry.

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

MSFS is the most stable sim / game I ever played.  I don't require points or verification for that statement.

Also 10+ builds were made for the Sims over the years.  MSFS is by far is the most stable / enjoyable and engaging.

Cheers

bs

• Like 5

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

2 hours ago, efis007 said:

I didn't want to speak for everyone, just my opinions.
This sim currently does not give me security.
I will wait for it to mature in the next few months, and then I will resume flying it, I am in no hurry.

Wish I could help you with your issues as this has been the most stable sim for me considering its release is under a year old.

Does it have it’s quirks? Yes

Am I ready and comfortable enough to invest in payware for MSFS yet? No

The three ctd’s have had in MSFS were all related to community folder addon incompatibilities.

The sim also seems to very sensitive to particular cpu and gpu hardware overlocking.
Smooth sailing otherwise for me.

I’m here to help if you have any patience left with the sim🍻

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

The truth.

But, the funny thing is that the people who complain the loudest continue to come back to the sim. 

I call this the "Carenado paradox" - I hate Carenado - let me buy a plane from Carenado - this plane I just bought from Carenado sucks - I guess I'll go buy another plane from Carenado. Lol. 

You are totally right: when people are happy with their sim they fly. When they are not happy, they complain because they want to go back to when they were happy with it.

And you find it strange?

And you find it strange that they use a flight simulator forum? What should they use, a forum on cats and dogs?

A.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

MSFS is the most stable sim / game I ever played.  I don't require points or verification for that statement.

Also 10+ builds were made for the Sims over the years.  MSFS is by far is the most stable / enjoyable and engaging.

Cheers

bs

In my nearly 40 years experience with flight simulators, MSFS is the sim that made me the happiest on day one, and simultaneously the sim that is showing the worst evolution in history.

We had something beautiful in August, with a few things to improve, but there was so much to love that I was happy to enjoy what I had and give it time. Then, it started going down with every "update". Faster and faster. 

This is what I am seeing.

A.

The latest version of the SDK has a major annoyance unfortunately, just discovered it. We can no longer update our models in real-time.
The moving target of this SDK is really frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

The latest version of the SDK has a major annoyance unfortunately, just discovered it. We can no longer update our models in real-time.

Strange, I did it yesterday all day long.

where MSFS will be in 3 years?

Well a couple a month after release my reply would have been very positive, but as of today I don't know.

We can see very weird and impactful bugs coming out from nowhere : vanishing logs and axes to 50% when you hit the ESC key. There is also weird decisions, showing that they are not really listening to their community, like the simple replay system we have been asking for a long time or a good hybrid unit option.

It was really weird to hear Asobo calling the CRJ an amazing addon, I am not sure we are flying the same version. Mine can CTD, even rarely, glideslope is a hit and miss, HUD is for show, hardware throttle is not working well, no integration with MSFS flight planner or nav data.

• Upvote 2