Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Carenado Mooney Update

14 hours ago, DJJose said:

I never said it wasn't modelled. Also, Vr is based on weight.

Vr range is from 66-59 knots with flaps 10, I believe.

At Max weight, you would typically aim for 80kts at 50ft after lift off

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

19 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

@Carenado

Please fix the AP (including ALT SEL)

Please fix the Engine parameters- Leaning, EGT, CHT, GPH

Please fix the ADF 

You really can change perception with a little more effort- she's pretty good, but could be great... and just think of your market share if you solidify your long term support reputation.

Ta- C

@Carenado

and the Xpdr please!  Still does not set code in vPilot correctly.

Ta- C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Does anyone know how, on the GPS, when various way points are set, how to tell it to skip one way point and go directly to another one?

Is it also possible to enter a new way point in between way points, and remove one without clearing out the entire flight plan?

@Carenado

Lest you think I'm only critical, I just flew from Salzburg to Innsbruck on Vatsim.  The Controllers were brilliant as usual, and just look at what I experienced!  FANTASTIC!

dGFddEW.jpg

UQPiOOP.jpg

I like your aeroplane, I'd just like to love it! 

BTW these were taken with my iPhone, I was a trifle busy.  Has anyone figured out a replacement for the "V" Screenshot key yet?

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I’ve got a bit of a strange issue with this otherwise great aircraft.  When accelerating down the runway, if the elevator is in the down position (ie yoke full forward), the aircraft starts rolling to the side while on the runway.  I discovered this because my Brunner yoke has a feature that simulates the weight of the elevator holding it down until there is sufficient airflow for it to level out.  I turned this feature off and tried holding the elevator down manually and the same result.  I’m not sure why the elevator being pitched down would cause a roll?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

28 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I’ve got a bit of a strange issue with this otherwise great aircraft.  When accelerating down the runway, if the elevator is in the down position (ie yoke full forward), the aircraft starts rolling to the side while on the runway.  I discovered this because my Brunner yoke has a feature that simulates the weight of the elevator holding it down until there is sufficient airflow for it to level out.  I turned this feature off and tried holding the elevator down manually and the same result.  I’m not sure why the elevator being pitched down would cause a roll?

I think you need to trim the rudder for takeoff, could that be it?

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

BTW these were taken with my iPhone, I was a trifle busy.  Has anyone figured out a replacement for the "V" Screenshot key yet?

Left Windows Key + PrtScrn key has been working great for me,  The results will be in your "Pictures\Screenshots" folder, and this works with basically anything.. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

4 hours ago, FreedFlyer97231 said:

Does anyone know how, on the GPS, when various way points are set, how to tell it to skip one way point and go directly to another one?

Is it also possible to enter a new way point in between way points, and remove one without clearing out the entire flight plan?

The current MFS implementation notwithstanding, here's one of several instructional videos on using the Garmin 530.  Your results in MFS may vary, there seem to be certain things that don't work right yet but this is how it should go, I've also had it just lock up by entering/deleting waypoints enough times.

Edited by Stoopy
  • Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

49 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

I think you need to trim the rudder for takeoff, could that be it?

Thanks, I didn’t realize rudder trim was a requirement for takeoff in this aircraft.  I will give it a try (any recommended settings out there?) but I’m not sure that explains why the aircraft doesn’t have the issue if I hold the elevator level in the takeoff roll.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hey guys, one reviewer said that the fuel pump didn't work when you're using the Alt-P shortcut, can you tell me if this has been fixed in the update ? Thanks.

4 hours ago, Stoopy said:

Left Windows Key + PrtScrn key has been working great for me,  The results will be in your "Pictures\Screenshots" folder, and this works with basically anything.. 

Thanks, I will do that.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

7 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

I use GreenShot to capture screens on the fly. It's free and works great. It sits in the tray ready to use anytime. Just hit "CTRl+Shift+C" and mini window pops up that lets you take the whole screen or a crop of it. Set your output folder to your desktop (or any preferred location) and you can take as many screens as you want as you fly and they're sent directly to that location.

• Like 1

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

7 hours ago, regis9 said:

Thanks, I didn’t realize rudder trim was a requirement for takeoff in this aircraft.  I will give it a try (any recommended settings out there?) but I’m not sure that explains why the aircraft doesn’t have the issue if I hold the elevator level in the takeoff roll.

Rudder trim is not a requirement at all.  I am a experienced Mooney pilot and I have been flying this Carenado model since the first day available.  I have not touched the rudder trim even one time.  Elevator trim yes, make sure it is set for takeoff.  Try flying it like a real Mooney and use your rudder pedals.

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

10 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Has anyone figured out a replacement for the "V" Screenshot key yet?

Yes!   I'll get you sorted the next time we're enroute somewhere. 😉

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 hours ago, Truthan said:

I use GreenShot to capture screens on the fly. It's free and works great. It sits in the tray ready to use anytime. Just hit "CTRl+Shift+C" and mini window pops up that lets you take the whole screen or a crop of it. Set your output folder to your desktop (or any preferred location) and you can take as many screens as you want as you fly and they're sent directly to that location.

Anyone figured out how to set the default file type to JPEG?  My installation is set for PNG and the file sizes are huge. Thanks.

I see an option to save as a jpg, but, I have to set it every time for every single screenshot. I would think we would have a config file someplace for the file type of our choice.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .