Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

I just completed the 160nm leg of the Patagonia bush trip and it didn't acknowledge the arrival either. Not really a bush pilot so doing this leg was actually a bit boring. Now i have to do it again ?? 😤

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

My fs2020 is totally hosed. Removed fs2020 and it wouldn't let me reinstall on the same drive until I changed the default app location. Now it just says can't connect to content servers and it won't install. Man I am seriously pi$$ed. You really gotta work to screw up a patch this bad...I'm going to bed. Enough of this half a$$ed garbage.

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

5 hours ago, sidfadc said:

I have a similar rig, except 4790k and 16GB and running 1080P.  I would say there is no need to run Ultra anything to give you an FPS boost, there is a great video on YouTube (can't find link) where it visually shows the difference between low and ultra on all settings - my eyes couldn't tell much difference visually between high and ultra, even in some scenarios there was a negligible difference between med-high-ultra on some settings.  On a rig like yours (similar to mine) I would say the sweet spot is med-high with some settings on low and it still looks fantastic.  

Your LODs could come down to 100 to level things out as well I would say...

Thanks for the advice. What is very strange is that I turned down the ultra settings to medium and saw no FPS improvement, or it was so small as to not really matter. When I reduced the LODs to 100 I got a lot more FPS (32-33) but then the stutters came back. I also noticed in Process Lasso that my CPU was working harder, plus the CoherentGTDraw was hitting red a lot. For some strange reason 23-25 FPS with Ultra and mostly high LOD gives me much smoother visuals than 32-33 with lower settings. I have no idea why. Heck, I still get no stutters when my FPS is 17. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

wow It is really running smooth after this update, much better now.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

Interesting! Perhaps a surprise Asobo has been keeping under wraps? What area were you flying in that screen shot?

Cincinnati to JFK

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Imagine if you were forced to update P3d every time an update dropped lol. Forced updates should not be a thing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, J0nx said:

My fs2020 is totally hosed. Removed fs2020 and it wouldn't let me reinstall on the same drive until I changed the default app location. Now it just says can't connect to content servers and it won't install. Man I am seriously pi$$ed. You really gotta work to screw up a patch this bad...I'm going to bed. Enough of this half a$$ed garbage.

I didn't have this problem. If you have any mods remove them. NY update was uneventful. Took about 30 minutes to download and install and everything worked 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

Imagine if you were forced to update P3d every time an update dropped lol. Forced updates should not be a thing. 

While not a rebuttal to your argument, I will add that everything has forced updates. Windows 10, Xbox 1, iPhones and Tablets. The fix would be to disconnect from your internet while you load up the game, then reconnect after that.

I didn't invent the model of forces updates and I don't defend it, I only aim to say that it's here and almost all programmers use it.

• Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Just installed patch with no issue(s). Sim runs smoother and was able to hand fly to the #'s for first time smoothly (albeit with stutters/pauses in LA night scenery). Control is much improved (sensitivity) and the sim loads faster/smoother. Will test more later.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

15 minutes ago, WestAir said:

While not a rebuttal to your argument, I will add that everything has forced updates. Windows 10, Xbox 1, iPhones and Tablets. The fix would be to disconnect from your internet while you load up the game, then reconnect after that.

But, my iPhone does not force me to update and there are ways to prevent Windows from forcing you to update too...

Edited by UAL4life

Has anyone mentioned that, after the update, the Flight Planner no longer keeps track of the last three flights you've flown and no longer places them in the History folder? For example, I took off about ten times this evening from Amsterdam. But each time I started a new flight plan, I had to scroll through the list of handcrafted airports and select Amsterdam all over again, since it was no longer conveniently stored at the top of the Flight Planner in my History. That folder no longer updates -- period.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

I find it really wild that some people are saying this completely killed their sim, while others like me have seen such a marked improvement.  

Seriously, this is night and day for me, and it seems so many others.  

Yet there are a bunch of folks saying it destroyed their whole experience.   Wonder whats happening there?   Weird. 

edit:   Did these folks install a bunch of mod "fixes"? 

Edited by JughedJones
  • Like 2

Downloading super quick can't wait! Don't forget to take out those FPS fixes and A320 mods.

• Like 2

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Just now, JughedJones said:

Did these folks install a bunch of mod "fixes"? 

That's my thought but some will say no.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Lesson learned. No more mods for me until stable like RC1!!!!!!!. Now we know why addon folks are taking their time also. Shooting at a moving target.