Sign in to follow this  
Tom_L

POV - am I the only one?

You can change your default view in the general camera settings. I haven't had any issues after I adjusted the height and zoom. Works better for me than XP.

• Like 3

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

not the instruments atm but hold right alt and click to pop out some panels  🙂

3 minutes ago, JerryT87 said:

Is there a way to undock some of the instruments in the stock AC? That would help to be able to move to my 2nd monitor.

Yes, hold CTRL and point with the mouse onto the instrument until it shows a symbol (a magnifier i think) and then left klick opens the screen in a separate window. So a second monitor it is? :-))

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

You can adjust the default viewpoint height for all aircraft in Options > General > Camera.

Under the Cockpit Camera heading, change the slider for Height and save.  A Height of 60 with a Zoom of 55 works good for me in most aircraft.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Tom_L said:

Yes, hold CTRL and point with the mouse onto the instrument until it shows a symbol (a magnifier i think) and then left klick opens the screen in a separate window. So a second monitor it is? :-))

Sweet! Thx.

2 minutes ago, JerryT87 said:

Is there a way to undock some of the instruments in the stock AC? That would help to be able to move to my 2nd monitor.

You can currently pop out the display portion of some of the electronic instruments. It doesn’t allow you to pop out the associated knobs and buttons needed to interact with some of them them. Maybe the touch screen stuff would work though. 

Chris

Just now, snglecoil said:

You can currently pop out the display portion of some of the electronic instruments. It doesn’t allow you to pop out the associated knobs and buttons needed to interact with some of them them. Maybe the touch screen stuff would work though. 

Thats fine. I'm thinking it will be a lot easier to see data if I can get it on a second screen. The glass panels are nice, but they can be hard to read when not up close to them.

Or just zoom in/out with the scroll wheel on the mouse and use the up/down arrows to adjust height.

1 minute ago, rexbo47 said:

Or just zoom in/out with the scroll wheel on the mouse and use the up/down arrows to adjust height.

Or track ir if you have it. You have so many options. This is a non issue once you customize it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Slides said:

Or track ir if you have it. You have so many options. This is a non issue once you customize it.

Thank you, I neglected to mention that. TrackIR works better for me in this sim than in P3D or FSX.

• Upvote 1

Just now, rexbo47 said:

Thank you, I neglected to mention that. TrackIR works better for me in this sim than in P3D or FSX.

It also better for me than in XP, where it has a strange curve by default.

• Like 1

Yeah they're all a bit low by default. Obviously replicating a midget pilot. A quick tap on the cursor arrow keys sorts it. 

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, Tom_L said:

I am 6'7'' tall and therefore accustomed to a fairly high viewpoint in real planes- but you can be a lot shorter and nevertheless notice that the standard viewpoints of the standard cockpit camera a far too low - you can't see the runway in most of the planes when lining up, let alone on final with nose up attitude. And when you "tune" the camera to a realistic viewpoint, the cockpit geometry in a lot of planes prevents you from looking at crucial instruments. Have a look at this guy here.

7J6tsMo.jpg

He has set up a fairly realistic point of view, and look at the MFD - you can't even see essential information as torque and ITT on the MFD. Even if you set your POV a little bit lower, you can't see vital information. If you feel this needs to be changed, I urge you to report the issue to MS/Asobo via Zendesk.

The seating positions are completely adjustable, watch the video by Squirrel on cameras.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I think there's 99 problems with this SIM but adjusting your view ain't one 😄

I sit about 5' from a 75" 4K TV with a 12" HD display atop my Honeycomb yoke for the PFD/MFD.  I can then adjust the main screen so its more realistic (when sitting upright and looking out over the dash) and have the important displays right where they should be above my yoke.  It's perfect.  Just get one of these for $100... https://www.amazon.com/Prechen-Portable-Monitor-1920x1080HDMI-Raspberry/dp/B07Q1FHT87/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=11.6+monitor&qid=1598382119&sr=8-2

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kerosene31 said:

The standard views are way too low, but the custom camera options work great.  I just raised up the seat a bit and changed the view and have a good angle on most cockpits.  I just change the "reset view" button to be custom camera 0 and customize that for every plane.  The custom cameras are really easy to set up.  I went through every plane and set up 5-6 views.  

I did the same thing. Took 15 mins to set up. This should really be the default...