Sign in to follow this  
ggerolamo

Future of p3d according to Mathijs Kok

8 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

So...you prefer to remain word not allowed on the subject?  If true, whey do feel compelled to state opinion as fact when you clearly have no desire to educate yourself on the subject matter?  

I have reached a level of Ignorance that I am comfortable with. In my world my opinions are just as much fact as yours. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

33 minutes ago, B777ER said:

There scenery is often littered with bad optimization and needing many patches. They make their money I'm sure if reselling similar to Simmarket. Aerosoft IMO was always second rate and frankly, don't care about him or his company.

I tend to agree. I used to purchase add-on scenery trough AS in the past, but they had so many issues related to bad performance, faulty installers and lack of support that I decided not to purchase any new scenery from them again.

Additionally we can say that their A330 and CRJ were not successful even after being too many years under development. If AS blame on P3D for their lack of success, good, they can do it, but not for a good reason.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

6 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Here is the test to solve the whole debate. If there was never even one more "fix" for Prepar3d, I could probably use it for the next 5 years and never get bored.

The test...Can you say that about MS2020? Just Yes or NO?

Absolutely! Very happy flying the steam-gauge planes with amazing clouds/scenery all over the world. 

If EA gets fixed, I would also say the same of P3D.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

13 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Does anyone actually navigate to the forum via headers?  I doubt they do; instead, I suggest the majority clicks a link on the front page without regard to the subject location.

I simply don't understand why some simmers are salty about progress...

No I think the majority do not go in that way. And I give our users credit. Most can look up and realize which forum they are in. It’s really just bad manners to blast another sim in its home forum. Also makes those doing it lacking. Regarding your salty comment. I’ve had numerous comments on here expressing my excitement about the future. But that doesn’t mean I think it’s ready yet. I’ve always said in a year or two good chance msfs ends up my platform. But as somebody who does vatsim airline flying we aren’t there yet. My setup is far from stock P3d. So it’s not as easy for msfs to beat that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, GCBraun said:

Absolutely! Very happy flying the steam-gauge planes with amazing clouds/scenery all over the world. 

If EA gets fixed, I would also say the same of P3D.

Some msfs l clouds look fantastic and better than anything. Some look absolutely terrible. Namely the volcanic looking grey cumulus. Or the lack of whispy cirrus clouds 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

12 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

So, he's a liar?  The pictures located on their forum are fake?  Is the Majestic Dash 8 a lite aircraft?  The PMDG 747 seems to work fine in P3D V4....  

Did you read what I wrote ? The SDK is not ready to support complex ac ( source AS Mathijs Kok ). AS is helping Asobo with the SDK and has stated that it takes at least 4 months.

Converting ac models MSFS models can be done and you can fly with basic controls.

That is totally different from using all complex systems ...

So before jumping of your chair : calm down and read again.. 

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

4 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Did you read what I wrote ? The SDK is not ready to support complex ac ( source AS Mathijs Kok ). AS is helping Asobo with the SDK and has stated that it takes at least 4 months.

Converting ac models MSFS models can be done and you can fly with basic controls.

That is totally different from using all complex systems ...

So before jumping of your chair : calm down and read again.. 

Right and some developers are stating their products will be available in 2021 Q1 while others are stating years; its obvious some are further along than others.  I suggest we withhold judgement until the aircraft are released; then again, we hear this argument with every simulator release and every time the developers makes it work...

• Upvote 2

Matt King

16 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Some msfs l clouds look fantastic and better than anything. Some look absolutely terrible. Namely the volcanic looking grey cumulus. Or the lack of whispy cirrus clouds 

There is no perfect sim. For me, the results are much, much better than anything else we currently have available on P3D/XP11.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

55 minutes ago, Chock said:

And just as you can say you will not buy their products, nor do they owe you anything; it's not a personal sleight against you. I lost my job in aviation because of the current pandemic, but I don't take it as some kind of personal attack on me by my former employer, they made a business decision based on the situation they found themselves in, and they don't owe me a living. That's what Aerosoft are doing too, and they won't be alone.

Sorry to hear the news about losing your job Chock, I also work in the aerospace industry (RR) luckily my factory is doing OK at the minute but other RR factories are closing. It's dog eat dog in the aerospace industry at this moment in time, there's other RR factories wanting our work if we fail with the inload of work we have gained from elsewhere, god knows what the future holds

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

19 minutes ago, micstatic said:

No I think the majority do not go in that way. And I give our users credit. Most can look up and realize which forum they are in. It’s really just bad manners to blast another sim in its home forum. Also makes those doing it lacking. Regarding your salty comment. I’ve had numerous comments on here expressing my excitement about the future. But that doesn’t mean I think it’s ready yet. I’ve always said in a year or two good chance msfs ends up my platform. But as somebody who does vatsim airline flying we aren’t there yet. My setup is far from stock P3d. So it’s not as easy for msfs to beat that. 

Did you read the OP?  It's explicitly related to the divestiture of P3D; thus, the narrative/posts will reflect said topic.  Some will view the divestiture as a natural evaluation that was predicted weeks/months ago, while others will view it as premature.  Nothing wrong with either perspective; however, to suggest everyone should assume the latter position to demonstrate 'good manners' is just absurd.  This isn't your 'house', it's an internet message board designed to exchange ideas; disagreements and discussions should be viewed as positives... 

Edited by kingm56

Matt King

Well I am a hardcore complex systems aircraft fan.   Flying in MSFS is truly spectacular visually, but I am missing my high fidelity aircraft alot, so I hopped on over to P3D, and have to say it now feels very old cartoonish looking unless you have high quality payware absolutely everywhere.   And I dont find the lighting and clouds anywhere near as good as MSFS most times.   I think the writing is on the wall.   MSFS will be the go to sim for many including hardcore when those aircraft get moved over.   You can be sure Asobo and MS will accommodate that market too because thats what will drive it forward into the future, not casual xbox players. Just look at the freeware addons coming on display now fixing scenery issues, enhancing default aircraft, and some other utilities. We are only a month in!   P3D had its time, and it was a good run. Its still running for now, but everytime I go back to P3D I feel like im simming in 2010 relative to MSFS.   The WX, aircraft flight dynamics, and scenery issues in MSFS will for sure get worked out sooner than later. You dont spend a few hundred of million on this infrastructure only to let it slide for just casual players who lose interest in a few months.   

As for Aerosoft, pretty sure they are just going by the sales numbers.  But its not necessarily because P3D players have moved over completely. I havnt, as Im flying both sims, but havnt bought an addon in months to see where the dust is settling.  P3D will be deleted once PMDG, FSL, and the like provide my craving for complex systems aircraft.  Thank you to LM for providing life to flight simulation when we all thought things were dire when Flight collapsed and not much on the horizon about 8 years ago. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Just now, kingm56 said:

Did you read the OP?  It's explicitly related to the divestiture of P3D; thus, the narrative/posts will reflect said topic.  Some will view the divestture as a natural evaluation that was predicted weeks/months ago, while others will view it as premature.  Nothing wrong with either perspective; however, to suggest everyone should assume the latter position to demonstrate 'good manners' is just absurd.  This isn't your 'house', it's an internet message board designed to exchange ideas; disagreements and discussions should be viewed as posties... 

Yet here you are in a P3d forum. Your curiosity is interesting to say the least 

2 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Yet here you are in a P3d forum. Your curiosity is interesting to say the least 

More austerity from you, sir; it doesn't matter where the topic is located as long as opinions expressed are inline with the topic.  Again, this isn't your house....

Edited by kingm56
  • Like 3

Matt King

24 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

There is no perfect sim. For me, the results are much, much better than anything else we currently have available on P3D/XP11.

The atmospherics are nice in MSFS. It's one of the few features that Asobo promised and delivered correctly. However, I've yet to read publicly how they did it. Asobo seems willing to share publicly all the other partnerships that they obtained (meteoBlue😑, BlackShark AI🙂 and NavBlue😣) Did they use an existing atmospherics package or develop it from scratch? From what I can tell (or should I say am allowed to tell) it doesn't appear to be 100% original work. LM will get there soon enough with trueSky as the limitations in P3d5 were self-imposed by LM to maintain performance. As an user of the trueSky SDK, I can say that it is possible to duplicate everything that Asobo has done in MSFS and maybe more, depending on how much effort that LM wants to put into the P3d5 PDK. The good news is that both MSFS and P3d5 have effect-based clouds and 3D trees and the inclusion of both those features puts them ahead of the rest of the flightsim field.

Edited by jabloomf1230
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Mathijs says...... We are not major fans of V5 at this moment and commercially P3D has flatlined.

For Aerosoft, commercially maybe, However, it must be remembered that P3D is NOT an entertainment product, as MSFS is. 

I'm sure that Redbírd is doing very well, commercially, with their training products based on P3D.Aerosoft is selling add-on entertainment products to a sector of P3D users and, I'm sure, that, if Aerosoft quality is not up to their standard, Aerosoft add-on sales will flatline! Aerosoft, dont blame the sim, blame your add-ons!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...