Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Carenado Mooney Update

Loving this in the patch notes: -

'Fixed interior camera logic.'

Which translated into simple speak is, 'look left now shows a view left, and look right now shows a view to the right' 😄

Not knocking Carenado by the way.  If they keep going like this and release the patches to fix the Mooney up nice, then I will keep buying their stuff!

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 minutes ago, FreedFlyer97231 said:

Will such an add on completely replace the Carenado default GPS?

It would certainly be possible.

5 minutes ago, FreedFlyer97231 said:

Will such an add on completely replace the Carenado default GPS?

It would... but Carenado is currently using the Asobo GPS in their airplanes and have not indicated any desire to change that decision, thus sidestepping any responsibility..

Bert

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

It would... but Carenado is currently using the Asobo GPS in their airplanes and have not indicated any desire to change that decision, thus sidestepping any responsibility..

Hmm... Well, let's all make them aware that the GNS530 needs an update.

12 minutes ago, FreedFlyer97231 said:

Hmm... Well, let's all make them aware that the GNS530 needs an update.

Who is "them"?

Asobo is aware, and Carenado (true to form) does not appear to care..

• Like 1

Bert

The Garmin was the top issue on the list last time Asobo put out a list of things they are working on, so I would hope it is still high on their priority list.  The last patch helped some, but it still needs a lot of work to even get up to FS9/FSX levels.  

I don't own this plane yet (think I will buy it soon), but the issues people describe with mixture and the GPS are definitely default issues.  

I'm hoping we see a patch maybe next week, that was on their dev roadmap last time they posted it (but that was a few weeks ago so things could change).  

Edited by kerosene31

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

47 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Who is "them"?

Asobo is aware, and Carenado (true to form) does not appear to care..

Just to be clear. Carenado stated that should the XP 530 or F1 GTN become available for MSFS, Carenado would provide an update for the Mooney for those 3rd party GTNs. They were very clear on that.

Ray

• Like 2

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

@RXP please give us an update on the SDK.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

8 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

I love your signature! 

You could do that, or if you ask very nicely, I'm sure the master @Steve Dra himself, would send you a livery.  I'd bug him for one, but I'm waiting until Asobo gets the livery and registration thing worked out.... then there's a pretty beige and brown 201 that I'd like to remember better.

C

I showed in one of my posts on the 172 how to mod the "paint chip" they put in the texture folder to change the color.....   Its very easy to do...and adding logos is not too hard...once you kinda' figure out the whacky places Carenado puts all the fuse and wing parts!

BM9MKI.jpg

Meanwhile....flying from Republic to Martha's Vineyard....the moon.....well lets just say...gorgeous!

3W0BQd.jpg

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Ohhhhhhhhh.....since there are no "boundaries" for the Mooney cockpit (may be a bug but I hope they don't fix it!)  ......you can use the flashlight to do an exterior preflight at night! 🙂 

v3RviP.jpg

8GViFl.jpg

Loving night flights in the Mooney!

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

14 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

...once you kinda' figure out the whacky places Carenado puts all the fuse and wing parts!

That can be 1/2 the battle right there...

14 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Meanwhile....flying from Republic to Martha's Vineyard....the moon.....well lets just say...gorgeous!

Oh man.  Republic airport.  Brings back Sublogic FS2 memories.  Your screenshot certainly doesn't though!  That is a far cry from 1986!

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Just now, Mace said:

That can be 1/2 the battle right there...

Oh man.  Republic airport.  Brings back Sublogic FS2 memories.  Your screenshot certainly doesn't though!  That is a far cry from 1986!

Hehe....yeah....I think I still have some of the cardboard packets they used to package the 5 1/4 floppies in for "scenery"!   Probably collectors items by now.  I also have the "brown" Sublogic ATP manual laying around somewhere...those were the days.

I'm thinking the graphics are a wee bit better now than they were back then.   Of course I had an Indus GT 5.25 floppy disk drive....paid waaay too much for the blazing speed it transferred that 1.2mbs of data! 😲

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Just flew this aircraft from Portugal to the UK, at crisp 4k with a 1080ti, some compromises in the settings but honestly it looked stunning all the way - I keep clouds, textures and a couple of other settings at Ultra, turn off AA with 4k, turn off reflections

Some variable weather and severe turbulence over France, and a gusty, bumpy landing back in the UK where the weather perfectly matched the conditions here currently

This is a great plane from Carenado and I'm finally able to enjoy this sim, which is a truly remarkable experience after so many years of compromises in other platforms

MSFS is all starting to make a lot of sense to me now and I look forward to future fixes, developments and 3rd party aircraft releases!

Edited by EGLD
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Glad to see the positive feedback, both for the sim and the Mooney.

Yes, she’s a keeper and quite good. If Carenado spent a few more development hours on her- she’d be great... come on @Carenado !

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper