Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Carenado Mooney Update

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

Alt L works fine here.

With my keyboard, I have to use the left ALT key.  Right ALT-L doesn't do anything.  Weird huh?  Same as @sd_flyer reported.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

25 minutes ago, Mace said:

With my keyboard, I have to use the left ALT key.  Right ALT-L doesn't do anything.  Weird huh?  Same as @sd_flyer reported.

Left Alt + L

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just now, DJJose said:

Left Alt + L

I know.  I'm saying Right Alt + L doesn't do anything on my keyboard.

I'm using a really old Focus 2001 though.  And maybe they allow binding Right Alt + L differently.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Just now, Mace said:

I know.  I'm saying Right Alt + L doesn't do anything on my keyboard.

I'm using a really old Focus 2001 though.  And maybe they allow binding Right Alt + L differently.

Yes! Both Alts can be assigned to do something. ie. the numbers keys are assigned to do different things.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Patch installed... Just had a rock-solid ILS approach into KACV descending into LIVE weather injection of some thick coastal fog on the way down. She captured the course and glide slope perfectly with no zig-zagging. Couldn't see a thing in that thick fog until a few looming treetops confirmed my AGL. And there's the threshold... and yesiree ... she's right on the center line!  Am stoked the APR and NAV zig-zagging issue is fixed. Can reliably fly this nice bird now. Much THX to Carenado devs for such a quick patch.

KACV-Foggy-ILS-Approach.jpg

• Like 5

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

I flew today in Mooney and picked up light rime ice. To my surprise  it didn't effect airspeed at all. I know for the fact that icing effect default airplane 172, G36 and etc. Has anyone noticed that?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Only a litle issue:

I can´t extend or retract the flaps with the mouse (only by keyboard F5 and F8). When I go over it with the mouse it shows me arrows (right and left), but nothing happens when i click or pull the mouse. Anybody the same problem?

25 minutes ago, Badileus said:

Only a litle issue:

I can´t extend or retract the flaps with the mouse (only by keyboard F5 and F8). When I go over it with the mouse it shows me arrows (right and left), but nothing happens when i click or pull the mouse. Anybody the same problem?

Try your mouse scroll wheel.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

On 10/1/2020 at 9:09 PM, GACSavannah said:

Yes, I did. I rebooted the sim. Now it says up to date but the version field is blank. If I try to start a flight, the Mooney is no longer an available choice, however if I go into the Marketplace it still shows as being owned and installed. Hummmm....

More research....seems its whacked all the files in the Carenado folder in prep for the update...but when it failed to update....it now has nothing to even delete to try and reinstall.   On all other items in the content manager you can delete...for the Mooney its not an option...not even a grayed option.  Trying a few things to see if I can convince it to work.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Can you guys get the 530 to fly approaches properly ? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

13 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I flew today in Mooney and picked up light rime ice. To my surprise  it didn't effect airspeed at all. I know for the fact that icing effect default airplane 172, G36 and etc. Has anyone noticed that?

Weird, i flew over the Alps from Roanne to Aosta, and got myself horrible icy condition, at night. The plane was covered, i did notice a slow and steady decrease in airspeed, and got to the stall horn. I also noticed that the defrost on the windows has not effect at all.

13 hours ago, Truthan said:

Patch installed... Just had a rock-solid ILS approach into KACV descending into LIVE weather injection of some thick coastal fog on the way down. She captured the course and glide slope perfectly with no zig-zagging. Couldn't see a thing in that thick fog until a few looming treetops confirmed my AGL. And there's the threshold... and yesiree ... she's right on the center line!  Am stoked the APR and NAV zig-zagging issue is fixed. Can reliably fly this nice bird now. Much THX to Carenado devs for such a quick patch.

KACV-Foggy-ILS-Approach.jpg

Same experience at the beggining of my Japan tour, NAV is rock stable, and APR too. The trim is also very nicely balanced.

• Like 1