Sign in to follow this  
YouDontKnow

Bad clouds texture

And? That's exactly how volumetric clouds look like. If they are rendered any sharper they'll bring any gpu and cpu to its knees.

• Upvote 1

I'm really not seeing any issues in actual flight.  The odd screenshot might show issues, but flying the sim all looks great to me.

Paul Skol

On 8/29/2020 at 6:29 PM, Farlis said:

And? That's exactly how volumetric clouds look like. If they are rendered any sharper they'll bring any gpu and cpu to its knees.

You're saying volumetric clouds look like this in-sim, then yes they certainly do.  But they sure don't look like RL clouds, not this pixelated, weird AA grid effect it just looks wretched.  It really looks more like a GPU driver issue, but I'm not say it is, it just looks like something this particular driver wasn't designed to render correctly.  That would be fabulous because there might then be a fix for it.  The textures up close in FSX/P3D/REX/ASN look much better to me.  I'm talking only about the images of clouding as it were, especially up close.  There are some really weird looking cloud formations in MSFS, though a lot of great ones too.  I think it's a problem w/ how its rendered so maybe a driver release may bring something to bear on it.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

yeah, that's clouds made with voxels.  They are literally particles made by a shader, there is no texture or anything 2D..  Also, you are zoomed in a bit. There are also some weird morphing and  fade in issues that I have brought up to Zendesk.  It'll get better.

6 minutes ago, aniiran said:

yeah, that's clouds made with voxels....  It'll get better.

This was my hunch too about cloud behaviors, ATC issues, night-lighting issues and so forth--these are more in the arena of fine-tuning and I suspect will steadily improve, with a few questionable steps along the way. 

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

31 minutes ago, aniiran said:

yeah, that's clouds made with voxels.  They are literally particles made by a shader, there is no texture or anything 2D..  Also, you are zoomed in a bit. There are also some weird morphing and  fade in issues that I have brought up to Zendesk.  It'll get better.

Its raymarching not voxels. There are also noises used to erode the cloud volume but that doesn't have anything to do with the look of the edges.

14 minutes ago, SUNDR1V3R said:

Those clouds does not compare to this clouds.. That’s what he mean..

gkqsTdqhaHdeiz8qwME66A-1200-80.jpg

Those look impressive. Still haven’t seen anything like that in my sim. 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

On 8/29/2020 at 8:23 PM, YouDontKnow said:

Why with ultra setting (original) I'm seeing something like this? Everything is smooth, good fps.

clouds.png

Please see information below from a previous post which may fix your issue.  I think some of this is due to the forced sharpening that must be changed via the config file, not in-game settings.  See below:

Some of you might have noticed, MSFS uses an aggressive sharpening filter. Some like it sharp, fair enough, but I think the image looks much cleaner without it. Thankfully, we may now easily disable it. Also, there are better sharpening tools using NVIDIA Freestyle. Follow the link below for more info.

Search for your UserCfg.opt, open it with notepad. It's located at \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt for regular installs.

At the bottom, find this list. Set Sharpen to 0, save, that's it!

{PostProcess
Enabled 1
EyeAdaptation 1
ColorGrading 1
Sharpen 1
Fringe 1
LensDistortion 0
Dirt 1
LensFlare 0
FilmGrain 1
Vignette 1
LensBlurMultiplier 1.000000