Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Wonder why no hotfixes

55 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

but I guess it didn't get enough "upvotes" for anyone to look at before they shipped the patch

This is something that I've noticed which raises a big red flag. A democratic system to decide on which bugs get fixed seems like a horrible way to conduct business. 

Does this mean that if we all get together and decide we all want our knobs on the garmin to look like boobies, we can get that? 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, bahnzo said:

This is something that I've noticed which raises a big red flag. A democratic system to decide on which bugs get fixed seems like a horrible way to conduct business. 

Does this mean that if we all get together and decide we all want our knobs on the garmin to look like boobies, we can get that? 🙂

Lol,all serious bugs should be priority

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

The lack of a hotfix or the ability to roll back this update is the primary reason why my view of them has turned from great to negative. The sim before the second patch was not 100% but for the most part it worked and i was very content to wait for the community to fill it out as they usually do when given a decent platform. After the patch .. stuff hit the fan. I was hoping for a hotfix or rollback,, Crickets.. If they break more stuff do we now have to wait weeks or another month for another patch to fix the previous bugs they let loose in the sim?

I dont get warm and fuzzies with that approach.

I just hope they fix the stuff they broke. Because somehow with this one patch they bugged almost every aspect of the sim  (Menus, Avionics, Fuel systems, Navigation, Modeling, Graphics fidelity and in some cases overall framerate performance).

That's a seriously large number of bugs ...

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

I suspect that Microsoft has some internal QA/approval process for these patches, which means it's not a direct pipeline from Asobo our hard drives.

This isn't just suspicion, it's fact.

• Like 1

Does anyone know when the next patch is due? Or when the next information update is planned? Microsoft has a very predictable update pattern for Windows Update.

It’s all about communication. Silence breeds conspiracy theories and frustration, drives a wedge between developer/publisher and consumer.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

The next status report to the community (which they confusingly cause an 'update') is tomorrow.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 hours ago, UAL4life said:

This along with so many issues— I’m burned out with fs2020. It’s a very beautiful game but nowhere near what I’m looking for in a sim right now. I’m going back to p3d where I can at least not wrestle the aircraft every step of the route! I’ll keep it for GA flying as the TBM is pretty solid imho. 

James has expressed my feelings perfectly, so I'll just quote this ^.

Bit surprised that someone from the "it's only been out a few weeks, give them some time"-crowd hasn't stepped in yet ...

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitor: 32” ASUS PG32UCDM 240hz 4K | Additional Hardware: HP Reverb G2, TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

24 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Bit surprised that someone from the "it's only been out a few weeks, give them some time"-crowd hasn't stepped in yet ...

Here's you are:

- FSX came out in October 2006, got the first patch ( SP1 ) in May 2007, that is 7 months later.

- The ( paid ) Expansion pack which fixed all the remaining things came out in October 2007, 5 months after the first patch and 1 year after the original release.

- The free SP2 came out in December 2007, 14 months after the original release.

- The last ( paid ) fix was the Steam version, which restored multiplayer on Steam, and came out in 2014, that is 7 years later...

And yes, the delay of another update is surely related to MS procedures, they are a big company and everything they release must be checked in several ways, including legal ( to be sure they don't release anything they shouldn't ). Even a simple puny scenery like something sold on the MS Marketplace takes at least 8-10 *working* days to be approved, you cannot expect to get "instant" hotfixes to the sim, which might feature hundreds of modified files, it's just not possible when a large company approval process is involved.

My guess is Asobo is already working on the next patch, if not the next one after that.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

OP is right! We should get back to FSX times and the almost a year it took before having SP1 😛

( whops @virtuali was quicker)

i am fine with Asobo schedule, having to wait a week or 10 days is not much as long as they keep delivering.

If you get burned before of this, i suggest you take a break or try to find other things to do in the meanwhile.

Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Like 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

3 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

At least twice in the last three years Microsoft has shipped Windows 10 updates that permanently deleted user data from My Documents.  There have been several other instances of patches needed to be pulled back due to bad QA. 

In at least once instance the bug was flagged on ZenDesk by the people running the Windows Insider builds, but I guess it didn't get enough "upvotes" for anyone to look at before they shipped the patch.

Shows how much they care about QA and their reputation....This is with their flagship OS product.

Flight Simulator is a side project of a side project for Microsoft.  Do we expect them to be more careful with that than Windows?

What a lot of rubbish, maybe for a small minority. I've been running Windows 10 with every update, & I have never had any issues or anything deleted from My Documents.

Remember, Asobo is a games designer company & I'm sure they are aware of bugs & issues. As far as reputations go.. seriously? you think that Asobo's reputation is lagging because they do not jump instantly at every Avsimmer's moan & complaint?

I'm sure that you realise that Asobo & Microsoft have a business plan, with regard to updates, & they will be following that plan.

I think that one of the major problems has been that everyone got so excited that they wanted to be the amongst the first to play the game, without waiting even a week, to read& review what people are saying about the sim. So, suck it up, as the kids say..

Really? Flight Simulator is a side project of a side project for Microsoft.  Do we expect them to be more careful with that than Windows?

You are no doubt aware that MSFS is also a technology demonstrator for their Azure & cloud technology, & is just another game from one of Microsoft's interests in over 15 gaming studios? It is also a big factor in their Xbox gaming strategy!

• Like 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

The only problem with putting out hotfixes straight away is that some of us are still trying to get 1.8.30 installed, thanks to the file looping issue and having to reinstall after the patcher corrupted the game. Only 46Gb to go... at 500KB/s!

So probably not a bad idea to put a couple of weeks in between, unless they can integrate the hotfix in such a way it doesn't interfere with the previous patch (or game) being installed.

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Yup. I'm surprised they didn't jump on the three obvious issues born of the second patch with a hotfix (missing control sensitivities, avionics shutdown issue and port engine shutdown on the A320). I guess they have their reasons, but if there was a choice to do so and I'd have been in a position to make it so at Asobo, personally I'd have made it a priority, just for good customer relations if nothing else.

especially since there is no good reason not to patch the missing control sensitivities because it would be so easy. A half hours work.

We know this because right now anybody can just text edit any profile file and type in any sensitivity you want. And it reacts instantly, you don't have to restart a flight nor change to another plane and back.

In Steam each controller profile file is in a sub/subfolder of Steam/UserData...Remote//.... just type in a sensitivity value using notepad.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

43 minutes ago, Fielder said:

especially since there is no good reason not to patch the missing control sensitivities because it would be so easy. A half hours work.

We know this because right now anybody can just text edit any profile file and type in any sensitivity you want. And it reacts instantly, you don't have to restart a flight nor change to another plane and back.

In Steam each controller profile file is in a sub/subfolder of Steam/UserData...Remote//.... just type in a sensitivity value using notepad.

Here’s a typical conversation between a development team and a product owner:

PO: I want all this new stuff in our next release.

DT: We introduced a pretty bad bug in our last release, we really should fix that. It’s an easy fix.

PO: Is there a work around for it, so people can still do what they need some other way?
DT: Well, yeah, but it’s a bit awkward.

PO: If there’s a work around, it’s low priority. Leave it out.

5 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

By now it's clear that Asobo is not company who release hot fixes IMHO. They push patches on their own schedule !

...and it could be, that the code at this time is so convoluted, and bunged up...a hotfix, might start your computer on fire, after the installation...lol.   I hope they can bring the sim to a full usable base, in and out of the cockpit, and soon.  And oh...GIVE ME BACK THE RTM LOD!!!!!   Ok...I feel better....