Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

August 27th, 2020 - Development Update

These weekly updates are appalling, here's how to do it properly (just one of many many examples):

https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-2-july-2020-development-update.12347/

• Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 minutes ago, RudyB24 said:

'Reduce' ... this sounds careful ... it should have read 'eliminate'.

Impossible to eliminiate. You can't predict what a user is going to do, for example, remove the harddrive from their computer during install. Yes, this is an extreme example, but proves a point. In general, installation issues are hard to debug and fix since it depends on the environment of the PC, and due to so many possible configurations, it's impossible to test.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I read that Asobo has over 100 people working on this title. If this is all the update fixes, then they must have had some massive issues with their code that it took so many to fix what is posted above. 

Its not that. When you are releasing critical fixes you don't want to add non critical fixes to the list. What if a major last minute bug is found in the non criticial fix? You are then jeopardising the criticial fixes in the patch from being delivered. Therefore its better for them to go in a following update.

Edited by sanh
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 4

Something something fix one bug and two more show up, it's good they are taking it slow,

Day 9 of Release

Edited by SirDan
  • Like 1

Asobo is now focused on the XBOX version. That's where their attention is. That's where their time will be spent hereafter. If you want major updates to the sim, buy an XBOX Series X and the XBOX version of Flight Simulator when it's released. Our current PC version is simply the continuation of the beta testing.

• Like 3

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Just now, David Mills said:

Asobo is now focused on the XBOX version. That's where their attention is. That's where their time will be spent hereafter. If you want major updates to the sim, buy an XBOX Series X and the XBOX version of Flight Simulator when it's released. Our current PC version is simply the continuation of the beta testing.

Link?

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

LOL, let me tell you how this works in software industry. There are no vacations pre or post go-live. 

in France employees are king they do what they want. you can't even fire them if they can't do their job

19 minutes ago, Lotharen said:

Seems to be all critical issues and nothing else. Surprised its taking them that long to fix these and address nothing else.

Sadly I’m not surprised at all. As other user just posted, maybe now they are focused on the Xbox version, which could be a real shame. 

Why do you guys have to be so freaking toxic all the time. geez....

• Like 34
  • Upvote 11

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Guys, it's hardly surprising they are focusing on the major issues first. I hope most of us would do the same if it was up to us. You wouldn't prioritize the weather (which looks nice at least) when a bunch of your paying customers aren't even able to launch the game. Of course they have to fix those sort of things first.

The biggest bone to the rest of us was the simconnect issue. For many users this will bring the sim to even greater heights. My only regret is that they wait to implement those smaller fixes and bunch them all up in one go. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me on this issue could shed some light as to why that makes sense?

Edit: And that comment about Asobo shifting gears and focusing entirely on Xbox is simply doom and gloom. Link the source or it isn't true.

Edited by Andreas Stangenes
  • Like 13

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

6 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I'm not sure if that's the case, I certainly hope not

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

...and there it is, imaginations now beginning to run rampant, hehe.

They should have communicated what will be fixed from all our bug reports and a rough time frame for completion...this way we can all stop speculating.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hangar said:

...and there it is, imaginations now beginning to run rampant, hehe.

They should have communicated what will be fixed from all our bug reports and a rough time frame for completion...this way we can all stop speculating.

Or we could just wait ? Keep flying or something

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

They fixed simconnect, and that makes me a happy camper. I haven't been able to fly on vatsim or use my logitech panels, and I'm eager to get them into my new sim 🙂

Same as I😁, can someone please explain what they mean by saying :

32 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

OPTIMIZATION

• The performance of the title has been improved when the Display name plate option is set to active

Thanks

• Like 1

1pc:WIN11/64, MSFS,PF3,TRacKir5,SPAD Next,FSUIPC 7,GSX
I7-12700KF/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/CH throttle,Ped/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel
2pc:WIN10 LNM,remote text program,pf3 display