Sign in to follow this  
suncoastflyer

The first 'zibo' style project has begun

4 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

It's also in their FAQ:

https://github.com/wpine215/msfs-a320neo

Q: Where is the plane in-sim?

A: The mod is added on top on the default A320neo from Asobo. If you want to uninstall it and revert to the original aircraft, just delete the A32NX folder in your community folder.

OK then I misunderstood.

However the intallation / deinstallation procedure remains the same.

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

Oh, ok, cool.  In that github link, they write: 

So according to the developers of this, it's a separate plane than the default A320.

It's added on top of the same 320. It's just added functionality not a separate plane. When you uninstall the mod you just taking away the added functions. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tweekz said:

OK then I misunderstood.

However the intallation / deinstallation procedure remains the same.

Yeah, this is the most important, that the files for this mod don't overwrite the base A320 files in the game.  Because I don't want to overwrite any game files.  It could lead to bugs and instability when Asobo releases an update for MSFS (if Asobo's update doesn't overwrite the files for the A320) .

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Just now, UKflyer said:

It's added on top of the same 320. It's just added functionality not a separate plane. When you uninstall the mod you just taking away the added functions. 🙂

Haha, ok.  I misinterpreted what the developers wrote in their Github description.

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yeah, this is the most important, that the files for this mod don't overwrite the base A320 files in the game.  Because I don't want to overwrite any game files.  It will lead to bugs and instability when Asobo releases an update for MSFS .

It's quite good how MS has arranged this. Anything added to the community folder doesn't overwrite the base files.

Edited by UKflyer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

What I didn't expect was, that it's overwriting (conceptually, not actually) the aircraft from the ASOBO branch while being a separate folder in the community branch. I thought it would be listed separate.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

12 minutes ago, tweekz said:

What I didn't expect was, that it's overwriting (conceptually, not actually) the aircraft from the ASOBO branch while being a separate folder in the community branch. I thought it would be listed separate.

Yeah, this is a good design by Asobo. It means we can add a bunch of modified planes and when we want to go back to the default planes, we just delete the files for the modified planes.  I don't want to touch the base files for the original default planes for stability reasons, haha.

• Like 1

I guess this must be some issue with registering the aircraft. As far as I understood they copied the content of the original folder in the new folder, right? Then technically it should work as separate aircraft. Except if there are some connections to files outside of this folder.

If I am right, they would just have to register it as separate aircraft and you could have both.

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Keep on top of this via Discord - FS2020 A32NX Project. There is another update in the past few hours.

• Like 1

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

good because the answer to every question you ask an xplaner is "yes but the zilbo....." 

ill be only to glad of an update to the neo as in its present state its terrible.

14ppkc-6.png

8 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

the answer to every question you ask an xplaner is "yes but the zilbo....."

Give it a rest man...

Anyways, the Neo is far from terrible, considering it's a default aircraft. The guys working on improving it seem to know what they're doing, I'm anxious to see the progression.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, airlinejets said:

Give it a rest man...

Anyways, the Neo is far from terrible, considering it's a default aircraft. The guys working on improving it seem to know what they're doing, I'm anxious to see the progression.

lets hope so.  

14ppkc-6.png

4 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

lets hope so.  

I'm staying positive. Just the fact it's in a separate folder that can be deleted anytime without affecting the original is practical.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I'm excited for this when they iron out all the bugs and add all the features needed.  Hopefully, there will be more projects like this for other planes, especially the airliners.

• Like 3

Is the discord link public? I cant find it anywhere.. 

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals