Sign in to follow this  
suncoastflyer

The first 'zibo' style project has begun

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

If you like Airbus you will like to know that Toliss are seriously considering developing MSFS addon aircraft.

Greazer.

What are they still ‘seriously considering’ for? It’s really a no-brainer to begin development ASAP at this point. 

• Like 4

For those who are familiar with programming, actually Asobo has done something very interesting, they have the native support for Javascript to write the avionics plus the WebAssembly module to port FSX C++ code. That means, writing avionics in Javascript should be relatively easier than writing it in C++ which as results, will attract more and more people from the community to start developing with no language barriers. More details are here https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/high-level-overview-of-msfs2020-tech.448406/post-851082

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

So Zibo is aboard the MFS2020 train now? If so that's excellent news!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, FAZZ3 said:

What are they still ‘seriously considering’ for? It’s really a no-brainer to begin development ASAP at this point. 

Because the developers have limited resources and the SDK for the sims are apples and oranges and involves major work or rework to port products to the other platform but I guess you already knew that.

17 minutes ago, captain420 said:

So Zibo is aboard the MFS2020 train now? If so that's excellent news!

I don't think Zibo himself is responsible, but the modifying of original  default aircraft by others, as in the title "The first 'zibo' style project has begun"

• Upvote 2

steve southey

5 hours ago, UKflyer said:

hmmm that's not great!

I see this article which has some solutions hopefully it helps you 

https://theitbros.com/destination-path-too-long-error-when-movingcopying-a-file/

Problem solved. I was dumb enough dropping the whole a320neo master folder, instead of just  A32NX only. That was causing long path error. I should have paid closer attention. Huh. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

11 hours ago, Greazer said:

If you like Airbus you will like to know that Toliss are seriously considering developing MSFS addon aircraft.

Greazer.

But first the a321neo, the a340, and the a350 v2 for x-plane, before they do something for msfs, according to their update.

Sounds soon indeed lmao

Edited by mtaxp

Since the turboprop modelling is apparently much the same as it was with the legacy FSX sims, would  it now be possible for third parties to mod this aspect as well ?

11 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

writing avionics in Javascript should be relatively easier than writing it in C++ which as results, will attract more and more people from the community to start developing with no language barriers.

Very important point!

1 hour ago, mtaxp said:

But first the a321neo, the a340, and the a350 v2 for x-plane, before they do something for msfs, according to their update.

Sounds soon indeed lmao

Stop playing the butthurt.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

15 hours ago, UKflyer said:

the mod isn't another a320, it just modifies the existing one 🙂

So what if we want to undo the changes and go back to the original default A320?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

8 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

So what if we want to undo the changes and go back to the original default A320?

Aircraft data is located in folders.

You can use both aircraft, as they have separate folders. It's not a replacement.

They just copied the content of the original one, modified it and offer it as a separate aircraft.

Installation: copy the folder into your community folder
De-Installation: delete it

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

7 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Aircraft are located in a folder.

You can use both aircraft - they have separate folder. It's not a replacement.

They just copied the content of the original one, modified it and offer it as a separate aircraft.

Installation: copy the folder into your community folder
De-Installation: delete it

Ok. This is the opposite of what I read earlier in the thread. This is what i read earlier on page 3 of this thread by sidfadc:

So how do I choose between default A320 and modified A320 in the sim??

And this was UKflyer's response on page 3:

ha i don't think you can have both .. not sure why you would want to keep the default one

Edited by abrams_tank

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

Ok. This is the opposite of what I read earlier in the thread. This is what i read earlier on page 3 of this thread by sidfadc:

And this was UKflyer's response on page 3:

It's also in their FAQ:

https://github.com/wpine215/msfs-a320neo

Q: Where is the plane in-sim?

A: The mod is added on top on the default A320neo from Asobo. If you want to uninstall it and revert to the original aircraft, just delete the A32NX folder in your community folder.

• Like 1

Just now, UKflyer said:

It's also in their FAQ:

https://github.com/wpine215/msfs-a320neo

Q: Where is the plane in-sim?

A: The mod is added on top on the default A320neo from Asobo. If you want to uninstall it and revert to the original aircraft, just delete the A32NX folder in your community folder.

Oh, ok, cool.  In that github link, they write: 

The mod is added on top on the default A320neo from Asobo. If you want to uninstall it and revert to the original aircraft, just delete the A32NX folder in your community folder.

So according to the developers of this, it's a separate plane than the default A320.